Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

So you can't tell what wokeness went on in the show, got it.

I was clear. Watch the first 30 min or so. I’m not going to give a play by play.

Take it how you want. I could not care less.

Like I said, I’m still gonna watch it. Doesn’t mean I don’t see the same lame tropes of today. But whatever.

Had serious fears about this one, but enjoyed it. The episode was a bit member berries for my tastes, but it didn't ruin the overall story.

I was clear. Watch the first 30 min or so. I’m not going to give a play by play.

Take it how you want. I could not care less.

Like I said, I’m still gonna watch it. Doesn’t mean I don’t see the same lame tropes of today. But whatever.

Oh I watched it, there was no wokeness.. good to know you can't pinpoint anything you're talking about. "oh it's woke, but i'm not gonna tell you what it is" lol

I was pleasantly surprised overall, had very low expectations. The actress playing young Rhaenyra is quite good, solid casting from what I've seen.

Hard to live up to GoT, especially comparing both first seasons, but so far I don't have the feeling of "I wonder what happens next". It's way better than I expected though.

The dragons look worse than in GoT for some reason

Very 1st episode of GoT was great though.

In retrospect, its awesome.

But upon 1st viewing, not knowing anything about it, its pretty rough to get through.

"What... what's happening where? The opening scenes happen somewhere snowy? And then other scenes happen in a giant castle with a dead guy? Then a month goes by and they travel to 'winterfell?' Where's that? And then this young blonde chick is 'across the narrow sea?'

Who's these 18 characters they introduce, are they expecting me to remember all their names? When are they going back to the snow zombies in the opening? Why'd they throw the kid out the tower at the ending again?"

I love the show, but it has a pretty steep learning curve.

But upon 1st viewing, not knowing anything about it, its pretty rough to get through.

"What... what's happening where? The opening scenes happen somewhere snowy? And then other scenes happen in a giant castle with a dead guy? Then a month goes by and they travel to 'winterfell?' Where's that? And then this young blonde chick is 'across the narrow sea?'

Who's these 18 characters they introduce, are they expecting me to remember all their names? When are they going back to the snow zombies in the opening? Why'd they throw the kid out the tower at the ending again?"

The original GOT was like that too though. They introduce so many families so fast,i needed to watch season 1 over to get a handle on it all.

Everything you say about GoT episode 1 is exactly what made it so successful. People wanted to know wtf was going on and what was going to happen.

I was pleasantly surprised overall, had very low expectations. The actress playing young Rhaenyra is quite good, solid casting from what I've seen.

Hard to live up to GoT, especially comparing both first seasons, but so far I don't have the feeling of "I wonder what happens next". It's way better than I expected though.

The dragons look worse than in GoT for some reason
The dragons looking worse was my only real criticism.

The dragons looking worse was my only real criticism.
Yeah it stood out for me, but I actually think the CGI is fine, more like a design choice that seems a bit unfamiliar at this moment

Reactions: HHJ
Everything you say about GoT episode 1 is exactly what made it so successful. People wanted to know wtf was going on and what was going to happen.
Yeah

This girl I was dating was like omg watch this show its so good

and im like whatever bitch,cos usually she has bad taste in stuff. Eventually I watch the first episode and im like ...

PUT THE NEXT EPISODE ON

I think the dragon's designs were directly dictated by Martin
Yeah, obviously they were, just still have the GoT dragons in mind and always thought they looked pretty damn good. Probably something I'll get used to

Reactions: HHJ
Oh I watched it, there was no wokeness.. good to know you can't pinpoint anything you're talking about. "oh it's woke, but i'm not gonna tell you what it is" lol

Ok man. I hope you like the show, I know I do.

Just watched the first episode.

Am I crazy or does Daemon remind everyone else of Ramsay, he looks like him, he sounds like him, acts similar to him although I don't think he has a screw loose in the same manner that Ramsay did.

Am I crazy or does Daemon remind everyone else of Ramsay, he looks like him, he sounds like him, acts similar to him although I don't think he has a screw loose in the same manner that Ramsay did.
Yeah I can see that, but not as extreme yet.

He reminded me more of Jamie. Very cool character with amazing armor.

Back