How much better is DDP's cardio because of his nose?

Never had cardio issues it just looked like he did as due to sinus issues he always breathed out of mouth - I had same problem (not a fighter but noatrils were blocked due to septim deviation) . His cardio has gotten even better since surgery but was never an issue before. Was just an issue due to announcers not knowing the situation and just seeing him breathe from mouth a calling him gassed but he never slowed.
Did you get yours fixed?

I've always theorized that being able to breathe aids in prolonged strenuous physical activity.

I've always theorized that being able to breathe aids in prolonged strenuous physical activity.
I had my septum repaired twice. The second time with cartilage from my ear. It certainly helps when eating food and allows you to taste things properly again.
Fun fact: Bite into an onion with your nose plugged. Tastes just like an apple... until you let go of your nose!!

He puts a lot of power into his punches, that definitely takes a toll on cardio/endurance. I think his style has more to do with gassing than the nose issue.

I feel people are over thinking his performance against Rob. Acting like new nose DDP is different. He really doesn't have bad cardio. More optically. I have a deviated septum from kick boxing and when I run I only use my nose which actually helps my cardio. I use to be a tool and have the Wandy mask but my nose is so fucked it works just as well. Till should never win a round against a champ.

1) This isn’t about you. Idiot

2) DDP lives and trains at altitude

3) Fixed nose can only help

Yeah it was like a whole new world after.
I can’t breathe in through my left nostril at all. I’m not sure if it’s a deviated septum or a collapsed nostril. Most times I don’t notice but other times I feel like I’m suffocating slowly. I think I am going to look into getting it fixed.

Back