Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

Speaking of dragons, I had hoped/continue to hope that they actually do more than just show us more dragons.
It'd be nice to know something more about them. How smart are they for instance? Do they have a personality? And what do they mean to the Targaryeans ?
Daeynyras considered them her children, but I don't really have a clear idea on how these guys think of them...they just seem like war beasts and status symbols for them so far.
Viserys seems to pray to the skull of Balerion given he has a shrine to it in the crypt.

And they neutered show Selmy too (compared to Book Selmy anyway)
Who did they neuter?

everyone-gary.gif

Not Ramsay. He got supercharged for the show.

Show Ramsay btfo’d Stannis’ army with 20 good men. And shirtless Ramsay murked almost the entire rescue party sent for Theon by his sister.
That’s true Ramsey definitely got a major buff
Makes a tired Jon Snow murking him 1v1 all the more impressive

Confused because he was getting punked by the whole family of kids last week, then this week he's suddenly a badass who tames a dragon and takes an eye removal like a champ? The writing is just continuing to get weaker by the episode and the pacing is way too fast. We just met these kids last week and next week we get yet ANOTHER big time jump and the kids are grown ups now? So once again we are led to believe that after this weeks huge blow up, nothing else will happen in between the time jumps? The show is watchable TV but I feel like STARZ developed this show and not HBO.
One was a setup for the other. He was upset he had no dragon and was driven to seize the opportunity

View attachment 946868

This cuck brought to you by Vaegon Targaryen who’d rather be a book nerd Maester.

Viscerys is a good king but he has a fucked up family. He should have never re-married the girl that he did because she brings nothing to the table and will be perpetually insecure. He should have bodychecked her hard when she stepped out of line. Daemon would have. The nonsense continues to Daemon marrying Rehyanas because infatuation but also because she has made herself power insecure due to having so many bastards. The whole lot aside from Viscerys is a bunch of worthless piles of shit that don't understand that their nonsense is putting the family at risk of being toppled. It is like they need an existential threat to keep them from being retards.

So I watched latest episode today. Best episode by far. I do agree its a bit reckless how these people who are supposed to be important and have guards around them always are in danger anyway,and the guards just seem to let it happen ..and how did no one do anything when Daemon started laughing at the funeral...but fuck it,show is entertaining as fuck,and they are all horrible fuckin people,hahaha,except for maybe Viserys,who just wishes for peace and tryna stay alive.

That Aemond Targaryen is a little bastard. I loved how evil that kid was. Usually I fuckin hate kids no matter what,but the GOT have always been good at casting really talented kid actors.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Finally caught up after falling a few episodes behind. I have to say, the show actually gains when watched back to back - the skips in time etc. didn't bother me as the episodes seemed to flow naturally together and it feels like you are watching a family grow and change through time.

Boy, my man King Viserys was dealt a rough hand by the Gods. He seems to be the only guy in Westeros with good intentions and the will to look for a compromise. His one mistake was not making the succession iron clad once Aegon was born, though the way that kid turned out, it looks like he might not have been a good choice either.

Viserys rotting away seems symbolic of the stability of the realm falling to pieces. Once he finally kicks the bucket, it's full-on civil war and nobody can stop it.

ahhhh the scene where he leaves Kings landing is still awesome on the show

100% agree...

Selmy taking out the titans bastard in the book is one of the best scenes in the entire book series and the show robbed us of it.

...and also this.

Would've loved to at least hear how he snuck back into the city to write his own dismissal in the White Book.

As much as a badass as show Selmy was, he was still neutered.

100% agree...

...and also this.

Would've loved to at least hear how he snuck back into the city to write his own dismissal in the White Book.

As much as a badass as show Selmy was, he was still neutered.
I would probably say Stannis had the worst treatment out of all the GOT characters in the show compared to the books

I would probably say Stannis had the worst treatment out of all the GOT characters in the show compared to the books

Out of all the assholes fighting.. Stannis would have been the best leader for the realm too. Especially for the threat coming in from the North, it’s too bad he met the Red Witch and bought into her nonsense.

Given the character and nature of both Robert and Stannis, it’s a wonder Robert didn’t just put Stannis on the council instead of Renly and let Stannis do his thing while Robert fucked off -which is what he wanted to do anyway. Stannis was perfect for that kind of shit.

Back