HELP - Phuket Top Team vs Tiger Muay Thai vs AKA Thailand

I was in Tiger Muay Thai back in 2011 for 3 months. Place was big than and i can imagine what it is now. Came there only for Muay Thai and after few group training i decided to stick with private one on one training with trainer that can handle my "Balkan" style of attitude and improve my tech. skills

TMT has some top trainers there http://www.tigermuaythai.com/training/muay-thai/the-trainers

My trainer was Thai and his info on TMT page is totally correct "Ajarn Thai is known for his serious side as instructor and getting students to understand each technique properly before moving on to another level of Muay Thai instruction"

On sparring days i would mix it up with "Lam" Lamsongkran Chuwattana ( i dont think he is there anymore) 2 times world champion.If you do decide to come to TMT before you start doing Muay thai one on one sessions ,talk to head trainer Phet and believe me he will find you the right trainer.

Once you get to know your trainer and the boys , you will feel like part of the family.

None of the above

go to Sitsongpeenong in Bangkok; the gym is awesome and the training is excellent. I was out there recently and it was great.

Tiger is as you say

PTT i heard some good things about from an MMA standpoint, AKAT i dont know anything about, but Sitsongpeenong rocked. Also check out Superpro Samui, guys like Overeem and Kharitonov have done extended camps there

Any info on Sinbi?

Been to all 3

1.PTT- decent, good for mma if you like . moderate for MT

2.Tiger- Big, Big, Sometime feel like groupy crossfit class

3.AKA- OK, but least liked. Spent 1 day there, moved on
What didn't you like about AKA? Can you go into a bit more detail and describe your time there and in PTT?

I can only add two points to this bro. As already pointed out Fairtex Pattaya has world class MT training and I really can't recommend them highly enough. Fantastic. They have an MMA coach too but he wasn't hired yet when I visited.

Stuart Cooper is soon going to start teaching BJJ I heard at The Grind gym in Hua Hin, so if you have the opportunity to go there, maybe consider it also.

Good luck!

Back