GSP vs Luke Rockhold

with that left hand he nailed bisping with, he'd plant rockhold on his ass too

GSP better pray to God that he gets Luke on his back from the TD attempt or else he will be in big trouble.

Lol, can you imagine?

"Someone wake Luke up and tell him he 'earned' one of the biggest fights in the sport".

luke has no boxing defense and you want him to fight a guy who dropped left hook larry with a left hook in his last fight?

L O L

GSP would murder luke easily.

Rockhold did knock Bisping out on the feet in the first fight (technically won by sub) so they are 1-1 in striking really.

GSP has the edge in boxing but he hadn't knocked anyone on the feet out since Jay Hieron until the Bisping KO (and Bisping himself had been knocked down by strong gusts of wind in his preceding bouts).

It wouldn't be a shock if GSP knocked Rockhold out with punches but his power against Rockhold's chin doesn't make it a given imo.

In a grappling heavy bout I agree with TS that Rockhold is too big.

It's crazy that if you brought up this thread back in 2015 everyone would laugh at the thought that GSP could beat Luke, but now it's almost like he would be the favorite.

Can you imagine, this guy beating GSP effortlessly. I would love to see it, just for the butt-hurtness it would produce in GSP's fans.
I agree. GSP gets dominated by Rockhold. People also forget that Bispong was piecing up GSP up until that fluky punch.

Guy who makes a lot of mistakes vs one of the best fight computers in the game.
Gsp would absolutely find a way. Jab ko.

rockhold against anyone with a week's worth of striking training at this point is probably toast. may have the worst striking defense in the entire UFC. no idea how weidman couldn't find that chin.

Rockhold is done, roasted, finished. Been knocked out out more times than his buddy Weirdman. Will probably retire soon. But what if he fights GSP at MW, where Luke has been fighting his whole life? This will not be a fight GSP fans will want to see, cause GSP will lose to one of the most damaged MWs of today. Where will this loss rank GSP?
As for the fight itself, there is no scenario where GSP wins this fight, he doesn't have the KO power to dispose of Luke and Luke would make him look like an amateur on the ground. Standing Luke lands whatever he wants. And the funny thing is I don't favor Luke to many fighters today, but GSP would be an easy match for him.
Not sure I agree tbh. Pre cracked chin Rockhold I’d back nigh on every time, this version though not so sure. His boxing defence is so bad GSP could likely land enough to hurt him.

GSP is too smart of a fighter to get beat by someone as dumb as Luke.

George's might not hit hard enough to knock out Luke. Weird to say.

Probably the best person Luke has all the right tools to deal with wherever.

George's might not hit hard enough to knock out Luke. Weird to say.

Probably the best person Luke has all the right tools to deal with wherever.

Ironic isn't it? Luke at its worst > Any version of GSP.

Back