how do yall suppress desire for crap foods?

Making eating a routine and eat with the idea that you're fueling yourself and not eating for pleasure.

Eat whatever the fuck you want on Sundays.

It's a crappy life. I do not enjoy it for a second.

How to suppress urge for bad food? with simple maths: you plus great abs = fucking younger hotter chicks. Does anyone really need any further motivation than this?

...and all the other minor stuff like look better, feel better, live longer, etc but mostly its the aforementioned motivation.

Compare how you feel after eating crap food vs quality food. For me bad food creates mood swings, lack of real satiety, trouble to focus, and so on. Once I realised this, it made the whole thing much, much easier.

How to suppress urge for bad food? with simple maths: you plus great abs = fucking younger hotter chicks. Does anyone really need any further motivation than this?

...and all the other minor stuff like look better, feel better, live longer, etc but mostly its the aforementioned motivation.

THIS! 100 times this! Haha it's all I need. Never got how some people never understood it.

I use things other than toned/ripped as a motivation. I'm more concerned with being strong than being pretty. I find that strength is a proper motivator to do the right then when it comes to diet & exercise. If you want to be pretty, and learn tricks that pretty people use, you're probably better off @ BodyBuilding.com.

Letme ask you a serious question...why is getting stronger more noble than looking good? In the big picture both sound pretty trivial to me.

I mean 99.99% of people do not make their living playing sports and many that do not use strength as their main goal. Essentially you are lifting to get stronger so you can eventually lift more in the future...nothing wrong with it, I just don't see why its so righteous.

As for working out for looks...at least you will increase your ability to attract the opposite sex. Youll likely have more confidence, score with hotter chicks, and increase the likelyhood you will marry a hotter woman when time comes.. this could potentially effect your happiness for the rest of your life.

Now I'm neither exceptionally strong or 'ripped' myself but as a neutral party I don't see why one is sonoble and the other is mocked.

When I was 18 this was a big concern of mine. Looking hot for women. Then I realised because I got older, that to just do it for looks is kind of womenish... As a man, I do need to worry about my health, and I don't have to look like a slop.. But to just care about my looks.. I keep that for the women.

+ Still believing women really care that much about bodyfat % is not understanding women very well. Most don't even know the difference between 15 and 10. That's all in your head.

So, to answer your question. As a 30+ year old male, yes, I do need other motivation then just the opposite sex.

The way I do it, is have a shake in the morning. Healthy, banana, blueberries, hemp protein, plane greek yogurk, water and lemon juice. Eat a meal at lunch of something I enjoy but in a portion controlled size. (whole grain) Piece of pizza, spaghetti, potatoes w/e. Those are my carbs for the day though and at supper its lean protein with low carb veggies. Drinking shit tons of water helps. 1 cheat meal a week, normally when the office goes for lunch on friday.

It sucks when your trying to lose weight and it sucks even more trying to maintain. It would be so easy to gain it all back.

When I was 18 this was a big concern of mine. Looking hot for women. Then I realised because I got older, that to just do it for looks is kind of womenish... As a man, I do need to worry about my health, and I don't have to look like a slop.. But to just care about my looks.. I keep that for the women.

+ Still believing women really care that much about bodyfat % is not understanding women very well. Most don't even know the difference between 15 and 10. That's all in your head.

So, to answer your question. As a 30+ year old male, yes, I do need other motivation then just the opposite sex.

Hey, I'm 34 and I like dating much younger women, don't hate. It's "womanish" to want to be in good enough shape to continue doing this? ok...

and seriously, you think woman can't tell the difference between 10% BF with great abs and a doughey 15%? sure, you keep telling yourself that. Honestly, these days, most guys are so fat, a lot of women have never seen a guy with a six pack before so you become something of a novelty.

Never underestimate the shallowness or 20 year old girls.

Great question.

I'll start with a disclaimer: I don't believe in mind over matter. I think that as people, we are lumps of complex material that interact with our environment in predictable ways outside of our control. I.e our mind is subject to the physical state our body is in.

I think that when we eat "bad" foods regularly, our bodies adapt and become used to it. We change physically, making it very hard to break the habit as we crave these bad foods greatly.

Likewise, when we eat "good" food our body also adapts. We begin to crave "good" foods, and bad foods become less appealing.

So, I think the key is consistency. If you eat "good" food consistently, your body will adapt. In time, bad foods will become less and less appealing as your body changes and adapts to good foods - the foods you will be come used to and begin to crave if you eat them enough.

