• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Haney vs Ryan García DAZN PPV Golden Boy April 20th @ Barclays

Hope they stack the undercard for this one. Ryan brings a lot of eyeballs. Hope it's a good night for the sport. Still on the fence if I'm going to buy it. Haney isn't my favorite.

well shit! i didnt see that coming.
despite my distaste for both of them as fighters, i would favor Garcia in this one personally. despite his brattiness he does want smoke with everyone*. he made the fight with Tank with pretty much no issue. i think if he were champ he'd try to be more active than Haney is right now. plus his style is more exciting.
a smart man would bet on Haney though, he's got a better toolbox to pull from.

(*except Matias but no one's talking about him so i dont blame him)

It's going down April 20th!

I love watching boxing, but the fake tough guy angle is old. Bill Haney is literally one takedown away from death if any of these dudes have a background in grappling. So much fake masculinity and ridiculousness in this sport.

I love watching boxing, but the fake tough guy angle is old. Bill Haney is literally one takedown away from death if any of these dudes have a background in grappling. So much fake masculinity and ridiculousness in this sport.
Agreed but it's all to promote the fight. These motherfuckers will be eating steak together and counting their stacks after this shit.

Agreed but it's all to promote the fight. These motherfuckers will be eating steak together and counting their stacks after this shit.
Oh I get it. I just find it tired and boring. Legit hope this fight does great on PPV for the sport. I imagine Devin is going to cruise to a UD, but I'm wrong all the time.

well shit! i didnt see that coming.
despite my distaste for both of them as fighters, i would favor Garcia in this one personally. despite his brattiness he does want smoke with everyone*. he made the fight with Tank with pretty much no issue. i think if he were champ he'd try to be more active than Haney is right now. plus his style is more exciting.
a smart man would bet on Haney though, he's got a better toolbox to pull from.

(*except Matias but no one's talking about him so i dont blame him)

With you there. The guy is taking interesting fights. Hard fights.

So I'm a fan just based on that. I don't bother with social media but he can argue with his promoter and tweet as much as he likes. The guy is getting in the ring vs some tough hombres. Respect.

I used to really like Haney and thought Ryan was whatever, just some dude. But I do hope for the upset, Haney has become rather unlikable and he's quite boring to watch on top of that.

Garcia quits in the second half of the fight after a schooling

I don’t think Garcia deserves the fight because he hasn’t done anything since being KOd by Davis. I get that this is expected to be huge on PPV, but I expect it to underperform. It won’t be a dud, but it won’t do those Tank numbers, either. Casuals are fickle and they’ll remember the way Garcia went out against Davis. He’s not worth the $85 DAZN will end up charging.

Haney will win and will make it look easy.

weakest confrontation ive seen in a while:rolleyes:
they're both dumbasses.

you can't expect any clever back and forth from guys like this, they can hardly string together 2 sentences without stumbling all over themselves. they prepare one line in front of a mirror and then repeat it 59 times to the other guy, while making mean faces. it's pathetic.

This fight is everywhere I look online, wow.

The mega events will continue in 2024 I guess.

Back