Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

Not sure he's a bad guy per say but Matt Smiths character was the best by far.
I think there are certainly shades of grey and lots of ambiguous motivations for characters, but he certainly seems arrogant and cruel.

Otto Hightower also seems like a snake. I'm getting Littlefinger vibes from him.

Bros, I've on read the main asoiaf series and dunk and egg

"Did the tournament go down like that? Isn't it a pretty big deal to have lords and knights killing each other while participating in a tourney? "]

Bros, I've on read the main asoiaf series and dunk and egg

I think it is more common among the anonymous knights trying to make a name for themselves. And as Rhaenys says there hasn't been a real war for a long time. Big tourneys like that would be a way for young knights to prove themselves as warriors.

I certainly think Daemon not accepting bring unhorsed and demanding single combat was a big deal, with a very uneven consequences because of their polar opposite status.

Ser Criston Cole winning would be a huge deal, but it was immediately overshadowed by the
death of the queen

FYI, there is a Dunk and Egg series in development. Could be awesome.

Last edited:
I think it is more common among the anonymous knights trying to make a name for themselves. And as Rhaenyra says there hasn't been a real war for a long time. Big tourneys like that would be a way for young knights to prove themselves as warriors.

I certainly think Daemon not accepting bring unhorsed and demanding single combat was a big deal, with a very uneven consequences because of their polar opposite status.

Ser Criston Cole winning would be a huge deal, but it was immediately overshadowed by the
death of the queen

FYI, there is a Dunk and Egg series in development. Could be awesome.
Good point about the peace time quote. I thought a Dunk and Egg series would be a no-brainer for adaptation.

Good point about the peace time quote. I thought a Dunk and Egg series would be a no-brainer for adaptation.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. Casting will be super important though, because Dunk needs to be 1)huge 2)likeable and 3)a good enough actor to carry a series.

Daemon definitely gives of the villainous vibe of Ramsay or Jaime. I thought he was more like Jaime and I was expecting him to fuck his cousin when he gave her the necklace. I fully expect Daemon to have the Targaryen madness.
Lol me too. I was waiting for him to rip her dress off or something gave me mad incest creeper vibes

I think he might be a little too old, and not quite huge enough. Dunk is supposed to be gigantic.

Still a solid choice though.

Hair and makeup can age someone down, camera angles can big them up, and they've got to act and be personable in addition to being yuge.

Not a big pool of dudes at that point. I don't think Halfthor can carry a series lead.

I'm waiting for the @Lethal review before I decide whether this shit is worth watching or not

@Peteyandjia @Sara

I came in with very low expectations after feeling let down by Season 8. I have to say overall it was pretty good. Like many in here have said, this episode isn’t as good as the best of GOT but it’s definitely better than the lowest points of the series.

It was more of a set up episode but I think it put in story pieces in place nicely for the upcoming episodes. Will be tuning in next week as well.

Hair and makeup can age someone down, camera angles can big them up, and they've got to act and be personable in addition to being yuge.

Not a big pool of dudes at that point. I don't think Halfthor can carry a series lead.
I think Tom Hopper from Umbrella Academy and Black Sails would be a good choice, possibly the frontrunner.

He's in his midthirties but he looks younger, and he's 6'5 and big. He did play Dickon Tarly in GoT already, but only in a couple of episodes. He's also a convincing big dumb lunk.

Quite possibly they cast a big, young unknown actor and have a very strong supporting cast to help carry the show.

I think Tom Hopper from Umbrella Academy and Black Sails would be a good choice, possibly the frontrunner.

He's in his midthirties but he looks younger, and he's 6'5 and big. He did play Dickon Tarly in GoT already, but only in a couple of episodes. He's also a convincing big dumb lunk.

Quite possibly they cast a big, young unknown actor and have a very strong supporting cast to help carry the show.

Drew McIntyre is the answer

I’m not sure if I want to get into this show because even if it’s good I could see it getting canceled under the new ownership following the WB/Discovery merger. It sounds like there’s little interest in big budget TV and more of an interest in cheaper TV and more big budget films.

WB will milk this universe for as long as people have an appetite for it which looking at the numbers for the premiere, people clearly still want to be in this universe despite how much GOT fucked everyone over.

Back