PlayStation GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Rate the Combat in PS4's Ghost of Tsushima

• Total voters
I adored Tenchu 1 & 2. Played them to death. Even though i preferred the first game i did get emotionally invested in Tatsumaru's story even though the premise of the game is a bit silly. Seeing things from his perspective was quite sad in the end.

Ghost Of Tsushima is a game i've been waiting for forever. I've always been interested in Samurai and found few games that provide a more grounded Samurai experience. Bushido Blade and Kengo are the only two i can think of and they're just 1v1 fighting games. Way Of The Samurai 3 was enjoyable but not quite it. I only got back into console gaming because of GoT being a PS exclusive but i had to have it and it didn't disappoint.

I can't think of many negative things to say about the game. Nothing major, anyway.

As for difficulty you could always switch to Lethal Mode. Both the player and enemies die faster but their aggression is increased and they can even attack simultaneously. The parry window is also smaller so your timing needs to be pretty good. Some find this mode can be easy however if you've mastered the combat and timing but the threat of being 1 or 2 shotted will still keep you on your toes.

The online mode is pretty fun as well. I have played a fair amount of it and have encountered no toxicity at all.
Yeah, I've been messing with difficulty settings, you can still single file the enemies, at least on hard. I think that's where I'm going to sit for the rest of my run, the parrying is a bit too easy otherwise, and i'm usually terrible at that..

This is def something I'd play coop on PC if that element comes out, but is it coop (2 player) for the entire campaign? I'm a little confused by the description. I see you can play with 4 people in some wave/raid mode thing

Never played way of the Samurai, but Bushido Blade was the shit. The levels were big compared to other fighting games, and I loved that you could one shot kill, good freaking memories!

Yeah, I've been messing with difficulty settings, you can still single file the enemies, at least on hard. I think that's where I'm going to sit for the rest of my run, the parrying is a bit too easy otherwise, and i'm usually terrible at that..

This is def something I'd play coop on PC if that element comes out, but is it coop (2 player) for the entire campaign? I'm a little confused by the description. I see you can play with 4 people in some wave/raid mode thing

Never played way of the Samurai, but Bushido Blade was the shit. The levels were big compared to other fighting games, and I loved that you could one shot kill, good freaking memories!
The Legends online mode is coop up to 4 players mostly just killing waves of enemies and defending outposts. There's a story mode that can be done with 2 players but it's not quite the same as the main game. You progress through levels rather than just kill waves of enemies. It's still quite fun to buddy up with people and slaughter baddies, though.

Coming right from Sekiro was a mistake. Too easy even on lethal. And the lil errands like fox following, flute playing etc got dull after the first 50 times. Then it got annoying. For some reason the combat didn’t feel the most fluid. Very stop n go. IMO. Secondary missions a bit too rote.

Good things ? Excellent graphics, love the customisation. Fun combat. Stealth’s good. Good story.
All in all a good distraction. Worth the money (PS5). Replayability …..eh not so much.

7.5-10.

Dang, I still haven't played the expansion yet :eek:

Beautiful game with a great story but I played this right after I beat Sekiro so even on Hard I had a pretty easy time with it.

I need to replay this at some point. My first experience was on my PS4 Pro, but now I have a PS5 and everything looks and runs better + the DLC that'll be the first time experiencing it for me.

Coming right from Sekiro was a mistake. Too easy even on lethal. And the lil errands like fox following, flute playing etc got dull after the first 50 times. Then it got annoying. For some reason the combat didn’t feel the most fluid. Very stop n go. IMO. Secondary missions a bit too rote.

Good things ? Excellent graphics, love the customisation. Fun combat. Stealth’s good. Good story.
All in all a good distraction. Worth the money (PS5). Replayability …..eh not so much.

7.5-10.
Loved this game but I agree on the replay ability. I played it a second time with the DLC and while I enjoyed it a lot I did find it repetitive. I compare this game a lot to Metal Gear Solid 5. While I think GOT has a lot going for it I don't think the combat options and stealth make for as much creativity as MGSV and therefore the game as a whole feels more repetitive. Still fantastic IMO.

Back