Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

I just rewatched all 7 current episodes to catch someone up for tonight and I have to give props to the people in charge for being so confident in their show.

To wrap up some of those storylines as quick as they did and push forward past interesting characters (Crabfeeder, young Rhaenyra, the Strongs) to brand new characters is ballsy. And to do it several times in the first season shows that they know exactly what they are building towards and how much confidence they have in these new characters (the kids).

I know a lot of people hate the timeskips and honestly I too wish they would’ve stretched it out a bit but upon rewatch it really isn’t as sloppy as some are making it out to be. The vision for the story is clear, and they have made an insane amount of story progression while not wasting too much time on the admittedly interesting but ultimately irrelevant side stories.
I get what you're saying, and Im' sure whenever i get around to rewatching the season in it's entirety, it won't seem as big of a deal as it is now. (especially whenever the show ends, it won't matter because the story will be so far removed from characters like Crabfeeder and Laena.)
The difference of opinion for me is on what is and isn't "irrelevant". It's all relevant if you're interested in particular events and characters. It's kind of the difference of a focus on the destination vs the journey.
But yeah, all of this will matter a lot less after the timeskips stop and we're in the main story.

Lol so im barely on episode 7 I like how HBO causally pioneers showing incest on screen between rhaenyra and daemon I guess flaccid penii was not edgy anymore.

Love the fact that he knew god damn well that he was talking to the queen and not his daughter. He may have been shining everyone along all this time but he knew what was up, even if he couldn't admit it out loud.

Aegon looks like Joe Burrow now.

Wow this was the best episode yet. Not a moment of action and it is incredible. This is how you make a show
It was the best episode so far.

still don’t like it as a show. Nothing happens but minor intrigues.

the king is a good actor. Damn good actor. His brother is pretty good too. But that’s about it

Really loved this episode. Best of the series (feel like a broken record at this point)

Hour and 15 minutes and still felt like it was over far too quickly.

Viserys stole the show.

Back