Golovkin would've had an even better career at 154

You think Canelo won their first fight? Your first name isn't Adelaide by any chance is it?
i don’t think he won, i know it was a draw. if you google it, you will also see: it was a draw. did my personal scoring match the judges’? no, i had it for golovkin, but that literally doesn’t matter.

Nothing wrong. Combat sport is young man's game and A side Diva had waited enough before first fight vs GGG, not alone before 2 nd fight.
Will see how Canelo will box when he will be 36 y.o.

Canelo for sure never was better at age 31 than GGG when he was 34, he just is from proper country, was with proper promoter and competed in proper country as tickets seller.

A side DIVA.
Nothings proper in Mexico. Whatever you think is hard in your country is laughable in Mexico. Canelo was fighting grown men at 14 while your favorite fighters were doing Math problems with their Dads, punching tennis balls off their hats.

Nothings proper in Mexico. Whatever you think is hard in your country is laughable in Mexico.
You think that you do know about me damn a lot for sure. :D
There are countries where to be a pro when you are 12-15 years old is casual thing.
Why do you think that to do math problems is bad thing? It is not enough cool for da tech street?
Maybe you have 0 interest how pro game does work in areas where to have pros <18 is not common thing.
In such places you will be asked to prove some credentials before some manager, promoter will consider to be worth to lurk in your profiles. For club fights too, unless you will be B side lad there. Ofc also to sell tickets. Maybe if you have sponsor. And sponsor will not live in forum posts dreams. Some credentials there are stuff must have unless they aren't your parents etc.

Also, please do not misrepresent prize fighting vs da tech street stuff.
Guys usually might tell how cool is very rough hood area and how cool is da tech street in such areas. To live in these, to work in such areas and to go to the school. :p
Guys not rarely are happy when they are not there anymore and this is not even close life to pro boxing fights.
The same Mexico city does have different areas, like LA, New York.

i don’t think he won, i know it was a draw. if you google it, you will also see: it was a draw. did my personal scoring match the judges’? no, i had it for golovkin, but that literally doesn’t matter.
Honestly now that I'm thinking about it, if we aren't counting the Canelo draw as a win, I'd say his top 5 wins are
1. Jacobs (pretty clear IMO)
2. Derevyanchenko
3. Lemieux
4. Geale
5. Proksa/Murray

not a super strong resume. Really a shame so many of the guys early in his career avoided him, but you can't make up wins in your mind.

Last edited:
Honestly now that I'm thinking about it, if we aren't counting the Canelo draw as a win, I'd say his top 5 wins are
2. Derevyanchenko
3. Lemieux
4. Geale
5. Proksa or Brook

not a super strong resume. Really a shame so many of the guys early in his career avoided him, but you can't make up wins in your mind.
he clearly beat all of those guys, but yeah, that’s a really weak resumé when you compare it to the middleweights of the 40’s, 50’s, 80’s, and 90’s

edit: ah you mean jacobs is clearly his best win, my bad. i agree though. def his best win, and it is a very good win. jacobs is a very good fighter, just not great and idk if you can be a great fighter if you’ve never beaten a great fighter.

Last edited:
he clearly beat all of those guys, but yeah, that’s a really weak resumé when you compare it to the middleweights of the 40’s, 50’s, 80’s, and 90’s

edit: ah you mean jacobs is clearly his best win, my bad. i agree though. def his best win, and it is a very good win. jacobs is a very good fighter, just not great and idk if you can be a great fighter if you’ve never beaten a great fighter.
yeah my knowledge dips with the less famous guys pre-60s, and there's always hte question of if those guys beat fighters whose reputations are boosted by grainy footage nostalgia, but ultimately if a top 5 resume has a guy like Lemieux or Geale or Proksa in it, it's not super strong, and at that point the argument of greatness shifts to dominance/length of reign, which is it's own can or worms given how much title have proliferated in the past few years, other guys ducking/avoiding and the fact that GGG never held the lineal title (which some might argue is nerd shit anyhow). That's why I compared GGG to guys like Zarate, Galaxy, Yuh, Hill and Gushiken. They're all HOF fighters (some even ATGs) that had dominant runs, but when you go into the nitty gritty of their resumes, they just aren't necessarily stacked with big names, and so they get by more on having beaten a lot of fighters, rather than beaten the Canelos of their day.

and yeah,I think Jacobs is definitely his best win. Definitely a close one that could have gone either way, but if we aren't giving GGG the first Canelo fight, I don't think it's fair to then deduct him for a close fight with Jacobs.

2. Derevyanchenko
3. Lemieux
4. Geale
5. Proksa or Brook

I might have Murray in there. Having his top 2 wins be drawish fights doesn't help a ton, either (of course, having 2 drawish fights with Canelo - one where the majority saw him winning - also needs to be factored in).

I might have Murray in there. Having his top 2 wins be drawish fights doesn't help a ton, either (of course, having 2 drawish fights with Canelo - one where the majority saw him winning - also needs to be factored in).
yeah agreed. I was considering having Murray in there, since he had a close fight with Martinez before getting blown out by GGG, but I decided on Proksa (I'd drop Brook, gun to my head), just because he was a somewhat well regarded prospect at the time.

yeah agreed. I was considering having Murray in there, since he had a close fight with Martinez before getting blown out by GGG, but I decided on Proksa (I'd drop Brook, gun to my head), just because he was a somewhat well regarded prospect at the time.

He had a better reputation than people remember (Proksa, that is). Golovkin walking through him was a big deal at the time.

He had a better reputation than people remember (Proksa, that is). Golovkin walking through him was a big deal at the time.
yeah IIRC Boxingscene had him on their "five for the future" list for a while. He was a hot prospect that petered out pretty quickly.

Back