International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how you don't give a fuck about the humanitarian crisis and people being bombed RIGHT NOW. Because allegedly Hamas has to be destroyed.

But when Hamas was ACTUALLY being bankrupted and Netanyahu let Qatari cash bail them out, it's all of a sudden "Oh the humanitarian crisis! The suffering!"

STFU hypocrite. You don't give a fuck about the humanitarian crisis.

And the money went straight to Hamas and not the people anyway, You're a retard if you actually believe that money went to help the people and not Hamas.

Yea all those 14 year olds are going to vote in Hamas. Definitely.

You can't have a "vast majority" of Palestinians supporting anything when half the population are literally kids.

I mean they've been going to Hamas summer camp ever year for the last 15 years, who do you think the children of Gaza would support?

Not to mention, there's still hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of adults who do support for Hamas and would vote for them.

This is pretty silly, you know it's true.

This is a cute fantasy you have developed where the political decisions are deferred to children and no political action is legitimate without the consent of children.. lmao.

You can't have a "vast majority" of Palestinians supporting anything when half the population are literally kids.
So, just so we're clear, you're under the impression that Hamas is not supported by Palestinians, correct? What exactly are you basing that on, considering every single poll states the exact opposite.

This is just an uncomfortable truth that you don't want to address, because you so desperately want to disassociate Hamas from the population, because it's inconvenient to your narrative of the Palestinians being as pure as the driven snow who would never ever support terrorism.

So, just so we're clear, you're under the impression that Hamas is not supported by Palestinians, correct? What exactly are you basing that on, considering every single poll states the exact opposite.

This is just an uncomfortable truth that you don't want to address, because you so desperately want to disassociate Hamas from the population, because it's inconvenient to your narrative of the Palestinians being as pure as the driven snow who would never ever support terrorism.

The children didn't vote for Hamas so it doesn't count.

I mean they've been going to Hamas summer camp ever year for the last 15 years, who do you think the children of Gaza would support?

Not to mention, there's still hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of adults who do support for Hamas and would vote for them.

This is pretty silly, you know it's true.

This is a cute fantasy you have developed where the political decisions are deferred to children and no political action is legitimate without the consent of children.. lmao.

Yea let's make geopolitical decisions based on who we THINK children will support in the future.

Millions of adults? There's only 2.2 million people in Gaza and half of them are kids. Stop exaggerating.

And the Palestinian Authority is in power in the West Bank. They're not voting in Hamas.

Yea let's make geopolitical decisions based on who we THINK children will support in the future.

Millions of adults? There's only 2.2 million people in Gaza and half of them are kids. Stop exaggerating.

And the Palestinian Authority is in power in the West Bank. They're not voting in Hamas.

I'm not exaggerating lmao, I'm talking about the West Bank and Gaza, with a combined population of nearly 5 million, including millions of adults who would vote for Hamas tomorrow.

They're not voting for Hamas in the West Bank because Fatah is so supremely unpopular at this point in time they would lose and Hamas or another extremist organization would win so they simply don't hold elections.

This is some really dumbshit mental gymnastics and you should abandon it. It's not rooted in reality.

Last edited:
Literally by choice, they had an election, and they enjoy widespread support in both Gaza and the West Bank even today.

The moderates and peaceniks in Palestinian society are the most unpopular. Arafat is considered a traitor for even negotiating with Israelis in the 90s/2000s despite having a long career in international terror prior to it.

Hamas even today would beat the PLO in an election. (Which is why the PLO is also refusing to hold elections in the West Bank)

They had an election 17 years ago and held none since. You can speculate what you think the results of elections in Gaza would be all you want. We wont know because Hamas doesnt allow it.

If we elect Trump dictator this year, and either he does away with elections or they are sham elections between his chosen successor and one of their friends, that's not the choice of my Son's generation who will be of voting age 17 years from now. In fact all 3 of my Sons will be (unless Republicans change the voting age like they're saying they will). They would NOT have made that choice, which is relevant to the average age of Palestinians today.

Your entire premise is based on one wartime opinion poll that was widely disseminated in conservative media.

1. This poll was taken during the Israeli bombing response of Gaza. You can't expect reliable information when emotions are that high.
Nor do I even trust the veracity of the poll. How are you going to accurately poll in a war zone?

2. Before the war started, Hamas was deeply unpopular according to polls.

Asked to identify the amount of trust they had in the Hamas authorities, a plurality of respondents (44 percent) said they had no trust at all; “not a lot of trust” was the second most common response, at 23%. Only 29% of Gazans expressed either “a great deal” or “quite a lot” of trust in their government.

Overall, 73 percent of Gazans favored a peaceful settlement to the occupation question.

ForeignAffairs.com link below shows the poll info -

BTW Foreign Affairs is an American publication of international relations and U.S. foreign policy published by the Council on Foreign Relations, a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization and think tank specializing in U.S. foreign policy and international affairs.

