Gun Organization Membership (NRA, USCCA, etc.)

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Do you have a membership with an organization like the NRA or the USCCA? Are there any other comparable organizations? What are the pros and cons of each?

I am particularly interested in the legal protections offered by USCCA membership, but I cannot find data on the NRA's similar plans. What all do you really get from NRA membership? Do legal protections cost extra? And if so, how much and what are the benefits?

I'm a member of the Firearm Policy Coalition and American Suppressor Association.

I wouldn't take an NRA membership if it was free.

I don't find the USCCA membership useful. You are paying hundreds a year on the very unlikely chance of a self defense shooting. You are essentially just paying a retainer for a lawyer, some info and magazines. Unless your state is extremely anti self defense and you end up in a questionable shooting you shouldn't need hundreds of thousands worth of legal protection. But whatever that's just my thoughts, if you find the benefits to be worth it, go for it.

Do you have a membership with an organization like the NRA or the USCCA? Are there any other comparable organizations? What are the pros and cons of each?

I am particularly interested in the legal protections offered by USCCA membership, but I cannot find data on the NRA's similar plans. What all do you really get from NRA membership? Do legal protections cost extra? And if so, how much and what are the benefits?

https://benefits.nra.org/

They lavishly spend your money, barely fight for your rights and you get a free gift, magazines and discounts to all their partners and affiliates.

I'm a member of the Firearm Policy Coalition and American Suppressor Association.

I wouldn't take an NRA membership if it was free.

I don't find the USCCA membership useful. You are paying hundreds a year on the very unlikely chance of a self defense shooting. You are essentially just paying a retainer for a lawyer, some info and magazines. Unless your state is extremely anti self defense and you end up in a questionable shooting you shouldn't need hundreds of thousands worth of legal protection. But whatever that's just my thoughts, if you find the benefits to be worth it, go for it.
What are the costs and benefits of the Firearm Policy Coalition and American Suppressor Association?

What are the costs and benefits of the Firearm Policy Coalition and American Suppressor Association?

What type of benefits are you looking for? I am a member to those organizations because they stand up and fight for 2A rights. They lobby and most importantly are in the courts fighting for our rights on the state and federal level. FPC has legal resources but it would have to be a pretty significant case for them the represent you.

FPC is a coalition of a few different organizations including the 2nd amendment foundation. The group responsible for Heller and McDonald.

ASA focuses more on suppressor rights and lobbying for pro suppressor legislation.

What type of benefits are you looking for? I am a member to those organizations because they stand up and fight for 2A rights. They lobby and most importantly are in the courts fighting for our rights on the state and federal level. FPC has legal resources but it would have to be a pretty significant case for them the represent you.

FPC is a coalition of a few different organizations including the 2nd amendment foundation. The group responsible for Heller and McDonald.

ASA focuses more on suppressor rights and lobbying for pro suppressor legislation.
I do have an interest in buying into legal support because I live in an area where my risks are becoming greater in that regard. But, you make a good point that the USCCA fees are a little on the high end.

I do have an interest in buying into legal support because I live in an area where my risks are becoming greater in that regard. But, you make a good point that the USCCA fees are a little on the high end.

USCCA is basically like an insurance company. If that is the thing you are looking for you can go with them or see what's available in your state. Look up your local gun rights organizations and see what they have. Being a member might offer legal protection from them, etc.

Fuck the NRA.

We ride at dawn for LaPierre's mansion bitches

The NRA sucks. Join GOA instead.

I love NJ2AS but that’s obviously a NJ thing.

What are the benefits of membership? I didn't really see much clarification on their website.
They were the driving force in standing up for our 2nd amendment rights in va...especially recently with all the legislation the government was trying to pass.
They put up the attorneys that go to court for our rights.
They were at every committee meeting dealing with 2nd amendment rights.
They are the ones in charge of lobby day in Richmond...was all over the news.
And they do so much more...like organize rallys, protests, get us all of the information to get in contact with all representatives, etc.
As far as benefits...im Not looking for anything but a true group of people that will stand up for our rights and not waver (unlike the nra).

If anyone has any insight into legal machinations, I'd be interested in targeting 'may issue' blue states. In the ultra-blue city that I'm living in now (moving soon!), if I wanted to own a gun I have to file an application with the chief of police in my city basically asking for permission, include multiple character references, and then if that gets approved show up to a deliberately difficult-to-find location and do a firearms test with a shitty revolver, in front of a cop.

Can't people that've been denied 'may issue' licenses sue via the NRA or another gun rights org? Obviously not an attorney but the whole process seems rather arbitrary to me

If anyone has any insight into legal machinations, I'd be interested in targeting 'may issue' blue states. In the ultra-blue city that I'm living in now (moving soon!), if I wanted to own a gun I have to file an application with the chief of police in my city basically asking for permission, include multiple character references, and then if that gets approved show up to a deliberately difficult-to-find location and do a firearms test with a shitty revolver, in front of a cop.

Can't people that've been denied 'may issue' licenses sue via the NRA or another gun rights org? Obviously not an attorney but the whole process seems rather arbitrary to me

If they are willing to take your case lawyers representing them may represent you. It's a long process.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are already cases on the books for that. I know Alan ( @Lord Coke ) spent like 6 years iirc on his win in HI.

If you have any specific legal questions hopefully he can answer them for you.

If they are willing to take your case lawyers representing them may represent you. It's a long process.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are already cases on the books for that. I know Alan ( @Lord Coke ) spent like 6 years iirc on his win in HI.

If you have any specific legal questions hopefully he can answer them for you.

I think he won the last round, but there's more to go.

Came across this article where some dude claims the ball is being dropped.

https://newsblaze.com/usnews/politi...aw-young-v-hawaii-lawyer-says-it-isnt_138979/

Interesting. I agree with the article tbh. I don't think any form of carrying should be illegal and I think the 2nd amendment guarantees this.

I think Alan agrees. But disagrees with the author on what legal strategy to pursue. I admit to skimming a bit. :oops:

They were the driving force in standing up for our 2nd amendment rights in va...especially recently with all the legislation the government was trying to pass.
They put up the attorneys that go to court for our rights.
They were at every committee meeting dealing with 2nd amendment rights.
They are the ones in charge of lobby day in Richmond...was all over the news.
And they do so much more...like organize rallys, protests, get us all of the information to get in contact with all representatives, etc.
As far as benefits...im Not looking for anything but a true group of people that will stand up for our rights and not waver (unlike the nra).
Is the $25 an annual membership fee?

Back