Social Gina Carano tosses her hat into social media politics #fireginacorano trends

CNN is the lowest of the low.

Most recent was their continued lies about the capitol riot
CNN got busted staging fake news on multiple occasions. They’re just as bad as Fox if not worse.

It is not as if Carano displayed awesome skills prior to that. She generally fought women smaller than her for her total of seven fights. Quit MMA after a loss just like she did kickboxing.
Not denyin any of that

I’m gonna get a ton of hate for this but I don’t really see why what she said was so controversial. She wasn’t saying anything bad about the Jewish community or trying to downplay their struggle. She was making a point that going against the popular political parties’ beliefs feels like a witch hunt and well, they kind of proved her point.

I don't really give a fuck about Carano...she is a company employee and if disney's policy is to be woke-friendly or something she should comply if she's under contract. They had full rights to fire her.

I'm laughing at the crowd of woke-police apologists. Man do you wonder why you always get called soy boys? Its cause of shit like that. Letting a bunch of weirdos police whats allowed and whats not its the same as letting your children get what they want everytime they throw a tantrum. Truly pathetic. Then you wonder why this generation is full of commies. Disgusting.
Projecting what everyone who disagrees with you on this topic is thinking does not make a good argument. It just makes you look insecure and ignorant.
Do I think she deserved to be fired/would I have fired her if I was in charge? No. But (and this is what I REALLY don't understand about hypocritical conservatives: She works for DISNEY. When you work for a HUGE public-facing kid-friendly franchise you (often even in your contract) agree (tacitly or otherwise) to represent that company. So what lots of people don't be able to get their head around is that what she said is (ignorant, whiney, tasteless, but) not the end of the world, ....but she said it on a public platform *while* representing Disney. The company. They don't want the public to associate that kind of whiney, cognitive dissonanced ignorance, so the canned her. CAPITALISM BABY!

Get over it. You, ironically, sound triggered. And scared. CONSERVATISM BABY!

The left are the new Bible thumpers
.....Except the Right never stopped thumping bibles and are and have always been obscenely religiously motivated and vote strictly based on that and want to control everyone's body, conscience, and soul (hahaha, it's almost funny even writing it out, but true).

Has she ever fought in the UFC? Why is this here?

I'm willing to bet that for the most part, left leaning posters would have no issue with revealing the opinion they voice on these forums to the public.
There's some truth to that, I'm sure.
There are extremes on each side of the political spectrum. But in this case, the Right is just pretending that, suddenly, NOW they don't like Capitalism or the free market. When a company (Disney) is ashamed by something their employee (Carano) publicly posts, they remove her from the roster. That's the business' prerogative, and I guarantee that the Right would be defiantly defending that decision if it was, say, a cake company denying service to a gay couple. So one company should be able to choose *not* to serve someone based on their sexuality (gays), but another company (Disney) isn't allowed to part ways with an employee they don't like who is publicly making them look callous and ignorant towards the friggin holocaust. (boof....and vaccinations, and masks). Sorry, but THAT'S HOW BUSINESSES WORK, and conservatives can't even figure out if they like Capitalism or not, because they love telling others what they can do, but not regulating themselves (and this is an internationally conservative phenomenon, not just in the US)

A suprising take from the young turks. I agree with them.

It doesn't fall "right into the definition of fascism", wtf. Gina has the right to say whatever she wants, nobody is taking that away from her. Her employer (a private company) has the right to not want to be associated with these opinions if they are damaging to their reputation.

Besides, comparing republicans in today's America to Jews in nazi Germany is so utterly moronic that I would have to agree with @Hellowhosthat

It is not. This is how it starts. Germany did not go from full freedom to full tyranny in one day. When people are not allowed to have their own not state sanctioned opinion it reminds more and more of totalitarianism.

Hollywood are full of pedophile pieces of shit anyway. A descent person should not have anything to do with them

Keep thinking that, lol.

#CancelDisney is trending on Twatter. It's a lot more than 1, but of course you thought that, being stupid and all.

P.S. Imagine losing 5 billion dollars in a quarter.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/d...-pandemic-wreaks-havoc-on-business-2020-08-04

Stay rustled.
Hard to stay Rustled when I own their stock. They doubled their share price in the last 5 years.BTW Disney($DIS) was up today and up after hours. That Cancel Disney trend is going to work out as well as the Nike one.
I do support your decision to cancel Disney as a consumer and as a shareholder hopefully you come back. I for one can’t wait to see how WandaVision ends.

Apparently, the story goes deeper than that.
They wanted to fire her for months. The second she let it be known that she was on the conservative side and didn't tow the "progressive" line, she was targeted for dismissal.
The antisemitic accusation was so ridiculous, it made me raise my eyebrow.
But it all made sense upon closer investigation.
It was just a convenient excuse for a dismissal that was long coming.

Understand that Disney is owned by specific people with specific interests.
Since they bought LucasFilm, they are trying to push their "progressive" agenda in the SW franchise.
There's a reason that the sequel trilogy was so incredibly woke on all levels (Mary Sue MC, Black love interest, etc).

What scares me as a European, looking at Americans on this forum and elsewhere, is how quickly they are ready to demand blood, close their eyes, and accept Carano's slaughter.

Her Nazi Germany comparison was spot on. I say this as an amateur 20th century historian.
America is Nazi Germany, just reversed. The powers that be hated the Nazis, but they did not care about keeping the methods which they found effective. If you study film & propaganda, you will see that lots of the methods used to propagate information are identical to that of Goebbels. Disney essentially plagiarised lots of the Nazi filming techniques & other methods.

I really quite don't know where America is going to go.
People are very cowardly, very badly educated, and thus very easy to accept being sheep that accept a given line. We are not talking anymore about a citizenry per se, more of a mob really.

Indeed. Well put

Cowardly fools sheer on their own demise. They get what they deserve in the end.

When people are being "made accountable" by being on the wrong end of a witch hunt, blacklisted and losing their careers over words that don't fit a certain political agenda, that is indeed cancel culture. Actually it falls right into the definition of fascism.
It's a code of conduct situation. It's in every contract. It's why you don't get baristas at Starbucks telling customers to fuck off. Free speech can't save you your contractual duties.

She actually survived 2 witch hunts already. Disney really wanted to give her a chance, but she kept pushing it. She wanted to die on that hill and she got her wish.

Many celebs have made similar paralels between nazism and todays politics with zero outrage. All leftwing celebs ofcourse.
Where have these celebs made a parallel between being villified for their support of a politician and what happened to the jewish community in the fucking holocaust?

The Nazi parallel is a lazy one and it has been directed at Trump and his supporters. Although fascist, they are not nazis. Well, except for the actual Nazis. To call someone a nazi for horrible shit they have done is one thing, trying to falsely equivocate the treatment of Trump supporters to the Jews under Nazi occupation is absolutely ridiculous.

Ah conservatives.

Worth bearing in mind she is an atrocious actor, this is being way overlooked and is the true basis for her being disgraced.
If she could act she would still be in a job.
^^^^^^^This is actually an important factor. She was a bad actress playing a minor role on one if the biggest shows in the world. She can be cut from the show and very little is lost.

Back