They had an election 17 years ago and held none since. You can speculate what you think the results of elections in Gaza would be all you want. We wont know because Hamas doesnt allow it.

If we elect Trump dictator this year, and either he does away with elections or they are sham elections between his chosen successor and one of their friends, that's not the choice of my Son's generation who will be of voting age 17 years from now. In fact all 3 of my Sons will be (unless Republicans change the voting age like they're saying they will). They would NOT have made that choice, which is relevant to the average age of Palestinians today.

So the Palestinian civil war is starting any day now, right?

Your entire premise is based on one wartime opinion poll that was widely disseminated in conservative media.

1. This poll was taken during the Israeli bombing response of Gaza. You can't expect reliable information when emotions are that high.
Nor do I even trust the veracity of the poll. How are you going to accurately poll in a war zone?

2. Before the war started, Hamas was deeply unpopular according to polls.

Asked to identify the amount of trust they had in the Hamas authorities, a plurality of respondents (44 percent) said they had no trust at all; “not a lot of trust” was the second most common response, at 23%. Only 29% of Gazans expressed either “a great deal” or “quite a lot” of trust in their government.

Overall, 73 percent of Gazans favored a peaceful settlement to the occupation question.

ForeignAffairs.com link below shows the poll info -

BTW Foreign Affairs is an American publication of international relations and U.S. foreign policy published by the Council on Foreign Relations, a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization and think tank specializing in U.S. foreign policy and international affairs.

Have you tried looking into the pre-war polling of Abbas and Fatah? The former terrorists turned "moderates"?

What about the reason for that unpopularity?

Here's some reality for the thread.

Published 9:59 AM EST, September 21, 2021

"
A new poll has found that nearly 80% of Palestinians want President Mahmoud Abbas to resign, reflecting widespread anger over the death of an activist in security forces’ custody and a crackdown on protests over the summer.

The survey released Tuesday found support for Abbas’ Hamas rivals remained high months after the 11-day Gaza war in May, when the Islamic militant group was widely seen by Palestinians as having scored a victory against a far more powerful Israel while the Western-backed Abbas was sidelined.

The latest poll by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research found that 45% of Palestinians believe Hamas should lead and represent them, while only 19% said Abbas’ secular Fatah deserved that role, showing only a slight shift in favor of Fatah over the last three months."

I'm not exaggerating lmao, I'm talking about the West Bank and Gaza, with a combined population of nearly 5 million, including millions of adults who would vote for Hamas tomorrow.

They're not voting for Hamas in the West Bank because Fatah is so supremely unpopular at this point in time they would lose and Hamas or another extremist organization would win so they simply don't hold elections.

This is some really dumbshit mental gymnastics and you should abandon it. It's not rooted in reality.

Aren't you the one doing mental gymnastics? You're trying to include what you THINK the people in the West Bank would vote for in Gaza.

Uhm, the people in the West Bank do not have the ability to vote in Gaza. That's completely irrelevant. .

And both Hamas and the PA were super unpopular literally right before the 10/7 attacks.

Aren't you the one doing mental gymnastics? You're trying to include what you THINK the people in the West Bank would vote for in Gaza.

Uhm, the people in the West Bank do not have the ability to vote in Gaza. That's completely irrelevant. .

And both Hamas and the PA were super unpopular literally right before the 10/7 attacks.

(They were super unpopular for not fighting Israelis enough, and historical polling trends show that the militant group currently doing the most fighting with Israelis poll the most favorable, and the PA has been far less popular then Hamas as they are seen as collaborators. Hamas was losing support because of the lack of major confrontations with Israel)

Also, you're just wrong the vote that was held was for all Palestinian territories. The problem was Hamas won and then they fought a civil war and separated into two governments.

Legislative elections were held in the Palestinian territories on 25 January 2006 in order to elect the second Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC), the legislature of the Palestinian National Authority (PNA). The result was a victory for Hamas, contesting under the list name of Change and Reform, which received 44.45% of the vote and won 74 of the 132 seats, whilst the ruling Fatah received 41.43% of the vote and won 45 seats.

Funny how you don't give a fuck about the humanitarian crisis and people being bombed RIGHT NOW. Because allegedly Hamas has to be destroyed.

But when Hamas was ACTUALLY being bankrupted and Netanyahu let Qatari cash bail them out, it's all of a sudden "Oh the humanitarian crisis! The suffering!"

[/QUOTE]

you're such a horrible broker here. lol at "stfu".

YOU are the one who is claiming to be the humanitarian, to caring so much about the plight of the palestinian people, yet you'd have allegedly have had no issue with gaza being starved from within. you are almost comically unaware of your own positions.

