How did 'Motivated' Conor become a thing??

Conor didn’t take Nate seriously the first time & we saw what happened. Conor entered the cage looking sickly vs Khabib & fought like shit. He later admitted he was drinking whiskey during fight week. Not saying he beats everyone when motivated but a sober, focused, healthy Conor hasn’t lost yet in the ufc.

Conor didn’t take Nate seriously the first time & we saw what happened. Conor entered the cage looking sickly vs Khabib & fought like shit. He later admitted he was drinking whiskey during fight week. Not saying he beats everyone when motivated but a sober, focused, healthy Conor hasn’t lost yet in the ufc.
Sickly? He looked in great shape to me. I think he looked in better shape against khabib then he looks against cowboy IMO

Obviously he looked lighter against khabib but he looked younger, the affects of drinking whiskey didn't take a toll on his face and body.

This..

Imagine claiming to be a fan of metallica but spending more time talking about how bad megadeth are..
Megadeth was my band back in the day. Well, I listened to them more than I ever listened to metallica. Let me say that. I wasn't a huge fan but I was a fan.

I liked ministry as my all time favorite band. Best industrial metal band. Godfathers of the shit. But their synth pop stuff was good too.

Conrad nut huggers play an age old game, it’s called Grasping At Straws

I've been watching a lot of ufc press , predictions leading up to the fight and I'm seeing a lot of motivated Conor spins out there.

people love hyperbole qnd its mostly a joke like sea level cain or when chuck has that look in his eyes. on the other side between boxing, taking drugs and becoming super wealthy and famous so quickly there is some grounds to think his mind may not have been 100% on fighting, dont forget all the people trying to sue him. Not saying its not his own fault. it absolutely is
Like bro he didn't lose to Nik lentz, he wasn't beat in his wheelhouse. He got beat by a dominant grappler. No one says that about Poirier and no one is going to say it about Justin when they lost to khabib.

You merged your reply with mine. IDK what you're saying. It's mixed

Because It is a thing. Look at the movement. Dustin is FOOKED

viewimage.php

It’s a narrative pushed by the UFC and Conor’s PR as it helps to sell the Khabib rematch.

Without that storyline their is little reason to believe the fight goes differently in a rematch.

If his preparation was off against Khabib, something for which there is little actual evidence, it wasn’t due to lack of motivation. It was the biggest fight of his career against a guy he had severe personal animosity with.

Like anyone actually takes "motivated" McGregor seriously? It's a meme and we're all in it for the lulz or that's what I thought

How did Conor convince fans, pundits and even fighters that he was bored? And why do people buy it? He lost against Khabib which is the toughest fight in the division. Although he lost pretty handily, he did hold his own in pockets of the fight.

Conor wasn't even the betting favourite against khabib.

He simply lost to the better man. I believe he was motivated against khabib. If you can't get motivated to take someone's 0, I don't know what to tell you. He knew the fight was going to do huge numbers.

If Conor faced another journeyman and lost, that's where I can see the excuse or people buying the excuse. But it's like people pretend he didn't lose to khabib and act as if he lost to Paul Felder or something. This is not a jon jones being bored with Anthony smith situation.

Losing to Khabib shouldn't be a that much of a knock. Conor wasn't in the goat conversations.

I'm seeing things pundits and fighters build up the 257 fight as a motivated Conor wins against Poirier.

Tl;dr the motivated narrative is weak. Conor didn't lose because of lack of motivation and should be beat Poirier it's not because he's extra motivated/super focused.
I would say "Motivated Conor" was probably born due to the big change in his life. FW he fought all comers and tore through the division. In the last 4 years he's only had 2 MMA fights, destroyed by Khabib then spoon-fed Cowboy. He also fought Floyd and is now worth hundreds of millions of dollars. I would say the questions are valid. Props to Conor for taking a fight against a game opponent now. We will get to see where he's at.

Conor's hardcore fanbase being the most delusional in MMA history by about a factor of 10 is certainly a thing.

Conor's rise was as exhilarating as we've seen. But he blatantly lost that drive and focus he had and became blasé about his training. I guess $100M will do that to you.

I'm actually a bit sceptical that motivated Conor is back, until I see it with my own eyes.

Whatever narrative works to get him another title shot, top tier fight, or excuse a performance. It isn't about reality. It's about justification.

Simple answer, Conor fans are mostly idiots and trolls. The real Conor fans wouldn’t spout that bullshit.

Back