General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

Njo 10-9 r3. Great fight. Pretty easy to score. Let’s cash that dog boys

30-27, 29-28x2 Njokuani

Idk how there was a 30-27 but didn’t affect the fight result, regardless

I like Irwin Rivera -115 agianst Weems on Friday, Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA. He’s already fought and won in bareknuckle MMA while Weems hasn’t fought in it yet. Irwin is also the better striker and fights out of the better camp (Sanford). Irwin also has pretty good tdd
Rivera closed -220. Hopefully he comes through for the W

Weems clear 10-9 r3

absolutely terrible performance from Irvin. 80% of the fight was Weems against the cage circling towards Irwin’s power side and Irwin wasn’t doing shit

30-27x3 Weems. Terrible performance from Irwin. Has nobody to blame but himself. Barely threw any volume

upload_2023-9-16_10-51-15.png

Ana Villanueva is a bit of a national hero in the Dominican Republic, where the event is being held. 2x Pan-Am karate champion, bronze medalist at the world championships. She's 41 now.

Looks like they found a MMA tomato can she can beat.

Ana Villanueva (-160) $16.00 to win $10.00

Tempted by Sam Alvey, as his opponent appears to only have one-round cardio. I don't honestly know what Alvey's striking looks like.

Event is live on YouTube at 6:00 EST. https://karate.com/how-to-watch

Last edited:
I have Belcher (-200) and a little on LaBruzza (-110), by virtue of being local. The entire event should be streamed on YouTube at 8pm Eastern (2 hours from now).

I think Poirier will be a slight fav over BSD, maybe like -160. Other fight I could see it as a near pick em. I could see Tsarukyan favored by fight night though, what do you guys think?

I think Poirier will be a slight fav over BSD, maybe like -160. Other fight I could see it as a near pick em. I could see Tsarukyan favored by fight night though, what do you guys think?

On my bookie BSD is favorite at 1,70.
Actually, already dropped to 1,65.

On my bookie BSD is favorite at 1,70.
Actually, already dropped to 1,65.

Still early, many months til this fight goes down but I'd say given Poirier's level of competition and the massive experience gap he has on BSD he'll be the fav by fight night.

Having said that Poirier is clearly past his best & BSD will be a live dog at least for the first few rounds. Poirier should take over if he can survive the initial onslaught I imagine, this is a 5 round fight btw.

Looks like Poirier opened as the fav but now it's BSD -135 on DK. Also Tsarukyan currently -162 but I bet money will come in on Oliveira over the next few months perhaps.

Jhon Grueso’s game is pretty much throwing a right hand, initiating a clinch and immediately giving up underhooks. Not sure how Magomed-Giri isn’t 1.11 in this spot.

Am I missing something?

Back