Social High School student gets Diploma denied for wearing Mexican flag at Ceremony

student-mexican-flag-graduation-01-ht-iwb-210605_1622915852955_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

A North Carolina high school student was denied his diploma for wearing a Mexican flag over his graduation gown.
Ever Lopez draped a Mexican flag over his blue gown at Asheboro High School's graduation ceremony Thursday night.
Video footage from the ceremony shows the principal ask him to take the flag off. After an unsuccessful attempt to take it off, he was denied his actual diploma.

The incident has sparked outrage and led to a protest outside the school Friday. However, the school district insists that Lopez's actions "violated the ceremony's dress code" and "the incident is not about the Mexican flag."
https://abcnews.go.com/US/north-car...iploma-wearing-mexican-flag/story?id=78104043

good. he loves mexico so much but yet still lives in america. he should be denied college admission too

Let's not lump all the indigenous people together. A person from the indegniouns people of Southern Mexico has no claim to the lands in California. Only the people whose ancestors are from that region have even a arguable claim to it. Those people already live in the United States. Why does the Mexican government have a stronger claim than them. ?

Wait that isnt entirely true.

1) Their are natives who were wiped out in the southwest whose racial and ancestral kin come from Mexico and remember this land the southwest largelly was once Mexico.

2) The US started a war with Mexico and unfair force with them to steal Mexican land

3) Yes Mexico did and Spain did genocide the natives and then mix with their women

This is a perfect example of manipulation. First, the student was not denied his diploma. He was not allowed to take part in the ceremony. He still will receive his diploma. Second, it wasn’t for wearing a Mexican flag. It was for violating the dress code. If a student wore and American flag the same thing would have happened.

it’s stupid manipulative stories like that that drive the wedge further in this country. Stop being a cunt and lying about what happened. Also, for those that replied in this thread taking a “right” or “left” view, be smarter and don’t fall for Thai bullshit.

It's kind of cringe, but who cares if he has a Mexican flag? Are we supposed to be anti-Mexico now? Let him be proud of his heritage.
You had a president for basically the last four years scaring Americans into believing Mexicans are bad hombres. So yes.

Presumably he'll get the diploma still?

Surely, they can't deny him what he's earned, no matter what stunt he pulled at the ceremony?
He will still be a high school graduate. They can't remove that from him.

Our district can refuse to give you your diploma if you have an outstanding balance for a lost or damaged textbook, laptop, or sports equipment. But, you will still be seen as a high school graduate.

After all, colleges want to see your transcript, not your certificate.

Good

Let them all wear a flag

It's about them and the work they put in. Let them express themselves a bit and quit being so stiff. I'm not bothered by this kids flag at all.

Agreed. Here is a picture of me at my highschool graduation:
5afcbe865a735.image.jpg

Natives hardly exist in full.
Mexicans are mixed with natives were as white americans are hardly. Average mexican is half native

Genocide is justified if you just rape a people out of existence?

Genocide is justified if you just rape a people out of existence?

What?

What does your comment have to do with how WHITE Americans and White supremacy stole Mexican land, made marijuana illegal, deported many legal mexicans and natives and keep natives on prison camps called "reservations"

Translation: I can't argue with your post because it's true, so I'll resort to some good old Ad Hominem and try to dress it up with some flowery language (and fail miserably). LOL pipe down, yellow card.
I'm serious, you're flushing a lot of potential down the drain. I addressed everything in your post I quoted along the way in this thread, in fact in like the 2nd or post here... I just know talent when I see it. Sorry you don't see it in yourself as well.

Good. Fuck him

I wouldn’t be allowed to wear Italian flag either.

He can do that in Mexico? Right?

Why can't he do that here? I'm a patriot, I've served, I love this country and all of that shit. It's why I'm not so insecure about the US that I get butthurt when I see someone having pride in their heritage. I don't see this as someone saying "fuck America", I see this as a kid being proud that his parents/grandparents/family members come from Mexico. It's cringe, but it's not threatening. People having the freedom to do something like this is part of the reason I love this country in the first place.

Why can't he do that here? I'm a patriot, I've served, I love this country and all of that shit. It's why I'm not so insecure about the US that I get butthurt when I see someone having pride in their heritage. I don't see this as someone saying "fuck America", I see this as a kid being proud that his parents/grandparents/family members come from Mexico. It's cringe, but it's not threatening. People having the freedom to do something like this is part of the reason I love this country in the first place.

But why not fly that flag in Mexico? Answer.

Is it because Mexico sucks?

But why not fly that flag in Mexico? Answer.

Is it because Mexico sucks?

They do fly that flag in Mexico?

Why do you care about some kid flying the flag of an inferior country? This is the kind of retard shit that other countries laugh at us for.

Last edited:
The bottom fucking line is that this would NOT be a story if the school let him get his diploma normally.

Instead, they acted the fool, and their pettiness made them a laughing stock.

But...I'm SO SURE that all of you (in this thread) who are sticking up for the school would have denied the diploma for that kid too, right?

Pathetic. (but I doubt most of you would have ACTUALLY denied him, as there is A LOT of shit talkers here who would NOT act that way in real life)

are HS students not allowed to decorate their caps or is that only a college/university thing? principal should have just given him the diploma. people forget that the walking ceremony is your one last bang before you venture out into the semi real world. ive seen a lot worse done back in the late 90s/early 2000s

What?

What does your comment have to do with how WHITE Americans and White supremacy stole Mexican land, made marijuana illegal, deported many legal mexicans and natives and keep natives on prison camps called "reservations"

Read the comment I responded to.

Its adorable you think any of that stuff belongs to Mexico. Mexico and Mexicans stole all that land from the natives. The US should discuss relations with the tribes directly, and cut out the Mexican colonizers.

Back