Gokhan Saki released from the UFC, hints at return to kickboxing

good question from Bang Rachan. What kind of "business"? Because he hasn't fought for a long time. From what is he living?
Ah and could somebody please open up a thread on Jwp vs. Holzken 21.04 Onefc ;)

He is making a serious error for not taking the training seriously. He should just go back to the Netherlands and train with other coaches. There are good coaches beside Big Mike. After all these years he has gained some ring rust and it would be a shame if he would resume his carrier with a loss due to training errors or wrong fight strategy.

Saki doesn't need to fight. His family makes serious money with their own "business".
I meant those coaches in Dubai are trying to make a living but are not proven on kickboxing rules.

He is making a serious error for not taking the training seriously. He should just go back to the Netherlands and train with other coaches. There are good coaches beside Big Mike. After all these years he has gained some ring rust and it would be a shame if he would resume his carrier with a loss due to training errors or wrong fight strategy.
He's back training with Nick Hemmers from Golden Glory. He was at his peak when he was training at Golden Glory, I think Big Mike kind of ruined him like most fighters by turning them into head hunters.

He's back training with Nick Hemmers from Golden Glory. He was at his peak when he was training at Golden Glory, I think Big Mike kind of ruined him like most fighters by turning them into head hunters.
Saki is still in Dubai, Nick Hemmers is helping him. He will also need a great crew, some kickboxing sparring. I think he will spare with Verlinden and maybe Zimmerman. :)) Ben Saddik was needed.

Saki is still in Dubai, Nick Hemmers is helping him. He will also need a great crew, some kickboxing sparring. I think he will spare with Verlinden and maybe Zimmerman. :)) Ben Saddik was needed.
Yes, you can see them training in Dubai on Nick´s Instagram

It would be a great great fight! For a long time I have been advocating for Spong on this forum. Hopefully Glory could make it happen this summer...

This needs its own thread

Can you make it? Or white belts still restricted?
Nothing sure yet, Adegbuyi says he could fight Rico, if not both will have intermediate fights. Plus Vecht sometimes is not very reliable.

Do you want a thread for Spong vs. Verhoeven? Tell me!

Where (in which division) and who should fight Saki now that he hints return to kickboxing? I guess somebody will pick him up soon, from GLORY/ONE. Gokhan announced his availability, he recommended himself to the global kickboxing.

For Saki the HW division is the only division. I agree that he is not a real HW but all his life he fought HW. So I don`t think LHW division is in cards for him. Not like it wouldn't fit him more, but I think he does not consider any other division beside HW.

For Saki the HW division is the only division. I agree that he is not a real HW but all his life he fought HW. So I don`t think LHW division is in cards for him. Not like it wouldn't fit him more, but I think he does not consider any other division beside HW.

Yeah when i've suggested Saki at LHW i don't think it's realistic, but i do think it's his best option at this stage of his life.

Back