how do yall suppress desire for crap foods?

You gave me a good laugh. Sounds jealous to me. If you want to be a fat, lazy fuck like everybody else that pusses out the second things get a little tough, be my guest.

Jealous of someone that can't control themselves at a restaurant or have a piece of cake? What if you go to a wedding or something?

You are like an alcoholic that tells normal people that drink occasionally that they should stop drinking completely. I'm not jealous of alcoholics that don't drink ever because I can control my drinking and enjoy it on occasion...just like I can eat unhealthy things on occasion and not have it negatively effect my health.

Your approach is at best completely unnecessary and at worst a psychologically damaging eating disorder.

Just ate a chicken burger with fries and a wrap from burger king. Come at me.

Jealous of someone that can't control themselves at a restaurant or have a piece of cake? What if you go to a wedding or something?

You are like an alcoholic that tells normal people that drink occasionally that they should stop drinking completely. I'm not jealous of alcoholics that don't drink ever because I can control my drinking and enjoy it on occasion...just like I can eat unhealthy things on occasion and not have it negatively effect my health.

Your approach is at best completely unnecessary and at worst a psychologically damaging eating disorder.

You're right but I do respect his dedication.

He's forgoing one of the most pleasurable parts of his past life in order to achieve his goal and I respect that. But it isn't an act of stoicism that's driven him to his lifestyle but an act of faith that he's doing something superior. It's sad because he could be just as lean and enjoy his ice cream. I commend him though.

You gave me a good laugh. Sounds jealous to me. If you want to be a fat, lazy fuck like everybody else that pusses out the second things get a little tough, be my guest.

What makes you think that enjoying food will make you fat? I'm very lean, and I routinely eat the very foods you restrict. How can you tell someone like me that I'm doing it wrong when my mirror, my scale, my calipers, and my girlfriend tell me that I'm doing it right?

If anything, you are the one who backs out when things get tough. You hide behind your ultra-pure, zen-inducing, chi-balancing foods because you're afraid of your inability to control yourself. It's totally cool with me that your strategy works for you, but don't try to claim that it is the only way, because it isn't. In fact, it's a terrible approach for the vast majority of people.

lol dude you have some serious issues. I'm jealous that you never eat junk food?

whats so tough about it? you're the "pussy" that doesn't have the willpower to moderate your diet :rolleyes: I'm sorry you don't have any friends that want to go out to eat together or invite you to their place. I'm sorry you never celebrate someone's birthday with some cake and that you never get to enjoy ice cream.

Grow the fuck up dude.

Exactly. Thanks.

I use a mental trick that works for me. I tell myself "Nothing tastes as good as being inside of a hot woman feels." For me, that is motivation enough to control my bad eating habits to make sure I look my best.

But there are always ways to make your favorite "bad" foods better. I make fake fried rice by using brown rice, chopped carrots, peas, and a fried egg. I prepare the brown rice (1 cup prepared) in boiling water, then when that is finished I set it aside, I heat up a skillet using the 5 setting on my stove top, use no calorie cooking spray on the skillet, drop in the egg and fry it until its ready, turn the heat down to a 3, drop in the carrots and peas until they are warm, chop the egg, add the rice and turn it over, then I top it with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, continue to turn, and I have a small plate full of "fried" rice ringing in at 300 calories.

To eat clean, you don't have to go "without"...if you have a sweet tooth and want to avoid unnecessary carbs, try some fresh berrys (low GI) and some cool whip. A cup of raspberries with 2 tablespoons of cool whip will only cost you 90 calories.

And when in doubt...drink water!

^^^ This is a good post about making substitution. I like burgers a lot and I found some cheap turkey burgers at Aldi that are delicious and low calorie. I make pizzas on tortillas. I make chili dogs with turkey hot dogs that comes out to be low calorie. I love wraps so I buy these 80 calorie whole wheat ones. And I don't eat as much during the day so that I can have nice big dinners with things I like. And if that isn't satisfying I have two free meals a week. I don't really ever feel deprived doing this.

Great ideas with the substitutions. I really like doing things like that. Faux fried chicken, the tortilla pizza mentioned, pancakes with oatmeal and cottage cheese. There was a thread up once full of ideas and people looking for ideas. I'm sad that died out

youre focusing on the wrong issue. simply just dont eat unhealthy food. and dont be a weak minded person and think the perceived lack of desire or asking for support here should accomplish anything.

youre focusing on the wrong issue. simply just dont eat unhealthy food. and dont be a weak minded person and think the lack of desire desire or asking for support here should accomplish anything.

That sounds boring.

I use a mental trick that works for me. I tell myself "Nothing tastes as good as being inside of a hot woman feels." For me, that is motivation enough to control my bad eating habits to make sure I look my best.

