Heavy (100-120 kg) power twisters: anyone try them?

Kforcer

Dragon Slayer
@Gold
Reaction score
In current conditions, especially where gyms are closed down, these might be significantly more interesting to some:

Never knew the name of that thing. Referred to it as the 'better put the wrist straps on or it's going to thunk your nuts'
Have one hanging on the wall. Will randomly use it for chest burnouts . It's 15 yrs old and spring still as sturdy as day 1.

Never knew the name of that thing. Referred to it as the 'better put the wrist straps on or it's going to thunk your nuts'
Have one hanging on the wall. Will randomly use it for chest burnouts . It's 15 yrs old and spring still as sturdy as day 1.
You have one of the heavier ones or one of the "normal" ones, out of curiosity? They sell a 120 kg one but I have seen no video anywhere of anyone successfully bending it. Just sort of curious about people's experiences of it.

You have one of the heavier ones or one of the "normal" ones, out of curiosity? They sell a 120 kg one but I have seen no video anywhere of anyone successfully bending it. Just sort of curious about people's experiences of it.
Normal As Seen On TV style. Never saw a resistance rating on it. It still requires a good amount of technique/strength to bend it, my mid-teen son can't.

Probably a 30kg . There's no markings on it but it takes average strength to move it.

pK7NJju.jpg

Probably a 30kg . There's no markings on it but it takes average strength to move it.

pK7NJju.jpg

I got that one as well! Cool story--Norm Young, who was a national champion in scholastic wrestling, freestyle and, I believe, Greco as well, gave that to me as well as gravity boots and a heavy jump rope. He's in his 70's and he gave a way a bunch of cool stuff to me, including some wrestling instructional books.

I have some heavier ones as well ; 80 kg, 100 kg and 110 kg. They're interesting, but can also have a whiplash on your joints if you don't bring them back with control. And you can't do the crazy burnouts with them or all the creative stuff you can do with the classic version. There's one from a brand called Movemint that is similar to the classic power twister, but has heavier resistance ones as well, which is probably the best of the new ones for a pure workout where you want to get a burn. Movemenit's resistance is concentrated in the middle, so there's minimal whiplash when the bar straightens back out, where as the others have the greatest resistance at the start of the bend, which makes them harder on the joints if you aren't used to them.

I don't know, no gym access currently, they are one way to engage in resistance training.

I got that one as well! Cool story--Norm Young, who was a national champion in scholastic wrestling, freestyle and, I believe, Greco as well, gave that to me as well as gravity boots and a heavy jump rope. He's in his 70's and he gave a way a bunch of cool stuff to me, including some wrestling instructional books.

I have some heavier ones as well ; 80 kg, 100 kg and 110 kg. They're interesting, but can also have a whiplash on your joints if you don't bring them back with control. And you can't do the crazy burnouts with them or all the creative stuff you can do with the classic version. There's one from a brand called Movemint that is similar to the classic power twister, but has heavier resistance ones as well, which is probably the best of the new ones for a pure workout where you want to get a burn. Movemenit's resistance is concentrated in the middle, so there's minimal whiplash when the bar straightens back out, where as the others have the greatest resistance at the start of the bend, which makes them harder on the joints if you aren't used to them.

I don't know, no gym access currently, they are one way to engage in resistance training.

Good keepsake story. You'll never forget where those came from, 40 years later. Gravity boots and heavy rope sounds like a hellova 30 second cardio.

The twist bar is great for end of work out burnout session. Just rep out and entire upper body is pumped. Once you're fatigued overhand, go to under grip and toast your biceps

Seems a bit gimmicky and potentially unsafe on the release if it's one of those heavy tension ones, can't really think of the benefits of training with this, other than as a novelty kind of thing. As a cheap, versatile, continuous tension apparatus, bands would be good.

Seems a bit gimmicky and potentially unsafe on the release if it's one of those heavy tension ones, can't really think of the benefits of training with this, other than as a novelty kind of thing. As a cheap, versatile, continuous tension apparatus, bands would be good.
Traveling workout when you get in a pinch and no access to gym or equipment. Not the heavy ones, but the resistance ones that you can rep. It's like the shake weight, looks stupid but will pump blood in the muscles

It's like the shake weight, looks stupid but will pump blood in the muscles

Genuinely curious as this is the first time I've seen someone unironically endorse the shake weight for any actual training effect. Years ago I got one as a gag gift for my gf at the time and thought was only good for a laugh or maybe some corny foreplay. I can see the power twister having some training use but this thing?

