Social George Floyd statue unveiled at Newark City Hall in New Jersey weighs 700 pounds

No, I didn't know that. I was literally born in a cave and lived there my entire life, I just got out yesterday.
That would explain about 75% of your posts in the War Room.
<TheWire1>

That would explain about 75% of your posts in the War Room.
<TheWire1>

Well, whenever you see me say something and you disagree, tell me and why we can talk about it.

Well if history can glaze right over the good things great men like Columbus did and zero in on on the negative aspects (only when taken out of the context of the time) then this statue certainly won't age well considering he's a career criminal who's redeeming quality was dying while in custody. L. O. L.

Take quite a few people to tear it down I imagine not that I’m advocating that .

They weren’t traitors or losers.
Actually Lincoln was a traitor. The south were the assholes make no doubt about that and they were wrong for fighting for slavery, but the “traitor” label is more deserving of the north. When the 13 colonies formed, slavery was allowed. It was even legally in writing and the joining of the 13 colonies was contingent upon that among many other things. Then the north decided slavery was bad and stoped adhering to the written agreement. The north under Lincoln’s watch then started war with southern states that decided they had the right to succeed from the contract that the north refused to uphold. In fact many of the southern states didn’t even try to succeed from the union until after Lincoln told Americans throughout the country to take up arms vs southern states. Again, the north was on the right side of history, but if anyone should be considered a traitor, it’s the side that reneged on a contract and then ordered those who didn’t comply to be killed.

It is a disturbing movement that never ends:

Social Justice is the movement that never ends.
It just goes on and on, my friend.
Some people started doing it, not knowing what it was.
And, they'll continue doing it forever, just because
Social Justice is the movement that never ends...

tumblr_mqel9gKe4J1rotrlko1_400.gif

Bro, my dog is my best friend. He’s a member of my family and he looks out for my baby daughter.
I can’t believe there are such hateful people out there that think he shouldn’t be allowed to vote, to go inside Whole Foods with me, and to dine in public soup kitchens.

I didn't know they can stack shit that weighs 700 IBS.

Actually Lincoln was a traitor. The south were the assholes make no doubt about that and they were wrong for fighting for slavery, but the “traitor” label is more deserving of the north. When the 13 colonies formed, slavery was allowed. It was even legally in writing and the joining of the 13 colonies was contingent upon that among many other things. Then the north decided slavery was bad and stoped adhering to the written agreement. The north under Lincoln’s watch then started war with southern states that decided they had the right to succeed from the contract that the north refused to uphold. In fact many of the southern states didn’t even try to succeed from the union until after Lincoln told Americans throughout the country to take up arms vs southern states. Again, the north was on the right side of history, but if anyone should be considered a traitor, it’s the side that reneged on a contract and then ordered those who didn’t comply to be killed.

History is written and seen from the eyes of the victors. Wether you agree with Voltaire or not, this statement has lasted through the tests of time. I am also going to assume you agree that Hilter was justified invading Poland?

I’m not as well versed as you on the Civil War so I won’t even pretend. By claiming the North traders then you feel that you are being occupied?

At the end of the day what Lincoln did was for the betterment of the nation. If it were to happen today and Texas succeeded then you’d see the same situation.

Very interesting post.
Maybe you should consider running for office.

History is written and seen from the eyes of the victors. Wether you agree with Voltaire or not, this statement has lasted through the tests of time. I am also going to assume you agree that Hilter was justified invading Poland?

I’m not as well versed as you on the Civil War so I won’t even pretend. By claiming the North traders then you feel that you are being occupied?

At the end of the day what Lincoln did was for the betterment of the nation. If it were to happen today and Texas succeeded then you’d see the same situation.
at least we have established the ends do in fact justify the means.

I'm more interested in the weight of the statue then why it is in existence. I understand the symbolism, no matter how misplaced the martyrdom, but the 317.5 kilos must have hidden meaning, right? Why 700 lbs vs 700 kilos? Yes, this is an African vs European Swallow type of a conundrum.

I suppose symbols fall ass first into the zeitgeist and aren't necessarily important because of worthiness.
700 for the mg of fentanyl in his blood stream.

They weren’t traitors or losers though. That’s the defining distinction between a statue of Robert E. Lee and Washington.
They're actively trying to get rid of Washington's statue at....the university of Washington.

I’m not familiar off top of my head with hitlers invasion of Poland, I’m not a history buff but I did recently read a history book on America including the civil war.
Not sure what you mean by “being occupied” since I consider the north the traitors. I’m on team north, they were in the right. But I’ve always heard about the south being traitors but if you look into it, the union was based on a written contract based upon written agreements among the states. The north stopped adhering to those agreements and the south said fine we have the right to succeed from the union then. The north then said the hell you do and called for the war. I mean that’s obviously a very simplistic minimal summary but in a nutshell, yeah the north were the traitors.

Imagine making a saint out of that garbage.
Dying at the hands of a dumb cop doesn't make you a great person.

I wouldnt put it that way but yeah youre right. Floyd wasnt the greatest of person and there are thousands of better people who have died who dont get a statue. Should we put up states for the people who have died at the hands of thugs?

Lincoln looked into the economic feasibility of shipping all black people to Africa. He believed the two great races could never peacefully coexist.

It is 2021. Cities are burning.

It is sad people won't move beyond race like MLK dreamed.

Back