How I Scored Grasso vs. Shevchenko II

Yes, I agree with TS. Grasso should have won but oh well.

" I am okay with the draw." people need to stop saying this.

I understand it feels fair, because it was a close fight, but how we got there was fucked.

That judge could have given that last round to anybody, and nobody would be questioning it.
I can see why people thought Val or Grasso won that last round.

But to put a 10-8... Just wow.

The balls, or the stupidity, or the straight cold blood you need to do that is almost impressive.

It shouldn't be accepted. It's absurd, and it's the reason we got a draw.

Five unanswered knees to the skull > one elbow to the corner of the eye skin.

There was 6 knees, 2 of them hit Val's shoulder, 1 of them grasso landed on her own arm, and 2 were to the back of the head, only one landed clean. Go watch that sequence again.

Look at actually how those knees landed, and not listen to the roar of the crowd at Grasso for throwing wild inaccurate knees.

There was 6 knees, 2 of them hit Val's shoulder, 1 of them grasso landed on her own arm, and 2 were to the back of the head, only one landed clean. Go watch that sequence again.

Look at actually how those knees landed, and not listen to the roar of the crowd at Grasso for throwing wild inaccurate knees.

Shevchenko quit in the first fight. failed to win the second fight.

Grasso > Shevechenko

Yeah you're looking at things from an optics point of view. Valentina could win the entire round except one exchange and you'd say she lost the round Well, you're wrong.
4-1 Valentina and the fact that they gave Grasso a 10-8 in a round she was losing for 3 minutes should be all we're talking about here. That was a corrupt robbery, period.

I had it 2-2 with round 5 as a coin flip

How insecure must your punk ass be, that you "get jealous" of the fact I can make a for superior post than you could ever dream to make.

Your insecurity or my narcissism?

Probably lots of both <Lmaoo>

I think it's more of you being ridiculously fucking stupid more than anything, attention whore kiddo

I think it's more of you being ridiculously fucking stupid more than anything, attention whore kiddo

Who gives two shits what you think?

Your chosen handle, plus the "green hat", tells anyone, with a brain, you are (ahem) "aberrant."

Hope your "medical cocktails" are still working for you ...

Who gives two shits what you think?

Your chosen handle, plus the "green hat", tells anyone, with a brain, you are (ahem) "aberrant."

Hope your "medical cocktails" are still working for you ...

Exactly, no one cares what I think.

News flash, Nancy... no one cares about what you think either!

Yet your dumb ass had to make your own non original thread, with non original opinions, when there was already 4 of the same thread type on the front page. Doing retarded, narcissistic shit like that tells me all I'd need to know about a person.

You aren't special, neither are your opinions, and no one cares.

Exactly, no one cares what I think.

News flash, Nancy... no one cares about what you think either!

Yet your dumb ass had to make your own non original thread, with non original opinions, when there was already 4 of the same thread type on the front page. Doing retarded, narcissistic shit like that tells me all I'd need to know about a person.

You aren't special, neither are your opinions, and no one cares.

I suppose then, anyone who writes "an article" — or who creates "a thread topic" — is a narcissist?

By default, this entire fight forum is predicated upon people "posting their opinions on fights" ... to keep the forum going.

If everyone thought as you did, no one could post a single thread topic, for fear of "you" nipping at their heels calling them "a narcissist" for having the audacity to post an opinion of "a fight" ... on a fight forum.

You have to be one of the most pathetic posters I've ever seen. Say nothing useful about the topic, but attack a poster (on a fight forum) for posting "an opinion" about a fight.

And, BTW, I am special, and many people do care about my very accurate opinions <45>

It came down to round 4 to me. It was a very close fight. You had the knees from Grasso but Val got a cut. I thought Val won the round because the scoring criteria is "impact" and she had more impact with the cut .

