Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread

Is this reasonable? or a slippery slope?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its also a bit sad to see that people have fallen to the fear and are now into the idea of the vaccine passports. When the variants could come up again and they will push for more and more lockdowns and it wont matter whatever you had your vaccine or not for covid this is bound to happen.

Many dont know that your data about your health could actually be send digitally but again, your data about your health and vaccination should be only be private to you and your health provider right? imagine you walk in a city you lose your phone or gets hacked well your data might get lost.
That's a slippery slippery slope . I don't want to find out where it can go. Imagine your medical history became the pre requisite for what you got to participate in society . Oh sorry sir, it says here your bi-polar , we unfortunatly can't let you purchase tickets to said event as it's considered a health risk to those around you.

People under 70 have slightly over a 99% survival rate from Covid-19. People over 70 have around a 97% survival rate. Countries are destroying the lives of young people to benefit the old.

Just Noticed About the Craziness in Ontario Another Round of Lockdowns and Elsewhere in Canada.

According to the story from the news.
Ontario has 2,100 mostly from Toronto to. ICUs had surpassed 400 and for that reason and number of 400 they are shutting down the whole province again?

What i had noticed whatever happened to the Canadian national armed forces? you know setting up field hospitals around the hot spots during a crisis?

The government had no problems sending Canadian troops to nursing homes to check in with the situation and make a full public report.
Yet for some strange reason both govs, the federal and provincial gov wont even call in the Canadian armed forces to built in more filed hopstials if they claim that they are being overwhelmed?

I also had noticed the media in Canada is not talking about the Canadian borders or the imaginations and immigrants coming to Canada are they being checked out for their health and potential issues? its like the borders dont exist anymore.

Just Noticed About the Craziness in Ontario Another Round of Lockdowns and Elsewhere in Canada.

According to the story from the news.
Ontario has 2,100 mostly from Toronto to. ICUs had surpassed 400 and for that reason and number of 400 they are shutting down the whole province again?

What i had noticed whatever happened to the Canadian national armed forces? you know setting up field hospitals around the hot spots during a crisis?

The government had no problems sending Canadian troops to nursing homes to check in with the situation and make a full public report.
Yet for some strange reason both govs, the federal and provincial gov wont even call in the Canadian armed forces to built in more filed hopstials if they claim that they are being overwhelmed?

I also had noticed the media in Canada is not talking about the Canadian borders or the imaginations and immigrants coming to Canada are they being checked out for their health and potential issues? its like the borders dont exist anymore.
Just wait until the cases from the mandatory, three-day hotel stay make to court, you'll hear about the border again, then.

Or

When the public finds out that Mexican beekeepers on pre-approved work permits, don't have to quarantine, but Canadian citizens returning from abroad, do.

Fuck you Ford .

Idiot Locked down golf courses and driving ranges! But I can go hang out at Walmart..

Honk honk
If idiots keep idioting, this shit will keep spreading and we will keep getting lockdowns. People could try a little harder not to be idiots. Where i am from people drive to a grey zone city to go to costco rather than shop locally to save a few dollars. That's not ford's fault.

It’s time to change the vaccination rollout in Ontario and vaccinate essential workers. Anyone working in warehouses, manufacturing etc should get the shots now along with healthcare who haven’t yet got it.

You know which economy hasnt slumped one bit since the “pandemic” and are actually doing quite well?

Yeah dude it was awesome! Seeing a record number of people die and dealing with the stress of one employee getting it and shutting us down. Not to mention working 70+ hours a week for months. It was absolutely fantastic for our mental health and family lives.

<3>

HOSPITALS and DOCTORS

How much OT did people in the medical field work in the last year and how much funding did they receive during this? Their pockets are nice and full so of course shutting down the outside world sounds ok with them. They are ballin’ out of control and are securing more work for the future of “medicine”

If idiots keep idioting, this shit will keep spreading and we will keep getting lockdowns. People could try a little harder not to be idiots. Where i am from people drive to a grey zone city to go to costco rather than shop locally to save a few dollars. That's not ford's fault.
I'm venting but yah we should build a wall around Peel region and lock the doors

You mean this idiot?
bpqqnhvslq051-e1590366741377.jpg

john-tory-trinity-bellwoods.png

1_4903170.jpg

Or this idiot?
Snf_YPdu_7-cCcD7FzXpzprAS1PkmmYhORK9kjBNzYEar1zzU6FU_MaSEBEokB41egMFjhV7uUDzE9PyJeY0hRisVH4NQO2p8qkT5BqdfE-MRsHLFtMX70I

Ontario Premier Doug Ford went to his cottage briefly last month, days after asking the province's residents to stay away from theirs.

Ivana Yelich, spokesperson for Ford's office, confirmed Friday that on the morning of April 12, the premier "drove alone to his family property up north to check on the plumbing as the property is under construction and has been over the past two years," she said in an email.

"He spent less than an hour there and on his travel he didn't stop anywhere and he didn't interact with anyone."

