Social Had Colonoscopy, Waited 2 Weeks for Results

I haven't read through all the posts but are you African American? They have the highest rate of colon cancer correct?

No, I am Hispanic, though my family as been in Texas forever. We joke that we didn't cross the border, it cross us. Tejanos one day, Texans the next. I am not familiar with the stat though. My father had it, though he also had 2 different liver cancers. I took a gene test & have markers for pancreatic & skin cancer but not colon. The test probably doesn't include the right markers.

Glad you are doing ok. Never feel guilty about this ruthless disease. Hoping you stay in remission for the rest of your life.

Thank you! It's much appreciated.

No, I am Hispanic, though my family as been in Texas forever. We joke that we didn't cross the border, it cross us. Tejanos one day, Texans the next. I am not familiar with the stat though. My father had it, though he also had 2 different liver cancers. I took a gene test & have markers for pancreatic & skin cancer but not colon. The test probably doesn't include the right markers.

Thank you! It's much appreciated.
Glad you are free of cancer. Keep us updated.

I just received the call from my oncology nurse & my results are in. There is No Evidence of the Disease (NED)! I'm going to crack open a bottle of Malbec (Argentina) to celebrate! This is a very emotional time for me, but I'm happy to be alive. Get tested, Sherbros!
<GinJuice>

I just received the call from my oncology nurse & my results are in. There is No Evidence of the Disease (NED)! I'm going to crack open a bottle of Malbec (Argentina) to celebrate! This is a very emotional time for me, but I'm happy to be alive. Get tested, Sherbros!
<GinJuice>
nice! I turn 40 this November and might go ahead with a colonoscopy even if insurance doesn't cover it yet. seems like more young people are getting colon cancer, probably from all the hot pockets and pop tarts we ate growing up. I've got two young kids and just being over cautious

nice! I turn 40 this November and might go ahead with a colonoscopy even if insurance doesn't cover it yet. seems like more young people are getting colon cancer, probably from all the hot pockets and pop tarts we ate growing up. I've got two young kids and just being over cautious

Thanks! I definitely recommend it, even if you don't have symptoms. I was diagnosed at 44 but I'll be 47 soon. My wife & kid were a big reason I went. I really don't think I'd be here if I didn't. Also, standards were lowered from 50 to 45 & lower if there's family history.

Glad to hear your well @xHeadx
My aunty is currently going through her 8th round of treatments.

She had breast cancer 20 odd years ago. Double mastectomy.

She had lost both her daughters to cancer.

She's now going through a fresh battle with it. She's the most courageous and resilient woman

Glad to hear your well @xHeadx
My aunty is currently going through her 8th round of treatments.

She had breast cancer 20 odd years ago. Double mastectomy.

She had lost both her daughters to cancer.

She's now going through a fresh battle with it. She's the most courageous and resilient woman

Thank you, much appreciated.

Damn that's sad! I did 13 rounds of treatment but the good attitude of the elderly at the clinic was amazing. Your aunt continues to go through a lot. I couldn't imagine losing one, much less two kids. She's a strong woman to keep going. I truly hope she wins her latest battle.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Damn that's sad! I did 13 rounds of treatment but the good attitude of the elderly at the clinic was amazing. Your aunt continues to go through a lot. I couldn't imagine losing one, much less two kids. She's a strong woman to keep going. I truly hope she wins her latest battle.
Thanks bro she's amazing.

She calls me her hug dealer. She's very special to me

Congrats on being cancer free.

Now we can tease you regarding your bum test. Please enjoy your wine anally.

Don't know how I never saw this post before, but glad to see you are still with us Sherbro.

Fuck cancer dude. Took two of my grandparents way too young and almost my mom.

I had my latest labs for my oncologist there is still No Evidence of Disease (NED)!

I was a little worried because I am experiencing some balance & speech issues but I think it might be my heartburn medicine. I stopped taking it a week ago & my speech is returning to normal everyday.

My CT & MRI are next week but my blood work is the first line of defense. I know I say it all the time but get out & get tested. Early detection is key & could save your life, like me. It's especially important if you have a family history.

Thank you to all the Sherbros who have been on this journey with me. It helped me more than you know.

Screenshot_20240218_163658_Chrome.jpg

I had a colonoscopy 2 weeks ago as a precaution. My dad died of colon & liver cancer 4 years ago (RIP). Turns out I had a "small mass" in my intestine (yes, a mass in my ass). The doc took a sample to test for cancer as she didn't like the "look".

After 2 of the longest fucking weeks of my life, including the weekends, they called me with results today. It turns out that I don't have cancer but precancerous cells. I still have to have surgery to remove about 3" of intestine but there's NO CANCER.

I never thought I'd be fucking happy to have surgery. It'll be robotic so the recovery should go well. Some of my close family knows but I haven't even told my friends. I had to tell someone as it was a stressful couple of weeks. Get yourself checked out Sherbros if you're at risk.

I'm partying my ass off tonight. #FuckCancer

<JonesDXSuckIt>

TLDR: Had colonoscopy, no cancer, surgery for precancerous cells.

EDIT: Motherfucker, it's cancer

I had a CT of my abdomen yesterday & met with the surgeon today. The good news is the mass is isolated to the colon & there is no spread.

Surgery is scheduled for a few weeks out to remove a fucked up portion. Going to be a robotic assisted surgery by orthoscope. 2-3 days in hospital & then home after. Hoping for the best!

Today is 4 years since my dad's passing. It's a bitter sweet time at the moment. I miss you pops. RIP.

Also, another part of the story I haven't told is that I lost a sister 4 days before my dad passed. It was one of the worst periods of my life. My dad was already in hospice when it happened. I miss my sister too. RIP.

Hug your love ones.

Tomorrow is the big day, surgery. Prepping today. Took time off Internets. I'm focused on getting better & ready as I can be.

Well, turns out, I have fucking cancer. Stage 3. Doing 2nd treatment through a port implant as I type...Will add details to new post.

Started 5th round of treatment. Life is good. Experiencing some mild side effects. My support team is awesome

Started my 9th round of treatment out of 12. I'm 3/4s done! Feeling good & strong despite the mild side effects. Support is great!

Doing 11th treatment today. Feeling good. Almost done. Took a genetics test. Cancer not genetic.

Last round of chemo!

Had my post check-up with my oncologist. The cancer cannot be detected & NED!

I received a call from Nurse & still NED!
Why did you choose to get checked initially?

@xHeadx
What a thread.
I ran cold reading it because you started it in 2021 and had all of those edits.
Was nice to read your latest post.

My father died of some kind of cancer, in 2009. He was shy of 70.

My mother in law died of cancer in January.
And two other of her direct relatives within 18months prior.

Today, I'm on a 3rd day of some obscure increasing pain that should not be normal and I'm going to get it checked out.
It's amazing how procrastination can infect even the fundamental needs in life, such as getting checked out.

Thanks for your thread Sherbro.

Back