Unfortunately, it was round 5 that determined the fight since one judge gave it 10-8. If he would have went 10-9, Val would have won the title. This is the official text of a 10-8 round:

A 10 – 8 Round in MMA is where one fighter wins the round by a large margin. A 10 – 8 round in MMA is not the most common score a judge will render, but it is absolutely essential to the evolution of the sport and the fairness to the fighters that judges understand and effectively utilize the score of 10 – 8. A score of 10 – 8 does not require a fighter to dominate their opponent for 5 minutes of a round. The score of 10 – 8 is utilized by the judge when the judge sees verifiable actions on the part of either fighter. Judges shall ALWAYS give a score of 10 – 8 when the judge has established that one fighter has dominated the action of the round, had duration of the domination and also impacted their opponent with either effective strikes or effective grappling maneuvers that have diminished the abilities of their opponent. Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter shows dominance in the round even though no impactful scoring against the opponent was achieved. MMA is an offensive based sport. No scoring is given for defensive maneuvers. Using smart, tactically sound defensive maneuvers allows the fighter to stay in the fight and to be competitive. Dominance of a round can be seen in striking when the losing fighter continually attempts to defend, with no counters or reaction taken when openings present themselves. Dominance in the grappling phase can be seen by fighters taking DOMINANT POSITIONS in the fight and utilizing those positions to attempt fight ending submissions or attacks. If a fighter has little to no offensive output during a 5 minute round, it should be normal for the judge to consider awarding the losing fighter 8 points instead of 9. Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter IMPACTS their opponent significantly in a round even though they do not dominate the action. Effectiveness in striking or grappling which leads to a diminishing of a fighter’s energy, confidence, abilities and spirit. All of these come as a direct result of negative impact. When a fighter is hurt with strikes, showing a lack of control or ability, these can be defining moments in the fight. If a judge sees that a fighter has been significantly damaged in the round the judge should CONSIDER the score of 10 – 8.

So based on that, an argument could be made that round 5 was a 10-8 round. The problem is, you could say the same about round 3 for Val.

Just a mess all around. Not a robbery but it shows the flaw of MMA scoring when you have a competitive fight. 10-8 scoring is still too confusing.

I suppose then, anyone who writes "an article" — or who creates "a thread topic" — is a narcissist?

By default, this entire fight forum is predicated upon people "posting their opinions on fights" ... to keep the forum going.

If everyone thought as you did, no one could post a single thread topic, for fear of "you" nipping at their heels calling them "a narcissist" for having the audacity to post an opinion of "a fight" ... on a fight forum.

You have to be one of the most pathetic posters I've ever seen. Say nothing useful about the topic, but attack a poster (on a fight forum) for posting "an opinion" about a fight.

And, BTW, I am special, and many people do care about my very accurate opinions <45>

Not special, and no one cares.

Not special, and no one cares.

jerkoff.gif

Good breakdown, I saw it the same way. Nice post.

Yeah I'll be interested in watching rd 5 again. Grasso was almost conceding defeat while Valentina pelted her with jabs. Val was really putting on a boxing lesson for 4 minutes then the takedown came.
Lol @ 4 minutes. It was 2.5 minutes at most of just jabs.
Also lol @ “then the takedown came” more like Val went for her usual head-arm throw to lay n pray and it failed just like the last time.

I think Grasso arguably won 3 rounds. The end of R5 was very telling. Shevchenko looked like she was folding, like she had little to nothing left. I don’t think I’m exaggerating to say with another minute, Grasso would have submitted her again.

Lol I knew the shev fanbois were silly, but they have proven to be full blown retards

I think Val rounds 1&3
Grasso rounds 2&5
Round 4 10-10

Draw.

Lol @ 4 minutes. It was 2.5 minutes at most of just jabs.
Also lol @ “then the takedown came” more like Val went for her usual head-arm throw to lay n pray and it failed just like the last time.

Yeah thats what I meant she went in for a sloppy takedown attempt. Those jabs were marking Grasso up and landing clean. Idk why people act like those mean nothing. They are scoring punches.

Back