And the money went straight to Hamas and not the people anyway, You're a retard if you actually believe that money went to help the people and not Hamas.
and now you're blatantly lying. money from qatar kept UNRWA in business in gaza and was distributed in coordination with the UN. did hamas steal alot? of course, they are a terrorist organization that doesn't care about their own people.
from 2017
  • GAZA -- The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) said on Monday that Qatar's recent donations have helped the agency continue its services for Palestinian refugees.
  • "With its unprecedented pledge of 50 million US dollars to UNRWA at a recent ministerial conference in Rome, Qatar will become one of UNRWA's top donors and will have a major impact on the Agency's ability to continue its vital services to the vulnerable Palestinian refugee community during this period of dramatic financial crisis," UNRWA said in a statement.
  • Qatar made the largest pledge at a UNRWA extraordinary ministerial conference on March 15, which the statement said will safeguard Palestinian refugee children's access to education in the West Bank, Gaza, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon for the remainder of the current academic year as well as other core and essential services UNRWA provides to Palestinian refugees in the Middle East.
  • UNRWA Commissioner-General Pierre Krahenbuhl also expressed gratitude to Qatar, applauding the Gulf country for translating its political commitment into action and for its support to the Palestinian refugee community in the region.
  • "The partnership between UNRWA and Qatar has been developing for years and with this unprecedented donation will now enter a new phase, with a significant focus on education, including emergency education, particularly in Syria and Gaza," the statement said.
also:
  • From 2014-2020, UN agencies spent nearly $4.5 billion in Gaza, including $600 million in 2020 alone. More than 80% of that funding is channeled through the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, who make up three-fourths of Gaza’s population. Some 280,000 children in Gaza attend schools run by UNRWA, which also provides health services and food aid.
  • — Qatar has provided $1.3 billion in aid to Gaza since 2012 for construction, health services and agriculture. That includes $360 million pledged in January for 2021 and another $500 million pledged for reconstruction after the war in May. Qatar’s aid also goes to needy families and to help pay Hamas government salaries.

With the adults, your stance that a majority supported the 10/7 attacks came from one poll right in the midst of Israel bombing the shit out of them in response. How accurate are you actually going to get when people are literally being bombed and emotions are that high? Polls are fucking meaningless anyway and easily manipulated for political reasons.

As for this is war and might is right. Yea well I'm an American and have every right to oppose the aid that we're giving Israel. I'm 100% against it.

Plus I do not believe Israel is just trying to defend themselves. They want all the land. Before 10/7 they've been continually stealing West Bank land and they have been constantly hinting at the Gazans leaving the territory. They want all the land.

they didn't take any land in gaza for almost 20 years. none. you love to conflate the wb and gaza though. which is either complete ignorance or intentionally misrepresenting. with your post history it's hard to tell which one.....

More evidence of the Israelis blowing up their own people on Oct 7...

LOL @ Twitter trying to prevent you from following that link, just like the link to the Israeliquotes page that documents with sources all of the genocidal rhetoric coming from Israeli officials...

With the adults, your stance that a majority supported the 10/7 attacks came from one poll right in the midst of Israel bombing the shit out of them in response. How accurate are you actually going to get when people are literally being bombed and emotions are that high? Polls are fucking meaningless anyway and easily manipulated for political reasons.

As for this is war and might is right. Yea well I'm an American and have every right to oppose the aid that we're giving Israel. I'm 100% against it.

Plus I do not believe Israel is just trying to defend themselves. They want all the land. Before 10/7 they've been continually stealing West Bank land and they have been constantly hinting at the Gazans leaving the territory. They want all the land.
@Rational Poster would care if they were Mexicans. Palestinians are not the right shade and he doesn't care one bit. Same thing with @Strychnine. Israel is killing people he doesn't like so it's okay. They're both liberals unless you're talking about Palestinian. Then, they share the same tired excuses as.... (don't want to get banned)

Hamas committed horrible crimes which makes it fine to kill everybody around them, even Israeli hostages. They'll always come with the human shield excuse. Don't get me wrong. Hamas does use human shields. To act like it excuses all the massive bombing operations is disgusting though. We're talking about bombings killing innocent Palestinians and hostages.

One last thing: notice how they don't admit the bombings will kill hostages. They could be IDF or Iraqi spokesmen.

@Rational Poster would care if they were Mexicans. Palestinians are not the right shade and he doesn't care one bit. Same thing with @Strychnine. Israel is killing people he doesn't like so it's okay. They're both liberals unless you're talking about Palestinian. Then, they share the same tired excuses as.... (don't want to get banned)

Hamas committed horrible crimes which makes it fine to kill everybody around them, even Israeli hostages. They'll always come with the human shield excuse. Don't get me wrong. Hamas does use human shields. To act like it excuses all the massive bombing operations is disgusting though. We're talking about bombings killing innocent Palestinians and hostages.

One last thing: notice how they don't admit the bombings will kill hostages. They could be IDF or Iraqi spokesmen.
<FookIsThatGuy>

I agree with you. Israel should remove ALL of the illegal settlements and return the land to the Palestinians. Hamas should return the hostages and surrender.

I can definitely see both sides of the issue and I'm partisan to the side who didn't rape innocent concert-goers and spit on their corpses.
I guess I'm just used to the hamas should surrender adn Israel should keep status quo on thsi thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back