News Haney vs Ryan García DAZN PPV Golden Boy April 20th @ Barclays

Leon Edwards would probably smash Haney. 22-3 MMA record makes you a better boxer than a 31-0 record in boxing. Francis proved that against Fury.

One day if the top boxers ever fight each other the sport might be interesting again. But this is just record padding by someone who's probably garbage. Dude got pieced up by someone half his size last time out and won his titles by beating someone who had a huge one off career high performance. No wonder he won't fight one of the actual threats of the division.

Boring fight don't pay for this. That said....Garcia could actually pull the upset off against this bum. "top boxers" these days are pretty bad. Just last year I saw Rollie get owned by a grandpa they pulled out of the crowd. Same dude who gave Tank a run for his money and that's the dude Haney is scared of? SMH!

Why stop there, i think Edwards beats the breaks off SRR.

Hes earned it by not being a pussy and wanting to fight everyone.
And he beat Haney in the amateurs multiple times.
I love this fight as a boxing fan, regardless of who wins. I have to say though that amateur boxing is practically a different sport than pro boxing. It’s apples and chicken fried steak.

Garcia would be better off taking Rolly's WBA title. He's going to need more than a left hook to beat Haney.

Leon Edwards simply has better boxing fundamentals than SRR did. MMA boxing > pure boxing. The real sweet science.
That wouldn't surprise me. Combat sports have had a lot more attention on a technical level since then. Rather than just heavyweight super fights attracting the casuals like the 20s to the 90s.. mma cards in particular are watched from top to bottom from millions of people.. some promotions even report billions of viewers.

No doubt this higher attention to detail has led to better fighters. But in boxing its another story. Anyone could actually be the best we don't know for sure. Jake Paul could possibly beat Canelo but we will never know because as soon as Canelo sees him as a threat then Canelo would just hide from that fight. We saw him get pieced up by a guy that only 100 people even bothered to watch the fight because it was supposed to be a walk in the park but clearly Canelo isn't really that good (lost to smaller fighters in ggg and Floyd as well) and we all saw that grandpa from the crowd beat up rolly until Tony weeks had to jump in and cancel the fight so rolly didn't lose

• Haha
Reactions: mon
That wouldn't surprise me. Combat sports have had a lot more attention on a technical level since then. Rather than just heavyweight super fights attracting the casuals like the 20s to the 90s.. mma cards in particular are watched from top to bottom from millions of people.. some promotions even report billions of viewers.

No doubt this higher attention to detail has led to better fighters. But in boxing its another story. Anyone could actually be the best we don't know for sure. Jake Paul could possibly beat Canelo but we will never know because as soon as Canelo sees him as a threat then Canelo would just hide from that fight. We saw him get pieced up by a guy that only 100 people even bothered to watch the fight because it was supposed to be a walk in the park but clearly Canelo isn't really that good (lost to smaller fighters in ggg and Floyd as well) and we all saw that grandpa from the crowd beat up rolly until Tony weeks had to jump in and cancel the fight so rolly didn't lose
I was merely being sarcastic. Some MMA promotions report billions of viewers? Lulz. I stopped reading there.

I was merely being sarcastic. Some MMA promotions report billions of viewers? Lulz. I stopped reading there.

HAHAHAHAHA billions! No really, at least 1/4 of the entire world's population stops whatever their doing to watch an MMA event. I'm not laughing i swear.

HAHAHAHAHA billions! No really, at least 1/4 of the entire world's population stops whatever their doing to watch an MMA event. I'm not laughing i swear.
Yeah man. The global masses just love cage fighting! It's contagious. Such a straightforward easy to get into sport. There's no learning curve to it at all. Everybody is into combat sports. Grandmas, young children, you name it.

The "boxing is dead" crowd are really blind.
Some of the HW fights are way more avoided but we are in a brilliant time right now for MW classes and lower.

Leon Edwards would probably smash Haney. 22-3 MMA record makes you a better boxer than a 31-0 record in boxing. Francis proved that against Fury.

One day if the top boxers ever fight each other the sport might be interesting again. But this is just record padding by someone who's probably garbage. Dude got pieced up by someone half his size last time out and won his titles by beating someone who had a huge one off career high performance. No wonder he won't fight one of the actual threats of the division.

Boring fight don't pay for this. That said....Garcia could actually pull the upset off against this bum. "top boxers" these days are pretty bad. Just last year I saw Rollie get owned by a grandpa they pulled out of the crowd. Same dude who gave Tank a run for his money and that's the dude Haney is scared of? SMH!

Settle down, grandpa.

Yikes... I'm all for Haney getting KOd but Ryan is not the guy to do it. He should fight rolly first, or Clarissa shields

Will watch but Garcia will get schooled. Was hoping for Haney to fight Tank or a unification fight.

Tanks doesn't want uphill fights. He wants guys too small, on the shelf with inactivity for too long, a cut below in skill, or too old. Mayweather, who calls Tank's shots, did the same, but also took hard fights (Canelo later) and did so particularly earlier in his career (his early career resume is littered with guys closer to their primes, than older scalps like Mosley or undersized JMM) in order to build his name on substance. Tank doesn't have any uphill names. Garcia was inactive.

Tanks doesn't want uphill fights. He wants guys too small, on the shelf with inactivity for too long, a cut below in skill, or too old. Mayweather, who calls Tank's shots, did the same, but also took hard fights (Canelo later) and did so particularly earlier in his career (his early career resume is littered with guys closer to their primes, than older scalps like Mosley or undersized JMM) in order to build his name on substance. Tank doesn't have any uphill names. Garcia was inactive.
Agree on all counts. The fact the Rong have him in the top 10 p4p is a laugh.

Have you ever bet against anyone of Mexican decent? I know it's your gimmick, but i'm genuinely curious.
If you asked a Denver Broncos fan, has he ever picked anyone to win besides Denver, he would say of course not.
Same here.

Not with money though. That's different

Back