Aspinall is RIGHT

He needs to prove he can beat jds. Mark hunt of Bigfoot Silva to show he can beat some of the greatest hw ever. Or even arlovski…

I think he did fight arlovski which took Tom to his longest fight ever …

The jones hate really make some of you the worse snow ❄️

Blind Jones hate detected lol...

Why would strip Jones? It hasnt even been that long and Jones vs Stipe has alot more ramifications legacy wise for both guys then Aspinall...

I dont get what's so hard about the situation...

Aspinall is in a fantastic position...he either fights Jones after Jones beats Stipe and Tom has a chance at beating a two division GOAT ...

Or

Tom fights Stipe after Stipe becomes the guy to beat Jones... and Tom takes that accolade if beats Stipe ..

Or option 3.

Both Jones and Stipe Retire and Tom becomes undisputed HW champion and ushers in a new era of the HW division against Gane or Almeida or whoever rises to the top, maybe even welcomes back Francis to the UFC in a few years if that happens...who knows..

Either way if im Tom im just staying sharp and ready and sitting pretty...no matter what Toms in position to be undisputed champion at some point or atleast get a shot at being it...
If it where any body else they wouldn't care so much but because it jon jones.

Stipe hasn't won a fight in 3 1/2 years and was flatlined in his last fight. He has no business in any title fight. So no, Aspinall isn't right.

Jones will NEVER fight Aspinall. That’s why the UFC kept Stipe highly ranked.

The UFC is kissing Jones’ ass. Like they always have. The favourtism they’ve shown the guy is only equalled by the crap they’ve done for Conor.

Hoping for the ultimate cosmic justice, and Stipe flatlining that cheating lowlife.

You just know Jon will beat Aspinall and then the “Tom was never any good” posts will start.

Should NOT of made Aspinall a champ. Easy peasy

Exactly. In all this wah-wah-wah about Aspinall and how the UFC are doing him dirty, we're forgetting that under normal circumstances there wouldn't have been an interim title made at all. C'mon, only a couple of weeks after the champ gets injured?

Honestly, the organization's real sleaziness with Aspinall was getting him involved. If Aspinall had lost we'd be crying how unfair it was for him to be yanked in on short notice, injured and not having been in the gym, to fight someone who as designated backup had ample preparation. His shot at a title wasted, just so Dana could promise the ripped-off ticket holders there would still be heavyweight gold to be had...

But good on Aspinall, he won the bout that otherwise would have been the contender fight in the future.

I completely agree but I don’t think Jones and UFC want that fight to happen because if Aspinall happens to win, it further exposes the manufactured value of a HW Jones and Jones-Miocic fight, and leaves Jones to fight the #1 HW or look like a clown.

I still don't understand why Dana and the UFC are bending over backwards for Jones. I guess they realize they don't have many stars and will do anything to make him happy.

Still, he's not some huge draw and he's burned the UFC several times. It's just odd that they are making a joke out of the HW division just do this.

Aspinall should be fighting Jones next. If Jones is injured, it should be Gane. Stipe is at least 2 fights away from a title shot. If Stipe wants to keep fighting, he should be fighting guys like Pavlovich or Blaydes.

The only fight that should be next is Aspinall vs Stipe who even knows if Jones will fight again. Stipe says he will fight Aspinall after he beats Jones if he is so confident Aspinall would be a great tune up fight for him and then he can fight jones if he comes back.

100%. Stipe is ready to go. Put him up against who everyone knows is the best guy in the division. If Stipe wins you've got the same fight they were angling before. If Tom wins Jones has the ultimate test for (probably) his last fight.

Exactly. In all this wah-wah-wah about Aspinall and how the UFC are doing him dirty, we're forgetting that under normal circumstances there wouldn't have been an interim title made at all. C'mon, only a couple of weeks after the champ gets injured?

Honestly, the organization's real sleaziness with Aspinall was getting him involved. If Aspinall had lost we'd be crying how unfair it was for him to be yanked in on short notice, injured and not having been in the gym, to fight someone who as designated backup had ample preparation. His shot at a title wasted, just so Dana could promise the ripped-off ticket holders there would still be heavyweight gold to be had...

But good on Aspinall, he won the bout that otherwise would have been the contender fight in the future.

I think they made Aspinall vs Pavlovich an interim champ fight was to satisfy contractual requirements to ESPN to deliver XX title fights last year.

Aspinall vs Stipe is a joke. I don't like Jones but if you're going to call him out for cherrypicking old Stipe you'd have to do the same thing with Tom. Blaydes vs Alemida is right around the corner and the winner will probably be ready shortly after

It doesn't matter what Aspinall thinks. People that haven't done shit don't get to make the calls. They take what they are given until they have earned something worthy of being taken. As Islam has recently talked about, great fighters need opponents that give them some motivation to work for.

Aspinall has nothing of value for Jon Jones to take from him so there is absolutely no reason for him to even think about that as a potential fight. Stipe has the most HW title defenses in UFC history so beating him adds another scalp of a UFC Champion to the unrivaled stack he has already collected.
Jones title is no longer undisputed.

Aspinalls interim title means it's disputed and he should get a shot, Aspinalls fighting dangerous contenders like Sergei doing the real Champ work while Jones is trying to drag out the corpse of Stipe who hasn't won a fight in four years and should've been dropped from the rankings.

Stipe Vs Jones should just be for a BMF belt since both guys are gonna likely retire after so the division should move on.

Back