Holy hell caffeine withdrawals are brutal

Guzzle caffeine.
But I don’t really get withdrawals, or nothing that notice too much.
Got lucky with that gene perhaps.
That said, nicotine: that’s a different story.
Is normal… I reckon.

Apparently, the headaches are increased blood flow to the head/brain since caffeine restricts that. That's enough to make want to quit again but that first week... There are plenty of non-caffeinated options these days at least but you've got to be committed that first week and not have any other plans.

Interdasting, I go almost 24 hours without it, some days more and I don't get symptoms. It seems to be a problem if you constantly drink it. If you just drink it once, and never touch it again for the rest of the day, it seems like there are no withdrawals. At least for me that's how it is.

As your pour down your last cup of coffee, the music plays and tears begin to flow.

I took tea and made it gradually weaker. It took me 2 weeks to quit and I didn't get a headache.
That's how you're suppose to do it, slowly ween off of it. Little to no side effects if done right

Caffeine addiction sucks because reality is it masks the real underlying issue. Poor diet ? Poor sleep ? Poor mental/physical health ? Life/job that's way to stressful ? Actually addressing your daily routine/health and you won't need caffeine.

In some cases it can actually mask serious issues (my dad and my soon to be ex wife both abuse caffeine to mask undiagnosed depression). In their case it's a double-edged sword because it makes their depression better in the morning but then it makes their afternoon anxiety spike

Toughen up dude. They are not torturous. I have been through it many times.
I used to have 4 to 6 large monster cans a day plus coke. So I have been balls deep in the withdrawls a few times.

Why don't you really test yourself and cut carbs, caffeine and sugar all at once?

I quit drinking caffeine cold turkey 3 days ago. I drank coffee at work all day long, mostly out of boredom, but I haven't been sleeping well and I thought quitting it altogether could help. I have had a brutal headache for two days now and it gets 10x worse anytime I do anything physical like exercise or even play video games. I just read this can last for up to 9 days!?!? I had no idea caffeine was this serious a drug.

Tldr: check your caffeine consumption. Withdrawals suck.
Does Tylenol or Advil help?

Monster after breakfast , lunch and supper crew checking in...
338ad9d6-8173-11eb-87b1-2ad3cd5fba10_image_hires_171242.jpg

I quit drinking caffeine cold turkey 3 days ago. I drank coffee at work all day long, mostly out of boredom, but I haven't been sleeping well and I thought quitting it altogether could help. I have had a brutal headache for two days now and it gets 10x worse anytime I do anything physical like exercise or even play video games. I just read this can last for up to 9 days!?!? I had no idea caffeine was this serious a drug.

Tldr: check your caffeine consumption. Withdrawals suck.
"Withdrawal sucks"

Yes it does. I also added sugar to that last year. Try cutting out refined sugar from your diet. I had to since I was overweight. It's hard but it's better than being obese, diabetic or dead. I'm getting old so it's stuff I gotta do to stay healthy.

I have discovered Zyn pouches are so much better than caffeine. Instant energy boost without the jittery feeling of caffeine.

Plus you will have the hardest boners of your life it’s great.

I drink about 6-10 espressos a day of high caffeine beans and I occasionally stop with zero withdrawal. But I'm prepared to believe it's different for others.

I’ve drunk coffee basically every day for twenty years now, just two cups first thing in the morning. If I miss it, I get the headaches, not debilitating, but hangover-like. If I drink coffee after midday it definitely affects my sleep. Lots of research suggesting moderate coffee consumption is good for you now. Try going cold turkey on sugar, it’s just as bad, if not worse.

Why the fuck did you stop cold turkey? You're supposed to reduce things gradually when quitting.

One withdrawal that i always found deceptively terrible is nasal spray. I always think "ehh, a stuffed nose doesn't hurt", but it's awfully distracting, and your mouth will feel disgusting when you wake up after a night of sleep with a stuffed nose.

Back