Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - They just sucked

• 2 - They sucked donkey dick

• 1 - They fucking sucked

• Total voters
I also really liked the documentary about the band titled Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me which is now free on YouTube:

Honestly never heard of them. Didn’t hear them in Australia in the late 80s and they were gone from radio stations in the US by the 90s. Then again I wasn’t a big fan of 70s music when I was young so maybe I tuned them out or changed the station when they popped on…

I feel like we're in the bunker on Lost with the "greatest hits" albums of bands nobody recognizes.
Honestly, I've enjoyed listening to their greatest hits albums more than some better known bands, because their catalogue is pretty deep. I had no idea who they were until about 10-15 years ago, but once I found out, I recognized their greatness. But to each their own...

I’ve never heard of them, but I’m always up for some new music even if it’s just new to me so I’ll check it out!

Voted 8- Great band. Very influential. Been a fan for quite a while. I bought myself this shirt years ago for Christmas:

MhmgOb7.jpg

I first heard of them when This Mortal Coil covered a few of their songs on It'll End in Tears.

One of the greats. Alex Chilton was very underrated & to a certain extent, self-sabotaged his career.

They have some good songs but none of their music really impressed me to be honest. Also Rolling Stone magazine has lost alot of their credibility in music ranking..... Go see their updated list of great songs of all time its fucken garbage.

Also speaking of Alex Chilton I always like this tune from the Replacements

Last edited:
The vast majority seems to have no f ing clue who they are.

I looked at your. Posted songs of theirs and honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard a single one of thier songs before and I have always listed to music of that era.

Influential to the music world of the time? That’s gonna be a no from me dawg..

Honestly, I've enjoyed listening to their greatest hits albums more than some better known bands, because their catalogue is pretty deep. I had no idea who they were until about 10-15 years ago, but once I found out, I recognized their greatness. But to each their own...
I'll give them a listen. You're known for good taste, Jackie.

The vast majority seems to have no f ing clue who they are.

I looked at your. Posted songs of theirs and honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard a single one of thier songs before and I have always listed to music of that era.

Influential to the music world of the time? That’s gonna be a no from me dawg..
Within the alternative rock world, they were absolutely influential. Even Kiss said they were a big influence on them.
In 2014, Paul Stanley cited Big Star as an influence to early Kiss moments: "We've always been about verses, choruses, bridges (...) It's called a hook for a reason, because it grabs you. And that's my mentality. Give me the Raspberries. Give me Small Faces. Give me Big Star."
https://web.archive.org/web/2018032...-of-feuds-and-fury-20140326?page=3&print=true

Back