Days before, on April 8, Ford had asked residents not to visit their cottages during Easter weekend due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and the strain visitors could put on rural health-care systems.

He said he had recently spoken with cottage country mayors, who were "begging us to get the message out" to stay away.

"There's no one that loves my cottage more than I do, but I'm not going to my cottage," Ford said during the news conference.

"We're going to make sure that we listen to the protocol that the chief medical officer has requested."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-cottage-covid-19-coronavirus-1.5561167

Or this idiot?
justin-trudeau2.jpg

Despite repeatedly urging Canadians to stay home for Easter amid the coronavirus pandemic, even if it meant not seeing their families, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is defending the decision to go see his.

The pandemic forced Canadians across the country to abandon hopes of travel to see loved ones and also came amid warnings from public officials for people not to travel to cottages unless that is already their primary residence — and really, just not to leave their homes at all.

But shortly after calling on Canadians to “stay home” and “Skype that big family dinner,” Trudeau crossed the provincial border from Ottawa into Quebec to visit his wife and three children at Harrington Lake.

Harrington Lake is the name of a federally designated heritage building maintained by the National Capital Commission that serves as the country residence of Canadian prime ministers.

While only a half-hour drive from Ottawa, getting to the residence requires crossing the provincial border into Quebec, something police recently set up checkpoints in a bid to limit.

Trudeau defended the travel when questioned by journalists on Tuesday at his daily briefing.

“After three weeks of my family living up at Harrington and me working here, I went to join them for Easter weekend. We continue to follow all the instructions from public health authorities,” he said.

“Yes, but did somebody tell you this was OK?” asked the journalist.

“All over social media, people are wondering why this exception was OK for you, why it was OK for you to go see your family at the cottage.”

“My family has been living there for three weeks,” Trudeau repeated. “This is where my wife and my children live.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6815936/coronavirus-justin-trudeau-andrew-scheer-easter-travel/

Or these idiots?
liberal-mps-kamal-khera-sameer-zuberi.jpg

Liberal MP Kamal Khera has announced she is stepping down as parliamentary secretary to International Development Minister Karina Gould after revealing she travelled across the border to Seattle to attend a private memorial.

In a statement shared Sunday on Twitter, Khera said she attended a gathering of fewer than 10 people to mourn the loss of her uncle and father. The Brampton-West MP left Canada after the most recent parliamentary session came to an end and returned home Dec. 31. Khera said her visit was deemed essential but said she is leaving her parliamentary secretary role to ensure her choices "do not distract from the important work of our government."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-politicians-pandemic-travel-1.5859785

Or what about this incompetent ugly-ass goober piece of shit?
health-coronavirus_canada-copy.jpg

...In January, for example, leading Canadian federal politicians and health officials told us cases of coronavirus would be rare in Canada, that border closures were wrong-headed and unnecessary, and that there was generally no need for private citizens to wear face masks in public.

By April, with the disease swamping parts of Canada and pushing our country hundreds of billions of dollars into debt, the federal government abruptly reversed itself on every one of these critical policies.

Given how often the federal government has had it wrong, Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer, should be the last person in Canada to complain about heated debate around the pandemic, yet that’s how I take her latest comments.

On Monday, Tam issued a statement reminding us we all need to be careful before we accept any information about COVID-19 that we read online. That is excellent advice.

But Tam’s main point was at best tone deaf, at worst harmful: “While Canadians and public health authorities alike are rapidly responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to be mindful that we are doing so in the midst of an ‘infodemic.’ That is an overabundance of information about COVID-19, including rumours and misinformation, sometimes deliberately spread … False or misleading information can spread as fast as a virus.”

Does Tam not recognize her own fallibility on this count?

As coronavirus spread fast through Wuhan and the Hubei province in China, leading to a complete quarantine of that region on Jan. 23, and pushing Asian nations and regions to shut down travel from China and eventually from other infected countries, Tam told Canadians there was no reason to panic or even to be overly concerned. “Right now, the cases are in China. Very few are exported.”

On Jan. 31, she added: “Canada’s risk is much, much lower than that of many countries. It’s going to be rare.”

That was a brutal miscalculation, instrumental to Canada’s slow and complacent initial response.

Tam made other mistakes, in part because like every other public health official in the world she was still learning about the mysterious disease. She downplayed the threat of asymptomatic spread. She spoke out against the use of thermometers for screening at public places. She failed to recommend mask wearing for the general public. And she continued to fight against travel bans and automatic quarantine from infected countries, even as outbreaks exploded in Iran, Italy and finally the United States.

At the end of February, 23 Chinese-Canadian doctors insisted such bans and quarantines were sound public health policy. “This is about containing the virus, this is about isolation of the virus, not isolation of people,” Dr. Stanley Zheng of Toronto told the National Post. “It has nothing to do with discrimination whatsoever. It’s a global fight against this virus. Let’s contain it if we can.”

