Elections GOP candidate trying to raise voting age to 25

He's not wrong. I would also advocate a basic understanding of how our government works, an ability to identify the three branches of government.

one aspect that shocked me most when I came to the States, was how so many Americans didn't know shit about their country, government etc.

this notion of "voting is a fundamental right" is ridiculous imo.

He's not wrong. I would also advocate a basic understanding of how our government works, an ability to identify the three branches of government.

one aspect that shocked me most when I came to the States, was how so many Americans didn't know shit about their country, government etc.

this notion of "voting is a fundamental right" is ridiculous imo.
I'm willing to bet that would eliminate a large chunk of this dude's base which is not his goal.

So and the dems ran on a platform of "abolishing the electoral college and expansion of the Supreme court"

I know for a fact that from 18-24 I voted Democrat only, and I didn't know shit about anything...can't blame them

you're absolutely right. this should be applied across the board.
an IQ test for voting privileges??? shit dems wouldn't win an election for town trash collector then haha

Absolutely I support this legislation

Last edited:
an IQ test for votingprivileges???, shit dems wouldn't win an election for town trash collector then haha

Absolutely I support this legislation
giphy.webp

I support it too, 1000%. Lmao.

as opposed to the 45 anti-Trump circle jerk threads posted daily?

Cool bro
You got links to the 315 of those threads that were created this past week?

Dude stole my idea... should be cut off at 65 too. 18-25 year olds are morons and over 65 and up got one foot in the grave and the other on a bananna peel... can't be trusted.

Should be the same age to buy any firearm.

21 to buy a hand gun the the same for voting.

26th "The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age."

If he wants me to get behind a change of this magnitude:

1. Ensure men and women need to register with selective service.

2. Increase the age as to when someone can be drafted.

If he can't guarantee those two points, then there is no need to change the current age for voting. It's literally an amendment in the constitution. It was put in the constitution due to 18 year olds being drafted to die in Vietnam even though they were too young to vote for those sending them off to die in Vietnam

It’s interesting that we have 18 as the uniform age for adulthood. I think it’s the correct age though it’s not perfect.

The idea of passing tests prior to voting is a slippery slope. However, I feel like I wish there was some kind of stratifying means other than age as a prerequisite to vote.

this is what happens when your party has no platform or policy and is run by trash. if you dont think you can win an election by votes, you may as well try to suppress the vote.

republicans are a dying breed. gen z is going to destroy them. if it was only gen z voting, every single state in the 2022 midterms and 2020 election would have been blue. thats why the republicans are terrified. they are doing nothing at all to capture their votes, but everything to get them to turn out and vote against them.

Weird thread since the TS thinks no one under 25 should be able to buy a gun.

<NoneOfMy>

From one point I agree that age limit for CCW permit shoud be 21.
For a reason.
While woting age 18.

Also a lot of ppl are owerrating CCW as security warrant.
It does have not high value vs skilled preparators working in group.

Back