Media Henry Cejudo’s sister has passed away

Metastatic cancer where surgical resection is not possible has an effective 100% mortality rate.

There has been incredible advances with immunotherapy in hematologic cancers, but those 'blood' cancers only make up about 10% of total cases and we are still years/decades away from seeing this at scale with solid tumors.

I take the opportunity to write this as a reminder to get screened for the things you can and make sure to get annual check-ups with a primary doc you've established care with. I don't know what Henry's sister was facing but the 'battling for two years' almost always describes a scenario where surviving 5-10 years is nearly impossible upon prognosis. Early detection is the thing to focus on. Take care of yourself to honor the people you've lost.

RIP

I've lost a couple of family members to cancer as have a lot of people. She looked like a nice young person and I feel for the loss to their family.

We fuck around flying people on space joy flights for $250,000.00 and other bullshit, but we should focus on a cancer cure.

Tragic.

Cancer took my mom at just 43.

R.I.P.

Fuck cancer
Thanks for sharing. Feel for you, bro. That's too young. :-(

sending-virtual-hug-virtual-hug.gif

My Sister-in-law died from pancreatic cancer just before she turned 30 & her & my bro have 3 little girls. He has done a great job as a single father & I look up to him very much, but the girls still miss their Mum. RIP.

That's awful... I don't remember hearing him mention a sick sister before this (not that he needs to) but he fought for a title while she was battling cancer. I guess I'm just saying that you just don't know what someone's going through sometimes.

It's incredibly tragic. RIP to her and my deepest condolences to the entire family.

Not sure I could've done the same with my sister being sick.

Back