International Haiti has collapsed into Cannibalism. Nayib Bukele says he can fix it

Might as well place a blockade around the island and just starve the island out.

No need to place boots on the ground.

Haiti is indeed a shithole. There is no evidence to the contrary. For folks there to have a decent life it would take foreign intervention to stop the violence, and foreign governance going forward. Haitians clearly do not have the skills to run a country.

Haiti got screwed for a long time by western countries like US, France. Had to pay reparations to France for their independence, took out high interest loan from US to pay France.
The US supported dictators the Duvaliers with their Tonton Macoute voodoo gang. Haiti's rice tariff was removed to follow capitalist free trade policy and the majority of its population who were farmers suffered. The US continued its foreign intervention meddling by supporting opposition to the popular president Aristide during the 1990s, by funding/protecting them through the CIA. In 2004, US soldiers sent to Haiti tacitly supported Aristide's 2nd coup by forcing him to sign a resignation letter and then flying him to Central African Republic while Haiti was under attack from armed gangs (one of them named The Cannibals, probably voodoo inspired) which came from the Dominican Republic.
Haiti is still a model of a very free market system, the Clinton Foundation tried to lure more investments and got some sweatshop factories to open shop.

MY buddy going to DR in a couple weeks, He's freaking out
DR should be ok imo. Especially if he is staying in in Punta Cana. I drove all over that country but couldn't get into Punta Cana. I thought it was a city but it's purely a gated resort community. Wouldn't worry bud.

Back