Glory 74 & Collision 2- Rico vs Badr II

Damn i feel very lucky. Badr was piecing him up.

Have to consider that a really lucky break for Rico to get that TKO win after Badr dropped him twice and then injured himself with that spinning kick. 8 units gain on the balance.

Glory 74 & Collision 2 Results
Risk $1,973.00

Rico Verhoeven (-175) vs Badr Hari $350.00 for $200.00= $200.00
Rico Verhoeven (-185) vs Badr Hari $925.00 for $500.00= $500.00

Mohammed Jaraya (-135) vs Massaro Glunder $135.00 for $100.00= $100.00

Asa Ten Pow (+130) vs Zakaria Zouggary $200.00 for $260.00= -$200.00

Serhiy Adamchuk (-178) vs Aleksei Ulianov $178.00 for $100.00= $100.00
Serhiy Adamchuk (-185) vs Aleksei Ulianov $185.00 for $100.00= $100.00
-----

Total Profit= $800.00

Kickboxing fights are super unpredictable. Fuck ton of questionable judges' decicions and the short rounds ain't helping either.

... It's a trap fight for betting. Rico may have some good advantages, but they are not enough to guarantee him the win, and - he is the favourite, not really worth betting.
Tell me how this wasn't a trap fight! Badr was fighting like a dumbass the whole fight, despite that scored two knockdowns. And to make things even more fucky he injured himself AGAIN.
Fucking mess of a fight. Everybody who had money on whatever side should feel silly after watching what happened. Sorry if this offends some ppl.

Last edited:
Tell me how this wasn't a trap fight! Badr was fighting like a dumbass the whole fight, despite that scored two knockdowns. And to make things even more fucky he injured himself AGAIN.
Fucking mess of a fight. Everybody who had money on whatever side should feel silly after watching what happened. Sorry if this offends some ppl.
I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but couldn't they have achieved the same outcome, if it was indeed a fix, without giving Rico brain trauma?

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but couldn't they have achieved the same outcome, if it was indeed a fix, without giving Rico brain trauma?

I don't think he is calling the fight a fix, I think he's just saying is degen to be betting on these kind of unknowns and fights with a lot of question Mark's around them.

Watching the fight reinforced why I didn't want to bet the line for either guy, despite Rico and Badr literally the being only 2 relevant kickboxers in 2019 that I am very familiar with.

Badr is simply a faster, harder striker. Even now at 35 and weighing in at a heavier 244 pounds, that edge was very obvious. Personally, I don't understand why Rico, who relies on his technique more, and isn't a heavy puncher, doesn't drop 10-15 pounds. 260 pounds is way too much for him to carry, and he looked slow and lumbering at times.

On the flipside, Badr is and always has been very mentally weak. He is great when he dominates opponents, but if he meets resistance, or gets hit, he starts making dumb decisions. Or in the case of his many DQs, either looking for a way out or unable to control his emotions.

Rico, by contrast, is supremely mentally tough and has the heart and will of the great champion that he is.

Thus, after Badr blistered him in round 1, Rico came back and solidly beat him in round 2. And at that point, you could already see Badr becoming more sloppy and trying to end it early, not wanting to engage in a back-and-forth war of attrition.

Badr is so good that it almost worked. The set-up for that beautiful, fast head kick in round 3 that floored Rico was excellent. However, again Rico got up, with seemingly little discouragement, and began fighting on even terms again.

So what does Badr do? Go for a crazy, low-percentage power shot with the spinning back kick.

Rico sees the blow coming a mile away and instead of simply avoiding it, decides to set a hellacious block. I don't know how many of you guys have trained martial arts that involve kicking, but rest assured that a proper, hard block can cause absolutely tremendous damage to the foot, knee, or leg. And Rico's was as good as they come.

Thus, it was hardly a "freak" injury. A lucky outcome for Rico? Sure. There was a good chance that Badr would have taken the damage and kept going, without it being bad enough to stop him.

But that the block would hurt Badr, and that it only happened because of Badr's mental weakness shouldn't be ommitted, and Badr's frailty was absolutely something we knew coming into the fight.

I dont really follow kickboxing but Rico, for such a big guy has so little power in his hands.

I dont really follow kickboxing but Rico, for such a big guy has so little power in his hands.

He has power; his very high percentage of decision victories are mostly a relic of fights when he was much younger, and also fighting even more risk-averse than he does now.

In his last 10 fights, stretching back the last 4 years, Rico has 6 knockouts and only 4 decisions against some tough names.

Now obviously, he has way less power than someone like Hari or Saddik, but he is very far from pillow-fisted.

I totally agree with what @PolarBearPaulVarelans said about Rico's weight. Too fucking big. The guy is already smart and mentally resiliant, if he was lighter he would've add the much needed speed and as a bonus - even more cardio.
And Badr... I had the illusions that I will see the vintage Badr, the smart Badr who is not just chucking right hands out there, but creates smart set-ups, traps etc. I guess this Badr is long gone.

Thanks for your posts before the fight it stopped me betting. I was going to do a fun one on Rico but thought otherwise! Cheers for the rational insight.

Back