So everyone is clear, this is what we're talking about. This is a troll video (Gray Maynard deserves an acting award) but the product is real:

Genuinely curious as this is the first time I've seen someone unironically endorse the shake weight for any actual training effect. Years ago I got one as a gag gift for my gf at the time and thought was only good for a laugh or maybe some corny foreplay. I can see the power twister having some training use but this thing?

So everyone is clear, this is what we're talking about. This is a troll video (Gray Maynard deserves an acting award) but the product is real:

No lie, if you actually do it as advised, it is really hard. You are supposed to do it at a certain level of intensity for, I think 2-3 minutes and if you really do it with any intensity, it is going to be pretty tough. Especially if you have any kind of burn going prior to that. It is one of those things, that, if you dog it, you dog it, but you really push it, yeah, you are going to get a workout from it. No lie.

As far as the power twisters, it is kind of similar, especially for the 30 kg. For the 30 kg, if you have the will, you can get a workout from it.

No lie, if you actually do it as advised, it is really hard. You are supposed to do it at a certain level of intensity for, I think 2-3 minutes and if you really do it with any intensity, it is going to be pretty tough. Especially if you have any kind of burn going prior to that. It is one of those things, that, if you dog it, you dog it, but you really push it, yeah, you are going to get a workout from it. No lie.

As far as the power twisters, it is kind of similar, especially for the 30 kg. For the 30 kg, if you have the will, you can get a workout from it.
:D Shake weight will surprisingly kick your ass. If you keep intensity for the 30 seconds to a minute (which is a long time when you're pumped) The overhead 1 hand tricep is a devil. Wouldn't endorse it as being useful or any benefit but it's pretty damn tough to finish the clock out. Great teen boy forearm builder.

:D Shake weight will surprisingly kick your ass. If you keep intensity for the 30 seconds to a minute (which is a long time when you're pumped) The overhead 1 hand tricep is a devil. Wouldn't endorse it as being useful or any benefit but it's pretty damn tough to finish the clock out. Great teen boy forearm builder.

I don't know guys. The problem with the shake weight is that it's physically impossible to use it for more than 10 seconds without either cracking up or getting aroused. Either of which will break your concentration and kill the burn.

I don't know guys. The problem with the shake weight is that it's physically impossible to use it for more than 10 seconds without either cracking up or getting aroused. Either of which will break your concentration and kill the burn.
locker room shower game: Bring the shake weight and try to finish before your other forearm burns out. Call it the Shake n Date

Had family party last night and laughed while opening gift from parents. Bc she 'had no idea what to get '
It's a hydraulic arm strengthener you can set between 10kg and 210kg
61L41ai15lL._AC_SX425_.jpg

can't budge the thing over 160kg setting

Had family party last night and laughed while opening gift from parents. Bc she 'had no idea what to get '
It's a hydraulic arm strengthener you can set between 10kg and 210kg
61L41ai15lL._AC_SX425_.jpg

can't budge the thing over 160kg setting
Wow, what a funny coincidence! I was wondering about that because I have searched and seen no videos anywhere of guys hitting the 120 kg power twister and I don't think I've seen any videos of guys doing the 110 kg power twister with an overhand grip either. So 210 kg is totally out of this world, assuming the resistance level is comparable at all.

Not gonna lie, I've thought about buying this thing many times.

Wow, what a funny coincidence! I was wondering about that because I have searched and seen no videos anywhere of guys hitting the 120 kg power twister and I don't think I've seen any videos of guys doing the 110 kg power twister with an overhand grip either. So 210 kg is totally out of this world, assuming the resistance level is comparable at all.

Not gonna lie, I've thought about buying this thing many times.
It's the same type of squeezing but you have to consider it starts at a 90 degree so the flat breaking point is already in your favor. Still hard AF. It's a steady pressure too, it doesn't give as you get closer. Musta did 200 various reps in 2 days, elbow is asking for a day off.

That like this thing kinda?

same muscles for sure. The hydraulic is a constant pressure, you can't explode into it for speed.

Back