How many PPVs would Reyes vs Jan for the vacant title sell?

Sorry man, I was the first post and I hate that meme.
I also don’t post about Artem being GOAT or Chael being undefeated. I have standards, sir.
Your Sherdog membership has been revoked
tenor.gif

This decision is final..

Last edited:
A measly 125k buys.
Dana should start rebuilding the division and make Reyes vs Jan ESPN free card and add Joe B vs Deiveson Fegueiredo as co main. Bring new viewers to the divisions new champs.

Perrichet and his crew are going to buy it, for sure. Guaranteed.

a large amount
bigger than either of them vs jones by themselves imo . Jones can take the winner

Last edited:
100K? 125K?

UFC and Dana should swallow their pride, cough up the cash, and give the GOAT the money he deserves.
View attachment 773361

Those numbes are deflated because of the ESPN plus requirement. We don't actually know what a good buyrate is anymore. But after 2015(when PPV's plummented) Jones was the only fighter unrelated to Conor who could still break 400k buys which went from mediocre to incredible overnight. A lot of people act like DC's a bigger star but Jones's numbers without DC were higher than vice e versa even when DC was fighting fucking Stipe in an alleged "super fight".

Outside of Conor and Khabib(possibly Masvidal) Jones is the biggest PPV star in the co. I don't find the Jan matchup intriguing like I didn't find the Smith one intruiging(thought Gus rematch and Santos were be good fights beforehand) but after putting on two exciting fights in a row his numbers should be better. Also regardless Jones's numbers are almost certainly better than any champ not named Khabib(there's like 12 of those) and it's probably not even close either.

A lot of people going after Jones's inability to sell are doing it based on how things looked 5 years ago. But even then besides Conor, Brock, Rhonda and GSP Jones's numbers were still far superior to other champs.

The secret is to stack the cards well. Dana needs to stop with a fight every other week.

I only pay for the good shit.....

Jones's lowest PPV numbers were against OSP(obvious reasons) and for the Gus and Glover fights. Both those numbers were cause those matchups were not the ones fans wanted at the time. People wanted the Machida rematch instead of Gus(yes people were begging for that), and wanted the Gus rematch instead of Glover. Other than that he was always 400k+,500k+(the gold standard for non Conor, Rhonda, Lesnar draws) which is better numbers than any champ except Khabib(whose biggest draw had more to do with Conor).

Stipe v DC did 350k same as them fighting seperatley on same cards. Most champs were in the 200ks if they were lucky.

The only time Jones was considered a bad draw was early in his career and that was only cause LHW's who weren't champ who he was beating(Rampage, Evans)had better numbers. Where were AS's great numbers(GSP's numbers were better then but his big matchups and Jones's have done similar)? Until the end of his reign they were pretty bad(think his Chael rematch was the only widely anticipated fight he ever had) and that was at a time when PPV's doing 500k+ was no big deal.

Jones ESPN plus numbers are probably bad, but they are also probably the best in the company outside of Conor and the people who casual audiences know from fighting Conor(outside of Masvidal it wouldn't be close). Jones isn't unknown to casual audiences and there is a gap between him and everyone else in the promotion.

Also look at the cards Jones has gotten good numbers with. His fights haven't been supported by other anticipated fights(the Smith card would be an exception)and that's partly cause he's one of the only champs who you have that luxury with. Part of why the UFC 151 card was weak enough it had to be cancelled without Jones.

Stupid move if they let Jones go. So many crybaby whiney nerds on Sherdog.

They are driving me insane. They want to hurt their favorite sport just because of salt. Can't see Jones beat in the Octagon so their going to celebrate him leaving it.

It would sell the same as JBJ vs Blachowitz for the title. Casuals don't know or care and there is no storyline.

Very very few. The dust will settle on all this and then a few months Jones will be defending the title again.

Stupid move if they let Jones go. So many crybaby whiney nerds on Sherdog.
He’s not going anywhere. Why in the world would they even think about letting him go? So Bellator can scoop him right up and put on some main events that will attract main stream attention. It’s not happening.

I’m failing to see the upside to losing the LHW GOAT but Sherdoggers have their torches and pitchforks clamoring as if it’s the right move for the division.
UFC is the best organization on the planet. So you can’t have the best fighter on the planet not competing in that organization. At one time maybe that was Fedor. But the UFC did all they could to sign him numerous times. Jones is not going anywhere.

I don't feel people get the PPV scale of the past is dead and everyones PPV numbers suck outside of Conor or people casuals know fighting him. Just by affilation with the Jones situation(who is the next most famous MMA fighter) this card likely does somewhat better numbers.

UFC receives a sum equal to what was 500k PPV's regardless of buyrate. Aside from Conor v Cerrone, Masvidal v Diaz, the COVID PPV and possibly some of the Jones fights entirely possible no UFC card has broken 200k and a good many likely haven't broken 100k since we stopped getting the rates leaked.

Back