How did 'Motivated' Conor become a thing??

How did Conor convince fans, pundits and even fighters that he was bored? And why do people buy it? He lost against Khabib which is the toughest fight in the division. Although he lost pretty handily, he did hold his own in pockets of the fight.

Conor wasn't even the betting favourite against khabib.

He simply lost to the better man. I believe he was motivated against khabib. If you can't get motivated to take someone's 0, I don't know what to tell you. He knew the fight was going to do huge numbers.

If Conor faced another journeyman and lost, that's where I can see the excuse or people buying the excuse. But it's like people pretend he didn't lose to khabib and act as if he lost to Paul Felder or something. This is not a jon jones being bored with Anthony smith situation.

Losing to Khabib shouldn't be a that much of a knock. Conor wasn't in the goat conversations.

I'm seeing things pundits and fighters build up the 257 fight as a motivated Conor wins against Poirier.

Tl;dr the motivated narrative is weak. Conor didn't lose because of lack of motivation and should be beat Poirier it's not because he's extra motivated/super focused.

So you think his alcohol and cocaine stint was just an act?

chuckstare.gif
<BC1>

How did Conor convince fans, pundits and even fighters that he was bored? And why do people buy it? He lost against Khabib which is the toughest fight in the division. Although he lost pretty handily, he did hold his own in pockets of the fight.

He simply lost to the better man. I believe he was motivated against khabib. If you can't get motivated to take someone's 0, I don't know what to tell you. He knew the fight was going to do huge numbers.

If Conor faced another journeyman and lost, that's where I can see the excuse or people buying the excuse. But it's like people pretend he didn't lose to khabib and act as if he lost to Paul Felder or something. This is not a jon jones being bored with Anthony smith situation.

Losing to Khabib shouldn't be a that much of a knock. Conor wasn't in the goat conversations.

I'm seeing things pundits and fighters build up the 257 fight as a motivated Conor wins against Poirier.

Tl;dr the motivated narrative is weak. Conor didn't lose because of lack of motivation and should be beat Poirier it's not because he's extra motivated/super focused.

It's not about motivated Conor. It's about motivating dumb fans to drop some $$$ on the UFC again. And it works, same as it worked for BJ back in the day. To the death like a gazelle.

I've been watching a lot of ufc press , predictions leading up to the fight and I'm seeing a lot of motivated Conor spins out there.

Like bro he didn't lose to Nik lentz, he wasn't beat in his wheelhouse. He got beat by a dominant grappler. No one says that about Poirier and no one is going to say it about Justin when they lost to khabib.
Justin and Dustin weren't coming off 2 year layoffs with nearly a billion dollars in the Bank

Is Motivated Conor the same as Sober Conor? I don't know how true either one of those are but I prefer the Sober nickname because it's funnier.

Of course he was motivated against khabib

The build up was that dark for a reason. Conor was trying to get every advantage he had in mental warfare, as he knew what he was up against

There was genuine bad blood and khabib being undefeated and a great grappler was motivating conor

If real fans watch the fight they can see that conors defensive grappling was solid and his conditioning much improved.

He took 2 shots of whiskey at a press conference, I bet he drank fuck all

Retards say he moved differently than the Eddie fight, but he moved exactly the same,only he was a little more conscious of takedowns

Also khabib had him on his back early both rounds

He was motivated as fuck and just a selling angle for a rematch

Bullshit excuses

You merged your reply with mine. IDK what you're saying. It's mixed
sorry i mistyped there. mostly saying its more of a running joke on jere more than anything

Back