But there are always ways to make your favorite "bad" foods better. I make fake fried rice by using brown rice, chopped carrots, peas, and a fried egg. I prepare the brown rice (1 cup prepared) in boiling water, then when that is finished I set it aside, I heat up a skillet using the 5 setting on my stove top, use no calorie cooking spray on the skillet, drop in the egg and fry it until its ready, turn the heat down to a 3, drop in the carrots and peas until they are warm, chop the egg, add the rice and turn it over, then I top it with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, continue to turn, and I have a small plate full of "fried" rice ringing in at 300 calories.

To eat clean, you don't have to go "without"...if you have a sweet tooth and want to avoid unnecessary carbs, try some fresh berrys (low GI) and some cool whip. A cup of raspberries with 2 tablespoons of cool whip will only cost you 90 calories.

And when in doubt...drink water!

LOL! But good recipe, I'm gonna try that one.

Live by yourself and only go grocery shopping on a full stomach. The biggest motivator I have to not eat shit foods is when there aren't any around. And zero snack foods. I buy specific foods for specific meals and I only eat during those meal times. I don't buy any anything to drink, aside from milk. I also rarely go to restaurants, usually only when I'm dating. And in those cases I'm more occupied by the woman than the food so I pick something relatively good for me.

Last edited:
I simply just don't buy junk food unless there is a party or something. When I go on trips I eat at fast food restaurants but after the first day or so I'm just simply sick of it so I switch to healthier restaurants. Family is full of hunters and fishermen so I don't lack for moose, bear, halibut, etc to eat. Right now the freezer is at an all time low so we have about 30 meals of moose meat left.
The only thing I usually drink is milk, water, or chocolate milk. On rare occasions I drink fresh coconut juice; best stuff ever.

Live by yourself and only go grocery shopping on a full stomach. The biggest motivator I have to not eat shit foods is when there aren't any around. And zero snack foods. I buy specific foods for specific meals and I only eat during those meal times. I don't buy any anything to drink, aside from milk. I also rarely go to restaurants, usually only when I'm dating. And in those cases I'm more occupied by the woman than the food so I pick something relatively good for me.

This. If junk food isn't really in your place the temptation isn't going to really be there. Also, I really enjoy cooking so that really helps me from eating crap food. I'll still have beer a couple times a week, but that sums it up.

This. If junk food isn't really in your place the temptation isn't going to really be there. Also, I really enjoy cooking so that really helps me from eating crap food. I'll still have beer a couple times a week, but that sums it up.

Unfortunately this isn't realistic for a lot of people. If you live by yourself, obviously you can do this. If you live with others, it isn't always so easy to eliminate junk food from your house.

I kinda go by the same rules as this... I figure if I buy healthy foods then I'm forced to eat healthy because I tend to nip to the shops on my way home from the gym and buy stuff fresh for my meals, and not in abundance, that way I know that if I don't eat it in a short timeframe it'll go off and be wasted and no one likes to be wasteful! Simple but effective, even when there's other people in the house and sh*t food lying about to tempt me this seems to do the job.

On top of this I then cook my meals in batches to last me for the next couple of days again knowing if they don't eat eaten they'd get binned! At the same time as cooking main meals I usually stick an extra chicken breast or two in the oven and either coat it in spices or grab one of those shake and bake type coatings that in reality are extremely tasty but don't contain crap so I have some daytime snacks kinda like popcorn chicken but healthier if you will and then I can nibble at them through the day if I get peckish and work them into my daily meal plans, it helps towards my protein intake and kills two birds with one stone.

The alternative if I'm being lazy or time is short is chocolate protein shakes... If you find a brand that you like the taste of that's zero/minimal carbs/fats (ie isolate) then I find it curbs my cravings for sweet stuff without really being bad for me.

I think the main key in reality is to plan meals in advance, set yourself a meal plan and prep them in plastic tubs you can chuck in the fridge and then just nuke them in the microwave as and when you need. Healthy doesn't necessarily mean boring!

I read all the pages but I am not sure what the overall conclusion is on avoiding shit foods?

Is it eating smaller portions? Is it "one cheat meal a week"? Is it "not getting over 1500 cal per cheat"? Is it never eating shit foods ever and viewing it as drugs addiction?

What I know from experience if I restrict myself, at some point, I binge. I will eat 450g of M&Ms, or a pizza from domino's AND cinnastix..

Yeah if you're any good at cooking good food tastes MUCH better than shitty food.

Just the smell of McDonalds (that telltale "they didn't change the fryer oil and it's started to turn" aroma) make me mildly nauseous.

I've slummed it while on the road or across the country before and afterwards came to the conclusion that I would have been better off going hungry and drinking water because of how my stomach felt after slumming it.

Man on the road where i train not so far near that stadium there is this effin mac do place imagine you've been running for two hours and then there is the smell of fryed food , hell sometimes i can even see those nuggets and royal cheese just freshly cooked i don't know what they add in it but it does take some nerves to resist.

Once there was that guy taking breakfast and sipping his orange juice the guy looked at me running by the window like :well fool , that one is for you!

Back