How much weight does Conor McGregor cut?

rodkek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He seems to have a small waist and was talking about having a "long slow weight cut" during his last camp aka basically just losing weight instead of cutting, how much does Conor weigh when he walks inside the cage? He couldn't possibly mean that hes 155 right now and doesnt cut anything, right?
4VbMVMt.png

He seems to have a small waist and was talking about having a "long slow weight cut" during his last camp aka basically just losing weight instead of cutting, how much does Conor weigh when he walks inside the cage? He couldn't possibly mean that hes 155 right now and doesnt cut anything, right?
4VbMVMt.png

I dont know but he is on twitter and instagram more than he's training I think at this point

who weighs more?

Attachments

• Conorbeta.png
    Conorbeta.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 32
I wouldn't take anything that Conor tweets/posts seriously.

I mean, he's sitting in a car talking about how much he weighs. If he were serious, he'd at least post a photo of him on a scale.

He doesn't miss weight though.

I doubt he'd give Poirier a near 30 pound size edge in the cage, Dustin has been 183 in the cage. Conor's been 167 in the cage in the past for many fights post his FW days. Long slow weight cut probably means cutting just a few pounds of water. That means he'd be 165 at most in the cage.

As far as I remember, the SBG guys cut enormous weight. I was talking to a guy who fought Cathal Pendred on the regional scene one time and he said between the weigh in and the fight he seemed to triple in size. McGregor never looked undersized, and he bulked a lot before lightweight I think. He went from a big featherweight to a big lightweight.

4VbMVMt.png
McGregor had to extremely dehydrate himself to step on the scale at 145. Look at the pictures below. The last two are Sodiq Yusuff and Alexander Volkanovski also weighing in at 145 lbs, but in California, which means we know that they rehydrated to 169.2 and 166.5 lbs the next day. McGregor is visibly more dehydrated, so he almost certainly cut more water weight than both Yusuff and Volkanovski. That means McGregor rehydrated to enter the cage around 170-172 lbs at featherweight.

At lightweight, McGregor's body fat percentage isn't as low, he enters the cage with around 4-5 more lbs of fat and around 1-3 more lbs of muscle compared to his featherweight days. That means he rehydrates to 175-180 lbs after weighing in at 155-156. He seems to keep his body fat percentage fairly low both in and out of camp, so his walk-around weight is likely 183-187 lbs.

url

siver1.jpg

siver4.jpg

sodiq-yusuffe28093ufc-241.jpg

alex-volkanovski-ufc-232-official-weigh-ins.jpg

McGregor had to extremely dehydrate himself to step on the scale at 145. Look at the pictures below. The last two are Sodiq Yusuff and Alexander Volkanovski also weighing in at 145 lbs, but in California, which means we know that they rehydrated to 169.2 and 166.5 lbs the next day. McGregor is visibly more dehydrated, so he almost certainly cut more water weight than both Yusuff and Volkanovski. That means McGregor rehydrated to enter the cage around 170-172 lbs at featherweight.

At lightweight, McGregor's body fat percentage isn't as low, he enters the cage with around 4-5 more lbs of fat and around 1-3 more lbs of muscle compared to his featherweight days. That means he rehydrates to 175-180 lbs after weighing in at 155-156. He seems to keep his body fat percentage fairly low both in and out of camp, so his walk-around weight is likely 183-187 lbs.

url

siver1.jpg

siver4.jpg

sodiq-yusuffe28093ufc-241.jpg

alex-volkanovski-ufc-232-official-weigh-ins.jpg
How could he have weighed 170 rehydrated at featherweight when he only hit 167 for his fight against diaz?

How could he have weighed 170 rehydrated at featherweight when he only hit 167 for his fight against diaz?
McGregor stepped on the scale weighing 168 lbs at the official weigh-ins the day before each fight with Diaz. Why was he less than 170-172? Because he was slightly dehydrated from cutting a little bit of water weight. Those fights weren't in California, so he wasn't weighed a second time on the day of the fight. Therefore, we don't know how much he actually weighed inside the cage against Diaz. But it was certainly more than 168 lbs. Up until 2 weeks before the first Diaz fight, he was scheduled to fight RDA for the belt at lightweight. Conor had been bulking up a bit to fight at lightweight, which means he weighed a bit more than 170-172 inside the cage against Diaz. He never went back to featherweight.

We know he was somewhere between 168-177 pounds in the first Diaz fight, 171 pounds in the Khabib fight and at least 170 pounds in the Cowboy fight. But considering how he looked at the Khabib fight, he was probably close to 177 instead of 168 in the first Diaz fight and more than 175 pounds instead of 170 in the Cowboy fight.

Compared to Diaz 1, 2, Alvarez, Mayweather, Khabib, Cowboy fights he looked noticably smaller and scrawny in the Poirier 2. Noticably his traps, neck, chest and lats were highly decreased in size, especially the traps. He said he rehsaped his body into true LW frame, he would gradually lose weight over the months and cut only a few pounds. His body confirmed his words. He was 160 to 165 pounds in the cage at best. This was a huge mistake. If he came in at 170+ like he generally does, one of those clean shots would have dropped Poirier.

He probably weighed around 160 pounds in the FW fights with extremely low body fat percentage.

I doubt he'd give Poirier a near 30 pound size edge in the cage, Dustin has been 183 in the cage. Conor's been 167 in the cage in the past for many fights post his FW days. Long slow weight cut probably means cutting just a few pounds of water. That means he'd be 165 at most in the cage.

Do you have a source on Dustin being 183lbs in cage?

he puts on 50 pounds so he can fight men 97.5 times his size

Back