Crime George Floyd case back in the News (Injustice)

And what kind of punishment will he get for having a firearm.

I'm going to bet almost nothing.

Funny you should ask. He turned himself in yesterday and was released on a ridiculously low bail. I mean ridiculous-$5k. In this very same county in the last two weeks, I was able to find three cases where bond was much lower for lesser crimes or instances in which the likelihood the subject would reoffend is low or the suspect was not nearly the threat to the community this guy is. For example, a teenager was drunk and wrecked his car, killing a passenger-a 16 year old kid. Terrible and tragic. The young man was released on 10k bond. He killed someone, so I don’t have an issue with his bond being given because he is a first time offender and this is voluntary manslaughter but he is not a threat to the community. Next, we have a man that shoplifted tools from a hardware store. Less than $500 actually, and his bond was $10k. Finally, we have a guy that got into a fight, pulls out a knife and starts swinging it around acting crazy and then throws the knife at the victim, but did not hit them. His bond, 20k. Same county. We have 4 or 5 magistrates and this is all the same county-don’t know if same magistrates. I know the background of the dui kid-he was still in high school. I understand balancing the loss of life and not Disrespecting the family by setting a low bond somehow lessening the value of their son. The low level thief stealing $349 getting a ten k bond is insane when compared to the low bond for a mutlple felon that shit someone. Then the knife thrower who missed his target for 4 x the amount for a bond. He used a lesser weapon in a lesser capacity and got 20k.

And I just remembered the topper. A few weeks prior, a teen got out of a vehicle and as it drove away, he shot at the vehicle but didn’t hit anyone. His bond, 100k

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2023/10/25/george-floyd-killed-himself/

George Floyd Killed Himself

Paul Craig Roberts

If you remember, 3 years and 5 months ago we were told repeatedly that Minneapolis white police officer Derick Chavin murdered black drug addict George Floyd by holding him on the ground with his knee on Floyd’s neck while Floyd cried “I can’t breathe.”

The “evidence” was a video taken at a distance by a young black girl that was misleading because it suffered from camera perspective distortion as experts at the time explained but were ignored in the media hysteria focused on the police officer. Moreover, Floyd’s complaints that he couldn’t breathe began when he was sitting in the patrol car. As the up close police videos showed, Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s shoulder, the approved technique. Chavin was restraining Floyd because he realized he had a fentanyl case on his hands, had called medics, and was restraining Floyd so he wouldn’t thrash around and use up what little oxygen he was receiving. Fentanyl kills, if my memory of my investigation is reliable, by depriving blood cells from carrying oxygen.

I reported these facts at the time and cited the evidence including the coroner’s report that Floyd’s blood contained a multiple of the fatal dose of fentanyl. But the false media narrative had no ears for the truth.

Chauvin was convicted by the media long prior to his trial, and no jury was going to go against solid national opinion. The jurors knew they would be denounced in the media and by politicians and would have Black Lives Matter and Antifa on their lawns. Consequently, innocent police officers were convicted for a crime that did not happen. The ignorant mob and corrupt media triumphed over justice.

When I was young, conviction by the media prior to trial and a guilty verdict meant the case was dismissed because the jury pool was biased.

Tucker Carlson recently reported the facts in the first 3 minutes and 30 seconds of this video– . What brought the facts to light again is a law suit filed by a prosecutor against her boss in which deposition under oath revealed the conversation between the prosecutor and the county medical advisor, who told her “that there were no medical findings that showed any injury to the vital structures of Mr Floyd’s neck. There were no medical indications of asphyxia or strangulation.”

We know the facts, Tucker says, but what can we do about it? Apparently nothing. Floyd, a drug addict who killed himself, has been made a martyr. There are monuments to him. Taxpayers turned over $27 million of their money to Floyd’s family. This is another lie set in stone. And innocent police rot in prison.

Everyone got what was coming to them.

What happened to George Floyd shoud have never happened and I felt the situation was poorly handled. However George Floyd is not a hero and was a useless criminal. A organization was able to exploit his death for their own personal monetary gain and said founders got their profit and bailed.

Autopsy or not we all saw the video of him getting killed by the cop

Kneeling on someone's neck as they have a medical emergency and beg for their life =/= inaction

Kneeling on someone's neck as they have a medical emergency and beg for their life =/= inaction
That seems like a solid point to me. He didn't CAUSE the specific conditions that killed Floyd, but you could argue, it seems, that he kept him from getting the attention he needed in that moment or even that he deliberately kept him from that attention. If I bearhug a guy who is having a heart attack and drag him into a closet, I may not have caused the heart attack, but I mean, I seriously interfered with his ability to treat his emergency condition.

That seems like a solid point to me. He didn't CAUSE the specific conditions that killed Floyd, but you could argue, it seems, that he kept him from getting the attention he needed in that moment or even that he deliberately kept him from that attention. If I bearhug a guy who is having a heart attack and drag him into a closet, I may not have caused the heart attack, but I mean, I seriously interfered with his ability to treat his emergency condition.

