how do you feel about this dream main card?

jackleeb

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Jon Jones vs Tom Aspinall
Alex Pereira vs Magomed Ankalaev
Khamzat Chimaev vs Shavkat Rakhmonov
Leon Edwards vs Islam Makhachev
Ilia Topuria vs Sean O'Malley

Its a great, banger card no doubt, but I'd prefer if Islam, Edwards, Topuria and Omalley defend more in their divisions rather than have all the divisions clogged up with all these 2 division champ fights

Its a great, banger card no doubt, but I'd prefer if Islam, Edwards, Topuria and Omalley defend more in their divisions rather than have all the divisions clogged up with all these 2 division champ fights

if these fighters fight, we can finally end the "what if" debates. the absolute best fighter in the world right now, skill-for-skill, in or around their weight classes.

ufc 299 destroyed the benoit st-denis and jailton almeida hype trains, anthony joshua ended the ngannou hypetrain (proved the obvious that boxers > mma in boxing)

now the only real heavyweight threats are jon jones and tom aspinall for best fighter on the planet, maybe ever (fedor is goat but he was smaller and had lots of losses past his prime)

looks like shit.
Jon Jones vs Ngannou
alex peireira vs tom aspinal
dricus vs adesanya
Leon vs Islam
topuria vs ortega

Totally. That's the way a good fight league operates.

looks like shit.
Jon Jones vs Ngannou
alex peireira vs tom aspinal
dricus vs adesanya
Leon vs Islam
topuria vs ortega

not bad.

but:
- ngannou getting knocked the fuck out in boxing makes him seem human in mma. i know they are two different sports, but him being unresponsive on the canvas lowers the hype of jones vs ngannou
- alex would lose against tom is what majority of people think. lopsided because tom would just take alex to deep waters (alex is elite in striking but his grappling is basically non-existent)
- dricus barely won against sean (lots of people even think sean won). you can't say you are champion with your face bruised up like that; you have to be dominant. adesanya lost again strickland and alex pereira, stylebender hype is lower than what it was in the past
- ortega who? lost to volk, rodriguez, and max holloway

Back