Zheng’s critique was unwelcome news to some. Would it be the kind of statement now classified as misinformation? It’s worth noting that one week later on March 5, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau strongly affirmed Canada’s open borders approach, telling reporters it was based on science, not unsound rumour. “There is a lot of misinformation out there, there is a lot of knee-jerk reaction that isn’t keeping people safe,” Trudeau said.

I asked Tam’s media officials for examples of current misinformation in this so-called “infodemic.” The best they could do was point to a paper by medical researchers that described just one specific concern, a poll question from April by Leger asking if having a COVID-19 vaccine should be mandatory. It was the opinion of the researchers that this question implied to the public that the government was pushing for a mandatory vaccination policy, even when it wasn’t doing so.

The Leger poll question is indeed speculative but it’s hardly damning evidence that we’re in the grip of a dangerous “infodemic.”

There are now heated public and scientific debates boiling along on everything from the nature and efficacy of herd immunity to the exact origin of the virus, from the accuracy of standard COVID-19 tests to the triggers that might initiate more lockdown measures.

To find our best way forward we’re going to need more vigorous debate and rational skepticism, not less.

Might Tam’s invocation of a dreaded “infodemic” put a chill on such dissent? Indeed, is her intent to stifle criticism of government policy?

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion...should-complain-about-covid-19-misinformation

It seems to me that there are two kinds of Canadians. The ones that think society functions because of the government, and the ones that think society functions in spite of the government.

Can I buy a house there that isn’t 1.1 million dollars for a bungalow

Not after we print another 10 trillion this year for Biden’s never-ending pork projects and stimulus. We'll be paying for houses with Zimbabwean Billion-Dollar notes before this term is over. The way we are heading though, free housing and reparations to illegal immigrants probably isn't too far off. I'm just saying, a conservative Canadian could do worse than illegally immigrating to Michigan.

Last edited:

Actually, it is. Picking and choosing where the obvious hot spots are gonna be, is on the government. If you shut down say Keswick, but leave Aurora open, guess where all the Keswickians are going? It's not rocket science, and humans are gonna be humans. The government needs a plan to keep people in place. People aren't gonna police themselves, nor should they be expected to. Same with all these arbitrary shutdowns that funnel people into big box stores. Is that people's fault too?

Actually, it is. Picking and choosing where the obvious hot spots are gonna be, is on the government. If you shut down say Keswick, but leave Aurora open, guess where all the Keswickians are going? It's not rocket science, and humans are gonna be humans. The government needs a plan to keep people in place. People aren't gonna police themselves, nor should they be expected to. Same with all these arbitrary shutdowns that funnel people into big box stores. Is that people's fault too?
It's been a year and even suggesting the government makes a plan at this stage to "keep people in place". Good luck...

It's been a year and even suggesting the government makes a plan at this stage to "keep people in place". Good luck...

Of course. The only plan they have is "Numbers low? Open up...kind of." and "Numbers rising? Shut down...kind of."

I love how they always pretend that it's this big complex decision, that took days of 24/7 meetings to figure out. A 4th grader could come up with these plans.

It’s time to change the vaccination rollout in Ontario and vaccinate essential workers. Anyone working in warehouses, manufacturing etc should get the shots now along with healthcare who haven’t yet got it.

They are part of this current phase. (phase 2)

Ontario Vaccine Rollout

My parents and in laws have theirs, my wife and I just got ours, as well as our older kid. You can get them at pharmacies as well if you are 55+.

General public (low risk group) is expected to have access to them in July.

Last edited:

The right in a nutshell; small government and leave me alone as i am self-sufficient. Let me have my money and i'll fend for myself.

The left in a nutshell; i don't know what to do or how to live, so i will ride the nuts of the rule-makers who make the most rules cause i love telling people how to live. I know where everyone's $ is best spent.

Look at how lefties chirp Ford for removing stupid restrictions around booze. Those restrictions cost you nothing, but it might let people of this province have more convenience. "I hate that! Give more money and attention to special interest groups and anyone who says any different needs to be charged!". Free speach is gone if you are gutless anyway.

Start fending for yourself and being less reliant on the government. Theyba4e scrambling to try and appease the mass and having arrows shot into their back by whoevet is on the wrong side of the coin.

@DoctorNick

How about the stress of my family members and co-workers (good working family men) losing their jobs during the pandemic due to layoffs? Most of them havent found employment since. And now that we have down-sized, and I made the cut, I do 3x the amount of responsibilities for the same pay. This has happened to businesses all across the world.

You were stressed out about a co-worker getting it and getting temporarily sent home for a couple weeks? It was the same for any working person. Gtfoh.

Record deaths yet, not single person in my friend/family/co-worker network across 3 different states from California to the midwest to Florida where lots of family reside has been affected in the least bit. My 73yr old dad tested “positive” and was sent home with multi-vitamins and antibiotics LoL and stay home for 10-days.

Human lives that don't qualify:

- Drug addicts
- Homeless
- Depressed/suicidal
- Children
- Abused women

What does quoting the GOP party platform have to do with this discussion??

The idea of the government "keeping people in place" freightens me though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back