Media Henry Cejudo on return to MMA: "I'm after the cheddar, bro"

Lol.
Everyone was talking about Ferg vs Gaethje at the time. He's still pissed that Dana didn't give a fuck about him retiring and made a title fight a few months later for the belt he vacated without hesitation.

I like Cejudo, but man he's not being realistic with himself here.
He seemed oblivious to the fact that his retirement didn't make any ripples in the MMA world lol.

He has absolutely zero leverage. Worst career move ever. What a goof.

This guy has severely overestimated his value to the UFC. He thinks he's a huge draw and a a superstar, when in reality most casuals probably don't even know who he is. I think he really thought that his retirement stunt was going bet him a huge new contract, but DW was just like ok see you later then. Since that time it's pretty clear that Cejudo still wants to fight because he keeps calling people out, but it's always met with a collective yawn. The attitude seems to basically be that, yeah you can come back if you want, but we aren't rolling out the red carpet.

Sure, come back - but you’re not a draw so you’ll be paid averagely.

I got the sense that Dana wasn't too pleased with Cejudo and the way he departed.

If Henry think that Dana's going to throw wads of cash at him in an effort to bring him out of retirement, I've got bad news.

Did anybody actually give a shit about his fight with Cruz?
I didn't and I'm a huge Cruz fan

Interview on the "Weighing In" podcast that covers his possible return to MMA, the Volkanovski fight, training with Jon Jones and more.

@14:46

Henry:
"You know if you go out of your way... the antics... the shit that I'm on doing... come on dude, my pay pay per views... I know I'm gonna be a pay per view draw. If you wanna base it like that, the last fight it was close to 900,000... know what I'm saying? More people we're talking about my fight with Dominick Cruz than they were actually with Gaethje and Tony Ferguson... this was the stats that MMA Junkie had done."

@15:46

John: "What's it gonna take for you... for Dana... what does Dana need to do to get you back... to get you doing what you do best?"

Henry: "I'm after the cheddar, bro."

He should fight Mighty Mouse again. To try to avenge ALL of his losses to him.

Henry's "retirement" is probably one of the worst bargaining tactic misfires in history
<{outtahere}>
download.jpg

Its funny because I remember when he "retired" there were threads about it on here for like 2-3 days afterwards and then everyone forgot and moved on, no one even cared hahaha

View attachment 902542

Its funny because I remember when he "retired" there were threads about it on here for like 2-3 days afterwards and then everyone forgot and moved on, no one even cared hahaha
Pretty much sums it up. If Sherdog has moved on, what with all the repetitive posts by raving fanbois on here, then guaranteed the rest of the world has long forgotten about you.

Pretty much sums it up. If Sherdog has moved on, what with all the repetitive posts by raving fanbois on here, then guaranteed the rest of the world has long forgotten about you.
Very true, and he keeps saying he wants to make cheddar, but then why retire??!, he was the champ so he would have been making money, not to mention all the sponsors who are all over you when you're the champ. lol baffling, I don't think he thought this all through properly at all

Very true, and he keeps saying he wants to make cheddar, but then why retire??!, he was the champ so he would have been making money, not to mention all the sponsors who are all over you when you're the champ. lol baffling, I don't think he thought this all through properly at all
Haha right on

Ran out of likes.
<Oku04>

Lol.
Everyone was talking about Ferg vs Gaethje at the time. He's still pissed that Dana didn't give a fuck about him retiring and made a title fight a few months later for the belt he vacated without hesitation.

I like Cejudo, but man he's not being realistic with himself here.

Cejudo vs. Yan, Aldo or any of the other top guys at BW is intriguing.

However, all of the talk about Volkanovski is fucking silly and is never going to happen.

Strange as it sounds, he may have actually thought he was going to have a "happy ever after" with his then girlfriend. But she seemed to dump him almost immediately after he renounced his belts.

More people were absolutely NOT talking about his fight with Dom more than George and Justin. Not even close actually.

He was a great athlete, but he's an absolute fool.

His story will end brutally, never leave this game if your not really prepared to do so.

Dana White is making an example out of Henry. He wants to be paid for his talents and accomplishments. Dana will only pay based on how big of a draw he is. Those two things do not line up.

Amazing fighter. Hope he gets paid.
So does Cejudo, it's why he's effectively retired as Dana and the UFC aren't going to blink in a game of chicken with a guy who never has been a draw. I'd absolutely watch if Cejudo came back, but until he gives up the notion Dana's going to back up the money truck to his house he won't be seen in the UFC again.

Back