A guy I was very close friends with is still in prison for 2 counts of accessory to Capital Murder (execution style killing) of two teenagers, if memory serves me one was 17 and the other 16. Drug deal gone bad, my friend was only 18 himself at the time. He wasnt the shooter and they said the reason he was being hit with the accessory charge was specifically because he was there when it happened, had a gun himself, and did nothing to intervene. Had he tried to, the charges might not have been so severe.

Kneeling on a guy for over 9 minutes as he is having a medical emergency goes a touch past "they didnt help him"...they expressly prevented his life from being saved.

Kneeling on a guy for over 9 minutes as he is having a medical emergency goes a touch past "they didnt help him"...they expressly prevented his life from being saved.
Right, I agree. Seems reasonable to me. Enacting violence on someone in need of immediate medical help is immoral and has got to be illegal, especially if you're made aware of the medical situation.

A guy I was very close friends with is still in prison for 2 counts of accessory to Capital Murder (execution style killing) of two teenagers, if memory serves me one was 17 and the other 16. Drug deal gone bad, my friend was only 18 himself at the time. He wasnt the shooter and they said the reason he was being hit with the accessory charge was specifically because he was there when it happened, had a gun himself, and did nothing to intervene. Had he tried to, the charges might not have been so severe.

It was never on your friend to intervene against another armed suspect, however, he took his own gun to commit a crime and should have been hit with conspiracy to commit a felony as well. That was something that started in the 90s-to charge accomplices in robberies and murders with the same crime because they were a part of it. Maybe you don’t sentence the getaway driver as harshly as you do the guy wielding the gun inside the bank, but this was a law enforcement and prosecuting tool to handle these violent crimes. It is the same with the Rico act trying to bust up the mafia and gangs.

As for the other officers not intervening with chauvin, I have said many times that I don’t believe chauvin meant to kill Floyd, and him getting 42 years for that is insane to me. He was sentenced to 22 years or something for state charges and then another 20 for fed charges. I will never understand how that is not double jeopardy or why the Feds didn’t just handle the whole case, but that sentence is way beyond excessive, especially when I provided about half a dozen examples in the same city, where multiple time felons actually meant to kill someone’s, did so, and then got sentenced to between 7-13 years if I recall correctly. I looked up their crimes and linked the stories, linked their criminal records, and their sentences. I have also been involved in cases where life long felons committed murder and got seven years. Guys got into a fight, one party left and the other guy retrieved a gun, loaded it, and followed him out the door and shot the guy-premeditated murder and he got seven years?

As for the other officers in Floyd’s case, I strongly disagree with at least two of those being charged. One just held back the crowd so other officers were not attacked, which happens way too often in American and European policing. And one of the officers on Floyd’s feet was a rookie and told chauvin they should roll him on his side because he learned in the academy that people can die while being restrained. He was told to basically shut up and he was hammered with 3 years. They all were.

Just about the only good thing to come out of this whole incident was that some departments and states adopted a requirement to intervene in cases like this. Everything else from the calls to end choke holds, which are actually very rarely used in fatal cases-I used to do it quite often when I first became a cop and we used to teach lateral-vascular neck restraints(basically a side choke or head and arm choke) because that was what was taught by the fbi training academy I attended and ppct-pressure point control tactics. Most of the George Floyd act was bullshit, and while I do believe some of it and other pushes for changes I can get behind to a limited degree. I am in favor for restructuring how qualified immunity is used, however I am in no way in favor of eliminating it. I am in favor of limiting when and how often no knock warrants are used-such as using them for murder suspects or similar cases and not using them for drug cases. The whole no knock issue arose from breona Taylor which was absolutely not a no knock warrant-I plan to do that case in my thread very soon.

I know this wasn't directed at me but there being drugs in Floyd's system doesn't absolve Chauvin restraining him with a knee on his neck until even after he passed out. You can't choke someone to death and use the excuse that he was going to die anyway and ignore that instead of being restrained he should have been given aid.

This case particularly is vile because there were so many bystanders pleading for mercy and Chauvin's response was to indignantly ignore their concerns. It's a tough situation for the other officers since they were subservient to Chauvin and just followed his lead, but I'd also point out it was three officers restraining Floyd, and we've seen in other cases that just having someone face down with pressure on their back can asphyxiate them.

Personally, I don’t believe chauvin meant to kill Floyd, but he absolutely should have known and/or recognized how serious the situation had become. As for the crowd pleading with him, my thoughts are that chauvin was either distracted by them or simply decided to ignore them because “I’m a cop, damn it, and I don’t have to listen to you.”

I hope he gets the same lawyer as in his original trial. He did a very good job, regardless of the result.

Dude was killed. The cop should rot behind bars.

Do you feel that way about all murderers? Because I looked up many cases from this same city and court system where multiple time felons actually meant to kill someone by stabbing or shooting them and they received weak ass sentences-most under ten years. I have worked cases before where two guys got into a fight inside a shithead bar. One left and the other retrieved a gun, cocked it on camera, and then went after the guy and killed him. He did 7 years

Do you feel that way about all murderers? Because I looked up many cases from this same city and court system where multiple time felons actually meant to kill someone by stabbing or shooting them and they received weak ass sentences-most under ten years. I have worked cases before where two guys got into a fight inside a shithead bar. One left and the other retrieved a gun, cocked it on camera, and then went after the guy and killed him. He did 7 years
Of course.

Back