How many times will Aspinall defend the interim belt?

I admit that I am dumb and fat and maybe I'm asking for a EIL5, but apart from this image having the iconography of "gotcha", I really don't understand the point of it. Asking honestly and respectfully that you kindly explain to a lay person who is a virgin and eats only Fritos what the takeaway point of this image is? ❤️

It’s an advanced combination of strawmanning in an argument and playing with dolls.

See, people that don’t agree with him are stupid and ugly, and people that do are smart and awesome. The words he made his paper dolls say say so.

The interim champ is facing the higher ranked opponent coming off a win. The “real” champ is fighting a guy coming off a loss that hasn’t fight in over 3 years and hasn’t won in 4. Everybody with any sense sees what’s going on here.

Aspinall will defend his title twice before Jones defends his "title" once.

who cares
if you have the best resume and the most hardest competition

no one really cares bro
Except his resume is shit at heavyweight

The current situation is like if Volkanovski beat Chandler for the lightweight belt after Khabib retired, and then refused to give Islam Makhachev a title shot

He'll defend it 4 times and lose the fight for the "real" belt so he won't break stipes record.

He's only going to defend it once if Jones doesn't get injured a 2nd time after Stipe.

Except his resume is shit at heavyweight

The current situation is like if Volkanovski beat Chandler for the lightweight belt after Khabib retired, and then refused to give Islam Makhachev a title shot
The problem with comparing fighters to Jones is that all but maybe 1-2 are pale shadows in comparison.

And his resume, even at heavyweight, is 1-0 against the number 1 ranked guy. I wouldn’t call that shit.

Right now Jon Dana and Stipe are trying to make a little moolah.

At the end of the day, that's what it is. Even if Tom deserves it and it would be the logical fight from a "Tom deserves it" pov, casuals don't care about British Tom. There's no money there.

People whining and crying on Sherdog doesn't change the fact that it is all about making some $$ and once they realize it, they might make peace with it.

The funny thing about this story is that Jon is claiming that he wants to face Miocic because he is the record holder and when that record holder is Aspinall I want to see it LOL

The problem with comparing fighters to Jones is that all but maybe 1-2 are pale shadows in comparison.

And his resume, even at heavyweight, is 1-0 against the number 1 ranked guy. I wouldn’t call that shit.
When that number 1 ranked guy didn't deserve the spot in the first place, it's hard to take seriously. Is a quick submission over Gane shit? No. It's hardly an amazing feat though. There's a reason Gane won't fight grapplers with any real takedown ability.

When that number 1 ranked guy didn't deserve the spot in the first place, it's hard to take seriously. Is a quick submission over Gane shit? No. It's hardly an amazing feat though. There's a reason Gane won't fight grapplers with any real takedown ability.

Oh man, it’s so crazy that it’s so easy to submit gane in the first couple minutes. How mediocre jones is for doing it and how embarrassing for anyone else that didn’t.

Oh man, it’s so crazy that it’s so easy to submit gane in the first couple minutes. How mediocre jones is for doing it and how embarrassing for anyone else that didn’t.
Hard for others to do it when Gane actively avoids fighters with that skillset.

Back