gillespie vs islam who you got

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

not sure why he would get this fight after a loss but anyways i feel gregor is pretty small for this much like colby vs usman but i do think gillespie is the better wrestler

Gillespie is the better wrestler and athlete, but he lacks dedication. Seems like mma is more of a hobby for him. I’d probably take Islam.

Gillespie is the better wrestler and athlete, but he lacks dedication. Seems like mma is more of a hobby for him. I’d probably take Islam.
mhm i hope him losing t kevin lee woke him up so he take sit serious he comes from super rich family so he isnt a true fighter at heart a rich guy whos naturally talented who does like to push himself but doesnt need it i feel his size hurts him in this fight even 5 pounds can make massive difference

I would pick Makhachev, because his wrestling defense has really been tested - and by a better wrestler: Arman Tsarukyan (come at me).

Makhachev has more controlled and methodical striking too.

I would pick Makhachev, because his wrestling defense has really been tested - and by a better wrestler: Arman Tsarukyan (come at me).

Makhachev has more controlled and methodical striking too.
gillespies stirking did look good before getting koed tbh i find his size would be why he loses vs islam gregor if was same size or just tiny bit smaller i feel would be able to control him its funny hes fighting prob the biggest 155 guy atm and hes the smallest 155 much like colby vs usman

did u use to compete in greco just curious due to the name

did u use to compete in greco just curious due to the name

Yes sir. Nothing terribly serious. Mid 2000s Jeff Funicello convinced me greco was more fun than folk/free so I hopped on the wagon for a few years.

Yes sir. Nothing terribly serious. Mid 2000s Jeff Funicello convinced me greco was more fun than folk/free so I hopped on the wagon for a few years.
as a greco guy what would you say would be the best takedown for mma thats mostly used in greco? double udnerhook twist down?

While I agree he is a better wrestler; Islam is probably the better overall grappler. He's a judo and sambo black belt and yes, wrestling is a better art for MMA but from my experience judo/sambo techniques can really caught wrestler out of guard, once they learn then its very hard to happen again.

While I agree he is a better wrestler; Islam is probably the better overall grappler. He's a judo and sambo black belt and yes, wrestling is a better art for MMA but from my experience judo/sambo techniques can really caught wrestler out of guard, once they learn then its very hard to happen again.

gillespie isnt your average wrassler either what other wrestlers do you know who willfully take the mount or back? he either mounts to set up his arm triangle or takes the back flattens guys and goes to pound town

Did Funicello eventually get into the grappling scene for USA Wrestling?

Did Funicello eventually get into the grappling scene for USA Wrestling?

He tried. Jeff was never that good of a grappler imo. Far better wrestler. I believe 2009 was the last time he entered the USA grappling worlds and he lost to Askren in the semis.

as a greco guy what would you say would be the best takedown for mma thats mostly used in greco? double udnerhook twist down?

Honestly can’t say because I have next to no experience in mma. Obviously a lot of takedowns happen from double unders. Couture would often go double unders to a low lock twist snap down or inside trip. I haven’t watched a Lindland fight in ages not really sure what his favorite takedowns were.

Honestly can’t say because I have next to no experience in mma. Obviously a lot of takedowns happen from double unders. Couture would often go double unders to a low lock twist snap down or inside trip. I haven’t watched a Lindland fight in ages not really sure what his favorite takedowns were.

yeah lindland basically rag dolled guys down from over under or double under usually from what i see from greco guys is they dont actually hit certain techniques that they would hit in greco but they have such a strong clinch game and feel so at home there they can just get guys down

kind alike the way bjj guys get guys down at times with body locks but the way they take guys down in fights isnt the same as how the technique is taught in the gym

He’s been training sub grappling for a while, I’m sure he’s here to surprise

Gillespie has a reputation as a gym/mat rat. What makes you say he's not really into MMA that much?

Body lock all day. Chest to chest.....with double underhooks

man its crazy how quick matt would get double unders on guys like it was nothing lol even vs fedor n their fight its hard to see what hed usually do with it though tbh he knocked himself out once trying to get a guy down from the clinch

Back