News GSP reminds Usman to stay focused: "There’s a lot of guys that can beat Usman"

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score

“I believe there’s a lot of guys that can beat Usman,” St-Pierre told MMA News. “I do believe personally Usman is the best right now in the division but that doesn’t mean he is invincible. He needs to always stay on top of the game. It’s hard to be champion and it’s even harder to stay champion. I’m sure if you ask Usman, he’ll tell you the same thing.

“He’s on a tear right now, he looks phenomenal but there’s a lot of guys that can give him a lot of trouble like Khamzat Chimaev. Leon Edwards, maybe. Usman so far has been a puzzle that no one is able to solve. He’s incredible but he needs to stay focused to make sure he never underestimates nobody and trains for every fight like it’s the hardest fight he’s ever had.”

“GSP” managed to do what most in MMA haven’t been able to do, which is going out on top. Ruling the 170-pound weight class for essentially his entire career up until his swan song, St-Pierre overcame early setbacks against Matt Hughes and Matt Serra before rounding out his game, avenging his losses, and never tasting defeat ever again. As a result, the Canadian closed out his illustrious career with a second divisional title when submitting Michael Bisping after a four-year layoff in their 2017 showdown.

“Nobody’s invincible, everybody can be beat,” St-Pierre said of Usman. “It’s not the best fighter that wins the fight very often. It’s the question about the fighter that fights the best the night of the fight and there’s a lot of things that can influence the result of a fight.”

Maybe, but not the one who fought Burns, I don't see that guy beating Usman, unless Usman got old. Khazmat needs to keep improving and hoping that Usman will get old

I love GSP, but someone needs to really sit him down and tell him that his hair looks like shit. One of the few guys who looks better bald than with hair.

It's the length, and that weird ass style. He could trim it down and looks decent.

Also Khamzat is not beating Usman, Colby or Burns in a rematch.

Next guy that fights him will have 0 fear of the mysteriously amazingly one of a kind Khamzat.

Tbh, he’s a GOAT candidate, but I’ve noticed he’s about .500 on his predictions (as are most fighters). So I listen or read, but I only treat it as entertainment, and certainly not betting advice.

want to see the fight, doubt it tho.

That conversation starts at around 4:20ish TS. That first four minuets is garble.

Maybe, but not the one who fought Burns, I don't see that guy beating Usman, unless Usman got old. Khazmat needs to keep improving and hoping that Usman will get old
Usman got rocked by both burns and Colby, I think Khamzat can possibly flatline him, it's a fight after all.

Yeah.

After that fight Usman should be calling out Khamzat asafp to try to take him out before he fixes the issues brought to light in the Burns fight.

Conversely Khamzat should let Usman get older while he tightens up his cardio and defense. IF he takes the lessons of that fight seriously he could be a goddamn monster.

Back