Hand wash or dishwasher?

When I lived by myself, and later had roomates, we washed dishes by hand.
I have worked at least 3 different jobs that involved cleaning dishes.

Now my wife does the dishes with a Bosch dishwasher(I do help on weekends). Does a great job quietly.
(Side note/rant) I am done buying cheap appliances period. 10-20 years ago the cheap shit still got the job done. Now that appliance might
last 2 or 3 years before the problems start. Planned obsolescence.

When I lived by myself, and later had roomates, we washed dishes by hand.
I have worked at least 3 different jobs that involved cleaning dishes.

Now my wife does the dishes with a Bosch dishwasher(I do help on weekends). Does a great job quietly.
(Side note/rant) I am done buying cheap appliances period. 10-20 years ago the cheap shit still got the job done. Now that appliance might
last 2 or 3 years before the problems start. Planned obsolescence.
Everything is lower in quality nowadays. My mom still has a blender and shit from I think the 80’s, works perfect.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if most people that grew up without a dishwasher end up using one. It just doesn't make sense to use all that energy to do something I can finish in a couple of minutes. It's probably more work than just doing it myself immediately.
A dishwasher is more efficient than hand washing both for energy and water.

Dishwasher, unless I burn something , if you hand wash dishes it’s way less efficient on water , everyone should be using their dishwasher if they have one

A dishwasher is more efficient than hand washing both for energy and water.

It's definitely not more efficient for me. That's probably true if you're going through a huge amount of dishes etc though.

It's definitely not more efficient for me. That's probably true if you're going through a huge amount of dishes etc though.
Are you talking about running like three things in a dishwasher? You wait until it’s full to run it, dawg.

Are you talking about running like three things in a dishwasher? You wait until it’s full to run it, dawg.

How many plates etc do you think I have? Should you leave a bunch of dirty dishes, pots, pans in a dishwasher for well over a week? That's not a good idea dawg.

It makes sense if you need to use it often and go through everything quickly.

How many plates etc do you think I have? Should you leave a bunch of dirty dishes, pots, pans in a dishwasher for well over a week? That's not a good idea dawg.

It makes sense if you need to use it often and go through everything quickly.
I should hope you have a dishwasher worth of dishes.

I should hope you have a dishwasher worth of dishes.

I should hope you're not filthy and don't leave dishes in your dishwasher for over a week. Hopes and dreams...

I should hope you're not filthy and don't leave dishes in your dishwasher for over a week. Hopes and dreams...
Then you’re in luck. I don’t have a dishwasher.

Good man. You're set. Don't eat too much or make things complicated and you'll be fine.
I’m going to install one when I remodel my kitchen. It’s more energy efficient and saves water too.

I grew up without one, was shocked to meet people that had never washed a dish in their life! These days I really don’t feel the need to live without one. If the worst comes to worst I won’t bitch to be without one but to me it’s a luxury I’d prefer not to lose
I just hand wash them, there's never that many dishes here with me and the wife.

Dishwashers are great until your friggin kitchen is flooded sir lol.

So those that handwash, do you use a nasty sponge again and again? I don't even own a sponge. I use a paper towel and throw it away if I hand wash, but I mostly use the dishwasher.

If you actually scrub the sponge as if you were hand washing clothes
(not just getting soap on it to do dishes), but really wash it every time you use it ...it don't smell for a bit.

You also have to ring it out excessively.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if most people that grew up without a dishwasher end up using one. It just doesn't make sense to use all that energy to do something I can finish in a couple of minutes. It's probably more work than just doing it myself immediately.

I absolutely agree here sir.
I don't see the point in rinsing, stacking, putting it on...running it.

By that time I'm fuckin done hand washing them lol.

I’m going to install one when I remodel my kitchen. It’s more energy efficient and saves water too.

Unless you're eating too much you'll be just fine and saving water without one. Cut down on the intake.

If you actually scrub the sponge as if you were hand washing clothes
(not just getting soap on it to do dishes), but really wash it every time you use it ...it don't smell for a bit.

You also have to ring it out excessively.

Yeah, but no thanks. Paper towels are the way to go.

Back