How Many Of You Get Music On Vinyl?

raty tat tat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been thinking about starting to get records
again myself and was curious how many of
you correct records.

Also what would be a good turntable to get?

Nope.
I had a hand me down collection of vinyl - about 5 bankers boxes full. Beatles, Elvis, Elton john, little richard, Motown, zeppelin....

Shit got lost in a move. At the time the response was this shit is worthless- get cds... hahah. Who knew.

yes-sir, im that hipster douche

Good turn tables to look into for beginners-mid range are pro-ject and some audio technica's

Welcome to the world of vinyl! It's the shit. I'd second @UberKneeOf209 's suggestion of a pro-ject, they are solid. Audio Technicas are also great.

Used decks can be great but are a bit of crapshoot. If you can find a nice, *serviced* Dual, those are also quality turntables.

What is your budget?

Not as much as I used to (former turntablist here), but I love vinyl and still buy from time to time.
Not new releases though, I only dig for the old shit. Love spend hours in basements or charity shops

I still rock a 1210

Welcome to the world of vinyl! It's the shit. I'd second @UberKneeOf209 's suggestion of a pro-ject, they are solid. Audio Technicas are also great.

Used decks can be great but are a bit of crapshoot. If you can find a nice, *serviced* Dual, those are also quality turntables.

What is your budget?

Between 100 and 200 dollars.

Have a turntable and have some records... but I never really use them. I bought them more for collection purposes.

I try to find obscure shit nobody cares about on vinyl. I got The Black Belles record for $3 on Discogs last night. There's a couple of real good tracks on there but I mostly bought it cos I really like the cover

CS441782-01A-BIG.jpg

Between 100 and 200 dollars.

I'd probably look at the Audio Technicas. Just make sure you *DON'T* run it via bluetooth or via a USB. That will digitize the signal and destroy the analog magic, rendering the whole reason to get a TT, moot.

smh, I still have over 300 vinyl LPs dating back to the 60s (ya I'm old) including first presses of
Cream, Beatles and Traffic.
Not to mention the full catalog of Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd.

Buy a used one for that kind of money, far better deals to be had.

Better deals but the greater risk of getting a fucked up deck. Have to make sure to get it from a reputable repair shop who will warrant the work. A $200 AT deck is a solid machine that will work perfectly for a beginner's TT.

If raty tat tat can stretch $3 beyond $200, a Pro-Ject Elemental would be a good choice, ready to go right out of the box:

Amazon Link Here

What Hi-Fi? review here

I own a VT-E, which is based on the Elemental, and it's a decent deck. The Elemental looks kinda cool too...

love vinyl! have an ever growing collection and actually ordered a bunch from Iron Lung Records today! I have a youtube channel where i upload my records playing... Buying new vinyl can actually be a good investment too. If you get in early and scoop the rarest variant of releases you can resell for a markup, sometimes large...

Yup I got into it earlier this year. I bought a Rega Planar 1 paired with a Schiit Mani pre-amp. Not the cheapest set-up (bit over $500) but a good audiophile entry point. I really enjoy coming home after work, cracking a beer or sparking a bowl then toss on some vinyl. The sound is amazing especially on quality pressed records.

Discogs.com has been my main source for records. I'm mostly collecting early 90's rap albums and ep's right now but will branch out further as time goes on.

I’m an old school raver with about 10,000 dance music records ranging from trance, house, drum and bass, jungle, reggae , dub,dubstep,underground hip hop, breaks, scratch records.

Back