General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

IDK...what can he do differently? I mean of course he'll make some adjustments but that fight wasn't even all that competitive. Max has never checked leg kicks well against guys who really know how to throw them, Aldo was blasting him with them in their first fight.

Maybe Max will be more aggressive and force it into boxing range more to avoid the keg kicks but that's no picnic vs Volk.

City Boxing seems to have figured out MMA very well lately too...

I'm a fan of Max and would love to see him do better this time but not sure he can.
Betting forums biggest Holloway Stan here. Max might be a bit shop worn. Although I think Max can use his stance switching more to avoid kicks instead of checking I guess. Pretty sure Max has said his team doesn't even really gameplan either.

But....Aldo...blasting him with leg kicks? Nuh uh. He hit him with like one and was immediately countered.

Ha the books have no clue how to set the line on Stipe/DC. And I don't blame them, I have no clue how to cap it either. So they just set it at evens and will let the public decide.

DC getting way up there in years, got KO'd last time after Stipe made adjustments, knows it's his last fight and can't be sure of his motivation.
Stipe with massive eye issues, got KO'd the first time and was getting smashed the second time until he started going to the body, no idea where his head is at either.

Hopefully the line shifts big one direction or the other and makes it easy to just play the other side ha ha.
yeah hard to bet this one, though I think Cormier will make sure to be in a bit better shape this time. I still had Cormier up 3-0 so as a small dog he is the valueside imo. I also think Cormier is just a better fighter than Stipe. If Stipe is gonna win it is probably again gonna be in the later rounds.

Betting forums biggest Holloway Stan here. Max might be a bit shop worn. Although I think Max can use his stance switching more to avoid kicks instead of checking I guess. Pretty sure Max has said his team doesn't even really gameplan either.

But....Aldo...blasting him with leg kicks? Nuh uh. He hit him with like one and was immediately countered.

In their first fight? Am I remembering wrong? I thought Aldo landed some really hard ones. Not a lot of them volume-wise, but the ones that landed were really good. Unless I'm remembering wrong. I know Aldo was doing pretty well, it was very competitive until Max overwhelmed him with pace and volume. I thought leg kicks were part of that...but maybe I'm way off.

In their first fight? Am I remembering wrong? I thought Aldo landed some really hard ones. Not a lot of them volume-wise, but the ones that landed were really good. Unless I'm remembering wrong. I know Aldo was doing pretty well, it was very competitive until Max overwhelmed him with pace and volume. I thought leg kicks were part of that...but maybe I'm way off.
Maybe he threw some more in the second, but I only remember the one and Aldo is only credited for 1 in the stats page...so...

tenor.gif

im ready to throw down 10 unit max holloway at +165.

He will be more profesional with his weight cut and now he knows volk doesnt want to wrestle.

Last edited:
At this point I'm starting to think Costa is just trolling USADA

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-13-11-17-09.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-13-11-17-09.png
    528.5 KB · Views: 2
At this point I'm starting to think Costa is just trolling USADA

Why shouldn't he? They have been a pathetic joke ever since the UFC considered not renewing their contract, and USADA yielded, with the implicit understanding that they would no longer go after any big names.

Weili Zhang, relative to female's 115, looks even more comical than Costa does. Hell, she dwarfed Jessica Andrade in terms of muscle, who is the peak of Natty herself. Neither the UFC nor USADA mind at all, and she will never, ever pop.

Why shouldn't he? They have been a pathetic joke ever since the UFC considered not renewing their contract, and USADA yielded, with the implicit understanding that they would no longer go after any big names.

Weili Zhang, relative to female's 115, looks even more comical than Costa does. Hell, she dwarfed Jessica Andrade in terms of muscle, who is the peak of Natty herself. Neither the UFC nor USADA mind at all, and she will never, ever pop.
I agree about USADA. Surprised at his audacity I guess. I thought he had been fined for something before already. Either way Costa is looking ready for a heavy weight run. Curious to see him get that 185 title fight, Izzy better hope they use the big octagon.

Gaethje at +227, I'll take that. Those odds are way off. 2u bet placed.

I really like Weili but nobody can argue this. She doesn't look like she was born, she looks like she was created in a lab. And most likely, she's not buying supplements from dealers like most fighters that are on gear. She likely has her government providing her with the most absolutely cutting edge stuff there is the second it's invented.

they should bring back trt imo, more action better fights.

where do u think hollow - volk line is going to end up ?

mike perry seems like a 100% lock \

Lines for Invicta in weekend available.
Have any good leans? I watched some tape and not confident. Zappitella and Vanzandt gonna scrap! If I’m confident Vanzandt has good getups and can stuff her takedowns I’ll play her. If she is confident on her back looking for subs, she might lose rounds. If Parker has top control she might just win the rounds on top, but I like Chandler. Gonna need help on this card. Waiting for Suntszu.

Last edited:
Davi Ramos +160 in a couple weeks? Tsarukyan is pretty hyped and high level wrestling but Davi slightly better stand up and way better jits? Am i off the mark here?

Davi Ramos +160 in a couple weeks? Tsarukyan is pretty hyped and high level wrestling but Davi slightly better stand up and way better jits? Am i off the mark here?
yes ramos' striking is pretty stiff and he throws very little volume, he beat a few bums but he is not a good martial artist. I think Tsarukyan will outwork him.

Back