Greatest original song from a game

This is awesome for a Gameboy game

Maybe the GOAT JRPG, best track from it IMHO. So good it stays as the battle music in the area.

There was this cool indie game I picked up called Jotun. Was really enjoying it until I got to the boss Kaunen, then this music kicked in I was like holy shit I was not expecting this epic music..

Final Fantasy XII, very polarizing game. A lot of FF fans have it out of their top 3. I think it deserves a top 3 spot because it has the best boss battle music in the series. Don't @ me cause your opinion is wrong. FF6 and FF7 are awesome but don't top 12's. Zodiac Age remaster is so much better.

@Ashen One posted Nobuo earlier. I want to post a song by his that is not well known cause Lost Odyssey didn't do gangbusters like an FF title would. I think this is some of his best work. Amazing piano's and strings.

Lastly, this is my fave "evil" or "doom" music from a game. Just very menacing and ominous. This music plays when the team in the game fights the "Lucavi" who are essentially superbosses. If any posters on here ever played the OG FFT you'll know who I am talking about and why this music is so fear inducing. Belias, eat a dick..

Last edited:
no idea about "greatest," but offhand:

tristram from d2

akira yamaoka composed a bunch of good ones for silent hill 1-3.

kamil did some amazing work on path of exile (not that i know any of the song names). incredibly under-rated composer. and after ggg hired him and paid for him to relocate to new zealand and compose... they put 28 days later soundtrack/theme in their game trailers, instead... like fucking retards. anyway, he's amazing. imo, best music composer in the gaming industry.

no time to find/link individual songs, but here are his links

https://soundcloud.com/kamilormanjanowski

https://www.youtube.com/user/KamilOrmanJanowski

edit: well, here are a couple

(used by ggg to advertise a freakin mtx)

Last edited:

The whole soundtrack for this game is phenomenal. These tracks in particular gives me chills.. as it perfectly encapsulates what Bayek is going through- motivated and on a quest for vengeance and justice, but at the same time carrying the sad realization that he will never get his son back.

My wife had just moved out not long before I got into this game some time last year, and.. let's just say I could relate somewhat..

Last edited:
GOAT fighting game and GOAT fighting game song

Honorable mention for my wife's favorite song

DDR had some BANGERS!

All of the Health tracks on the Max Payne 3 OST are excellent. My favourite by far.

The vast majority of game music can't stand alone as this album does.

I also like the stuff Finck did for NOCT

...and Zamilska's work on Ruiner (though this is not original game music)

https://soundcloud.com/zamilska/quarrel

I loved this song when I was a kid. But then my first job (a pizza buffet place) had one and hearing it nonstop during an 8-10 shift was maddening.

115 from the original black ops. zombies mode was the best

Street Fighter EX plus Alpha Sakura ending movie instrumental song

I loved Phantasy Star Universe, consumed for a good year. The DLC had a great tune, the score was incredible too

Back