Giga Chikadze on Barboza "We are on different levels" Will "turn Edson into a wrestler".

Edson has all the physical tools to win but his problem is bad fight IQ. He showed it recently against Amirkhani where hurt him on the feet multiple times and then would keep letting him recover on the ground instead of finishing.

I'm rooting for Edson but wouldn't be surprised if Giga wins.

First of all, Dariush is a current top #3 LW and that fight ended in the second with Edson knocking him unconscious. What did he do with a jab and low kick? Win the first round? Before being on the receiving end of a knockout of the year contender in the second?

I'm not even saying Edson will win here. I frankly don't know, which is why I will be sure to tune in. But I want to know why the selective use of data? So Edson getting jabbed by top 3 Dariush in 2017 before KO'ing him is an argument for Giga being a better striker but Giga getting outstruck in all three rounds by Jammal Emmers (a guy with no wiki page) one year ago doesn't count why?
View attachment 875631
Daaaaaamn! Thread ova

Guarantee Edsons kicks are light years faster and could be a big problem for Giga

If Giga believes that, I think he's in for a long fucking night.

Barboza all day long, and Giga won't be walking straight for a week.

I do think it's going to be an awesome fight whomever wins it, the fans will get a treat.

Edson has one of the best strength of schedules of anyone in the past 10 years in the UFC (something like 10 ranked LW opponents) and he's done work in many of those fights.

He has a good number of easier bouts mixed in and he generally got smashed by the elite guys he's faced, almost to a person. Everyone beats Barboza. We've seen him get his salad tossed too many times, and it chased Barboza down to featherweight.

His boxing and boxing defense has never been good. Going to a decision war with a guy like Burgos didn't change my opinion of it.

I think Giga looks like the better striker with a lot less mileage.

Guys who say shit like this just sound like they don't have confidence in other areas or are afraid of other areas of MMA.

I really like Giga and he's making his way up the rankings. Edson is a level above his previous competition, but still below the top of the division. I like how Giga doesn't say that he will definitely win in the quote, that's about as objective as you can get from a fighter trying to promote himself.

Great fight!

Nice trash talk but I don't know if he is as good as the hype. Let's see it happen, Giga!

based on a finish of 37 year old Cub Swanson who has now been finished 9 times?

Or was it the finish of Jamey Simmons who I can't nit pick because he has no wiki page. lol .

those are Giga's two UFC finishes.

I'm full on board that Giga is talented. But for me, I'd have to see him win this fight before jumping on the train. Less than two years ago, he had a back and forth striking war with Brandon Davis.
These children just pay attention to the Instagram hype and are totally detached from reality. There’s no way you could look at these two actually fight or their level of competition and say giga is a much better striker. It’s straight up laughable.

You can't really judge the level of adaptation off his body of work yet can you? Do you think this version of Giga essentially makes Dan Hooker's lifeless body quit on its feet?

Edson has one of the best strength of schedules of anyone in the past 10 years in the UFC (something like 10 ranked LW opponents) and he's done work in many of those fights. I need to see him be outclassed or shown to be on a lower "level" than anyone much less an unproved kickboxer. Think about the few times Edson has been outclassed in the UFC and then think back to the caliber of fighter that did it - Prime Tony, Prime Khabib, & Prime Gaethje. All arguably top 10 P4P fighters when they faced Edson.

I can't take the lemon's that is Giga's body of work and pretend it's frozen Chik-Fil-A Lemonade. If I was a hardcore Edson fan or someone from his camp I would feel like this was utter disrespect. Talk is cheap....

Shout out to this white belt and the others in here who thought Giga wasn't going to style on Barboza.

Thanks for playing.

These children just pay attention to the Instagram hype and are totally detached from reality. There’s no way you could look at these two actually fight or their level of competition and say giga is a much better striker. It’s straight up laughable.

This post is straight up laughable.

Barboza did what Barboza does and he got brutalized when he fought someone with elite skill.

Batboza's weakness has always been someone with better hands.

This post is straight up laughable.

Barboza did what Barboza does and he got brutalized when he fought someone with elite skill.
LMAO imagine having my post bookmarked for a week just so you can click the button within 10 seconds of the fight ending and try to look special

giga has looked OK against absolute bums so far, nothing in his previous fights suggests he’s a much better striker than barboza. And I still don’t think he’s MUCH better at all. He won the fight and looked very sharp. Good for him he actually beat someone worth half a shit so he gets a big bump.

LMAO imagine having my post bookmarked for a week just so you can click the button within 10 seconds of the fight ending and try to look special

giga has looked OK against absolute bums so far, nothing in his previous fights suggests he’s a much better striker than barboza. And I still don’t think he’s MUCH better at all. He won the fight and looked very sharp. Good for him he actually beat someone worth half a shit so he gets a big bump.
dude, take the L and move on.

He didn't turn him to a wrestler but definitely beat him at his own game - was pretty damn competitive but Giga was definitely faster at better and maintaining the distance he wanted it to be at.

I never saw your post until tonight. Gave me a good laugh though, another candidate for "confidently incorrect."

Back