So, for me the key is eating good foods on a consistent basis.

Additionally, think about the environment you're in.

Don't believe your mind can just magically resist temptation.

If temptations are there, you're more likely to give in. Simple as that.

Make the environment that you live in one without negative temptations and I think you're far more likely to see success.

Last edited:
Have a cheat day man...it's easy to stay strict throughout the week when you know you can eat pizza, chocolate and ice cream all day in the near future...been doing this for years and it makes it very easy.

I just eat all the crap food I want until my mouth goes dry and I start to sweat, then I eat whatever is remaining. Having scratched the "crap food" itch and destroyed the evidence the desire is now gone, replaced by a heavy sense of failure and self-loathing. I hate myself. The sense of failure is not just mental, it's physical. Waves of energy ebb and flow as the sugar rush peaks and falls, meanwhile my guts are churning. I feel horrible.

Afterwards, often as I sit on the toilet with gut-wrenching gas and diarrhea, I tell myself - never again.

But a few weeks later, there I am.

The point is, you need to balance the supreme satisfaction that junk food gives you with a deep depression. After the physical symptoms subside I usually last about 10-14 days, sometimes as much as 21 days, on a cautious plateau somewhere between elation and darkness.

I hope this helps.

YMMV.

Great question.

I'll start with a disclaimer: I don't believe in mind over matter. I think that as people, we are lumps of complex material that interact with our environment in predictable ways outside of our control. I.e our mind is subject to the physical state our body is in.

I think that when we eat "bad" foods regularly, our bodies adapt and become used to it. We change physically, making it very hard to break the habit as we crave these bad foods greatly.

Likewise, when we eat "good" food our body also adapts. We begin to crave "good" foods, and bad foods become less appealing.

So, I think the key is consistency. If you eat "good" food consistently, your body will adapt. In time, bad foods will become less and less appealing as your body changes and adapts to good foods - the foods you will be come used to and begin to crave if you eat them enough.

So, for me the key is eating good foods on a consistent basis.

Additionally, think about the environment you're in.

Don't believe your mind can just magically resist temptation.

If temptations are there, you're more likely to give in. Simple as that.

Make the environment that you live in one without negative temptations and I think you're far more likely to see success.

Agree 100% with everything you wrote. After a while you stop even craving crap food, instead craving good food... I know this may sound like BS to some but it actually does happen.

Keys for me are:
Control your food environment - no bad food in the house, much easier to resist if you need to actually get in the car to go buy junk food.

Cook your own meals for dinner and lunch - Find a couple of nice healthy meals you enjoy then cook a crap load of them, put them in plastic containers and freeze them. I only cook once every three weeks or so but when I do, I made 45 meals worth which takes around three hours to make. It also makes it easier to resist shit food as I am lazy and it's easy to just walk over and chuck a healthy meal in the microwave for 5 minutes then it is to go get crap food. Kind of like the frozen diet meals you get at the supermarket but cheaper and much better for you.

Have only healthy snacks in the house - Make sure you have some nuts such as almonds and some frozen mixed berries in the freezer.

Plan your week - Plan your cheat day/carb refeed around your social life. Say you are going out Wednesday and Saturday nights. Plan to eat whatever you like on those nights and eat a 500cal or so deficit on the other nights of the week.

Supplements - get in the habit of taking good quality supplements consistently: whey/casein/fish oil/multi/glucosamine/thermogenic etc. One scoop of ON whey, and one of casein with 600ml of water is quite filling, has lots of BCAAs and only 250 calories is great when cutting.

Probably some other stuff, will add more if I think of it.

Edit: Oh yeah duh:

Consistency - forget going on these "diets" where you eat healthy for a couple of weeks or months and work out like a beast then go back to eating crap and couch surfing. Just aim for being good most of the time and working out a couple of times a week as it's much easier to keep to long term. Diets are bullshit as they are looked at as short term fixes rather than rectifying the problems with your lifestyle that made you a fatty in the first place.

Don't be a bitch - seriously, suck it up princess. You want to be in shape or not? How much do you really want it? enough to work at it or enough to sit around whining about how you wish you fit? ...yeah I know, I should be a motivational speaker.

Last edited:
Cravings are associated with a lack of a vitamin or mineral. Thus giving yourself that micro nutrient will or should solve your craving with out eating what you crave.

Back