had a seizure a few days ago

Glad to see you're doing alright. Nothing good ever comes out of excessive alcohol consumption.

Sad to hear, get better Sherbro hope you find a new career path that you like or even the same type of job you enjoyed with more $$$.

Keep your head up.

*Goes to the sweat lodge

Fucking bummer, my fellow metalhead...

Living in SF area and losing your job must be rough. Combined with alcohol, and oh boy. I wish you well, and hope you come out the other side relatively unscathed. Lay off the sauce, man, and good luck.

You should contact @IloveTHIS about going to AAA meetings.

i may consider it. the thing though, is that i hardly ever drink a lot. after feeling the most stress and fear in my life, i had no idea how to feel better than to drink. have not had one sip of alcohol since, and i have no desire to. but maybe listening to stories from aa couldn't hurt, knowing that i'm not alone.

Don't forget to provide us with a positive update when you get it.

well since i got back home, i've been keeping it very relaxed, and have been putting my resume out to setup potential interviews. lots of the positions aren't ideal, but beggers can't be choosers, as they say. thanks for wanting to know the latest.

Fucking bummer, my fellow metalhead...

Living in SF area and losing your job must be rough. Combined with alcohol, and oh boy. I wish you well, and hope you come out the other side relatively unscathed. Lay off the sauce, man, and good luck.

thanks dude.

Hope youre doing better Sherbro. Life can be a motherfucker sometimes.

Alcohol abuse can lead to seizures.

I was never an alcoholic but life is just so much better without that shit in your life.

the moral of my story, is to say that first, don't abuse alcohol to relieve pain, and two, get enough sleep and don't stress out so much, and three, losing a job even if it's one you really liked, isn't worth getting into panic mode and hurting yourself.

Sometimes I go prolonged periods without sleep, up to 36+ hours, without caffeine and its usually pretty difficult to fall asleep.

ZzzQuil or common over-the-counter sleeping pills always do the trick, and I usually sleep 15 hours straight and its always a way to recharge and I'm much more clear-minded.

Just a bit of advice. Get as much sleep as you can during stressful times in your life. You're better equip to find solutions to problems.

Sometimes I go prolonged periods without sleep, up to 36+ hours, without caffeine and its usually pretty difficult to fall asleep.

ZzzQuil or common over-the-counter sleeping pills always do the trick, and I usually sleep 15 hours straight and its always a way to recharge and I'm much more clear-minded.

Just a bit of advice. Get as much sleep as you can during stressful times in your life. You're better equip to find solutions to problems.

absolutely

Hang in there and hopefully things getting better and brighten up for you! Best always Sherbro @IIIIIIII 👊

the moral of my story, is to say that first, don't abuse alcohol to relieve pain, and two, get enough sleep and don't stress out so much, and three, losing a job even if it's one you really liked, isn't worth getting into panic mode and hurting yourself.
Sorry you went through this Sherbro, and thanks for sharing your insights on life that can help others. Consider yourself Extremely Fortunate - a seizure can lead to a stroke, a TBI that could have been irreversible.

Sleep can't be overlooked - stress multiplies without proper rest. FWIW, 25 mg of Benadryl helps many get to sleep with minimal side effects.

Job loss is a never easy, a hard part of life most of us know. Best of luck finding a better one.
Alcohol abuse can lead to seizures.
True, and impaired judgement is also a reality.

I wish you the best, brother... I've had my struggles with alcohol and I hope you can get past it.

Feel better and stay safe.

Back