Social High School student gets Diploma denied for wearing Mexican flag at Ceremony

Everyone else was able to follow the rules. If you let him do what he wants they others will also and then you will have everyone looking like a mismatched bunch of teenagers. They put in the hard and got to the end and they should want to respect the ceremony and what it means.

Good

Let them all wear a flag

It's about them and the work they put in. Let them express themselves a bit and quit being so stiff. I'm not bothered by this kids flag at all.

Good

Let them all wear a flag

It's about them and the work they put in. Let them express themselves a bit and quit being so stiff. I'm not bothered by this kids flag at all.
So let them do whatever they want instead of showing they can follow the rules and respect the ceremony and others?

So let them do whatever they want instead of showing they can follow the rules and respect the ceremony and others?

To a certain extent yes. A kid getting his diploma with a flag over his shoulder doesn't seem all that offensive or disruptive

I'm not real big on rules for rules sake I guess.

Good

Let them all wear a flag

I'm on the fence.

A lot of people take the ceremony seriously and wear the uniform they're supposed to wear, except one guy wearing a bright flag. Now every picture taken of the class is going to be all about him. He probably should have asked permission.

I would never have cared at my own graduation ceremonies, but some might.

And high school graduation is one day in a lifetime.

We get it. Irish Americans aren't brown skinned so showing pride in their nation of origin is still cool. That's where @cleetus is at, too.

He’s not celebrating any holiday of Mexico. If this was Sinking the Mayonnaise Day, your analogy would work. He’s an ingrate.

Demanding an apology makes me not see him as a principle.

I see him as a grown man aching for an ass whooping.

Bitch assed politician talking shit from behind the safety of armed security.

Where else have we seen this.

I bet every time you see a St. Patrick's Day parade and all those goddamn Irish Americans waving the tricolour you envision yourself mowing the ingrates down with an AR.
Nobody walks up to graduation with an Irish flag. Jesus Christ.
To a certain extent yes. A kid getting his diploma with a flag over his shoulder doesn't seem all that offensive or disruptive

I'm not real big on rules for rules sake I guess.
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-court-flag-protest-20150329-story.html

A Mexican vice principal tells white American kids they can’t wear American flag shirts in the United States of America.

He’s not celebrating any holiday of Mexico. If this was Sinking the Mayonnaise Day, your analogy would work. He’s an ingrate.
You keep trying the mayo joke, but it is a complete failure. The joke itself is not funny and it doesn't make any sense with your argument.

You keep trying the mayo joke, but it is a complete failure. The joke itself is not funny and it doesn't make any sense with your argument.

Incorrect on all assertions.

1. It’s hilarious.
2. The guy I was responding to was talking about a big Irish-American holiday and how people wave irish flags on that day. I responded that it wasn’t Sinking the Mayonnaise Day (Mexican-American holiday) on the ingrate’s graduation so there’s no reason for him to wear a Mexican flag. If you’re living in the US, you can get away with waving another country’s flag on a holiday associated with that country.
3. If he’s so proud of Mexico, he should go live there.

Like 40% of US land belongs to Mexico by the way.

But one day it will be back in Mexican hands

He will lose in this day and age. Hope to see this on CNN

Land stolen from indigenous peoples. If Mexico wants to display its virtue it will take the imitative and give back all the land stolen starting with the Chiapas and restore their sovereignty. It certainly has no right to the land America took from it or if it does that claim is no greater than Americas claim so the only one with a right to ask for it back are the native American living in the conquered areas. And they are already Americans.

Land stolen from indigenous peoples. If Mexico wants to display its virtue it will take the imitative and give back all the land stolen starting with the Chiapas and restore their sovereignty. It certainly has no right to the land America took from it or if it does that claim is no greater than Americas claim so the only one with a right to ask for it back are the native American living in the conquered areas. And they are already Americans.

Natives hardly exist in full.
Mexicans are mixed with natives were as white americans are hardly. Average mexican is half native

I can’t bring myself to care about this. On the one hand, who cares if he wore it? On the other, he was probably wearing it hoping for exactly the reaction he got. Neither look good imo

He violated the dress code why is it even a issue? Because a Mexican flag? race baiting 101

the perpetual struggle with contextualizing.. the unsolicited injection of victimhood. This post is the complete distillation of conservatism and it's almost tweet length.. well done. You should considered applying to turning point USA or one of the other insane groups to run their social media account.. No bullshit this is exactly the content and reactions they're looking for.

Translation: I can't argue with your post because it's true, so I'll resort to some good old Ad Hominem and try to dress it up with some flowery language (and fail miserably). LOL pipe down, yellow card.

Natives hardly exist in full.
Mexicans are mixed with natives were as white americans are hardly. Average mexican is half native

Let's not lump all the indigenous people together. A person from the indegniouns people of Southern Mexico has no claim to the lands in California. Only the people whose ancestors are from that region have even a arguable claim to it. Those people already live in the United States. Why does the Mexican government have a stronger claim than them. ?

Back