How on earth is Jalin Turner only -200 against Dan Hooker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XociDe

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I feel like this is thread worthy as people should get in as early as possible. It's a legit mismatch. There's another mismatch in the very next fight on that card as well. A Turner/Whittaker double is near evens. This is max bet territory imo.

Pitbull just opened at -200 vs Pettis on Betway. Even at them juiced odds that seems pretty good.

How is he because who ever created that line believes turner will win majority of the time. as days go by people will bet on either Turner or hooker if more money comes in on Turner then the line might move to -220 or higher depending on how much is bet. If you have any other questions about betting feel free to ask

LMFAO!!!!!!!

I feel like this is thread worthy as people should get in as early as possible. It's a legit mismatch. There's another mismatch in the very next fight on that card as well. A Turner/Whittaker double is near evens. This is max bet territory imo.

Can you explain why Turner/Hooker is such a mismatch for the uninitiated?

The betting line at the moment implies Jalin wins roughly 67% of the time which without doing any research into it seems about right.

Can you explain why Turner/Hooker is such a mismatch for the uninitiated?

The betting line at the moment implies Jalin wins roughly 67% of the time which without doing any research into it seems about right.

I'd say Hooker has virtually no way of winning outside of a fluke accident. Turner should be like -500, or more.

Hooker is still living off that fight with Poirier 3 years ago where I'm pretty sure Poirier underestimated him and ended up in a 5 round slugfest. At the same time, that fight took a part of Hooker's soul. Since then he has been ran over by Chandler, Islam, and Arnold Allen. He looked awful in his last fight as well. Slow, stiff, not confident, old. Turner on the other hand has all the attributes and tools to be a real contender. Hooker is usually the bigger man in every fight but this time Turner is significantly bigger.

Hooker is (heavily) outmatched everywhere imo. Is there a single category that you could give to Hooker? Age, speed, power, striking, grappling, height, reach, strength. Turner is very much on the rise and might be hitting his prime right now whereas Hooker looks totally washed. He is 33 but look at the wars he has been in and damage he has taken. For a long time being "tough" was his main attribute.

I'd say Hooker has virtually no way of winning outside of a fluke accident. Turner should be like -500, or more.

Hooker is still living off that fight with Poirier 3 years ago where I'm pretty sure Poirier underestimated him and ended up in a 5 round slugfest. At the same time, that fight took a part of Hooker's soul. Since then he has been ran over by Chandler, Islam, and Arnold Allen. He looked awful in his last fight as well. Slow, stiff, not confident, old. Turner on the other hand has all the attributes and tools to be a real contender. Hooker is usually the bigger man in every fight but this time Turner is significantly bigger.

Hooker is (heavily) outmatched everywhere imo. Is there a single category that you could give to Hooker? Age, speed, power, striking, grappling, height, reach, strength. Turner is very much on the rise and might be hitting his prime right now whereas Hooker looks totally washed. He is 33 but look at the wars he has been in and damage he has taken. For a long time being "tough" was his main attribute.

I think its inappropriate to make this kind of thread in the betting forum stating people should "max bet" a fighter for superficial reasons that include one fighter is bigger than the other.

We all get excited about certain fights but if you want to discuss those fights do it in the appropriate place, the heavies, not in the forum devoted to discussing betting. Unless you have studied these fighters and their tendencies in depth over multiple fights you have no business suggesting other people wager their money.

I think its inappropriate to make this kind of thread in the betting forum stating people should "max bet" a fighter for superficial reasons that include one fighter is bigger than the other.

We all get excited about certain fights but if you want to discuss those fights do it in the appropriate place, the heavies, not in the forum devoted to discussing betting. Unless you have studied these fighters and their tendencies in depth over multiple fights you have no business suggesting other people wager their money.

lmao who the fuck do you think you are

Turner opener at -130 which is absurd

hooker is washed and has nothing for turner. He’s going to get knocked out

still value at -180. I maxed the line a month ago when dk opened it

they also opened Bobby green as a dog to Ferguson lol. -350 now

I mean...I get your point but he's just taking a stand based on what he's seen. People can make their own choice whether to follow him or not (I won't be- I favor Turner for sure but don't think he's a max bet here, I cap him maybe -250ish).

His analysis is mostly surface level that's true, but sometimes that's a tactic that works. There's such a thing as trying to out think the room when something looks obvious to you.

IDK...I didn't see anything egregious about his posts.

Turner opener at -130 which is absurd

hooker is washed and has nothing for turner. He’s going to get knocked out

still value at -180. I maxed the line a month ago when dk opened it

they also opened Bobby green as a dog to Ferguson lol. -350 now
-130 sheesh. Yeah that deserved to be hammered.

I mean...I get your point but he's just taking a stand based on what he's seen. People can make their own choice whether to follow him or not (I won't be- I favor Turner for sure but don't think he's a max bet here, I cap him maybe -250ish).

His analysis is mostly surface level that's true, but sometimes that's a tactic that works. There's such a thing as trying to out think the room when something looks obvious to you.

IDK...I didn't see anything egregious about his posts.

I disagree. I'm sorry the OP took offense to my response as that was absolutely not my intention but I stand by what I said.

It is inappropriate for anyone to make a thread directing others to max bet a fight because of a belief they have that is based on superficial reasons such as height, career trajectory, their soul having been taken etc.

I disagree. I'm sorry the OP took offense to my response as that was absolutely not my intention but I stand by what I said.

It is inappropriate for anyone to make a thread directing others to max bet a fight because of a belief they have that is based on superficial reasons such as height, career trajectory, their soul having been taken etc.
If you weren’t allowed to give opinions on bets here there wouldn’t be a forum

I mean you were pushing that road fight where you said one guy should be a heavy favorite where you offered up a bunch of analysis based on a few Mongolian regional fights and he barely won a decision.

would you have been mad if I made a thread that said max Bobby green over Ferguson because fergusons washed and green is +130?

Please quote me where I "directed others" to max bet Turner? I literally said "in my opinion". I like to think that we're all adults and are responsible for our own decisions.

You're a disingenuous weirdo. I was making the point that Hooker has no advantage in any area of the fight. I highlighted height/reach because he is used to being the bigger man but doesn't even have that this time. Understand? You're trying to paint the picture that I'm telling everyone to empty their bank accounts on Turner because he is taller than Hooker. Fuck off.

Lastly, are we supposed to pretend that career trajectory and taking massive amounts of damage over several years is irrelevant now? Or is it just simply too "superficial" for you?

Arnold Allen finished him in the first round. Turner knocks him out at a high clip
It may be one of those path to least resistance. The same treatment as Riddell

The sub prop for ridell fight was 800+ , Turner is often undervalued for his subs. AT least worth a small sprinkle if you get anything over 500+

It may be one of those path to least resistance. The same treatment as Riddell

The sub prop for ridell fight was 800+ , Turner is often undervalued for his subs. AT least worth a small sprinkle if you get anything over 500+
Hooker might try to take him down so I can see it

@UFCIsNOTRigged

donald-trump-wrong.gif

You specifically said that I "directed others to max bet Turner". I did not. I said that people should get in early (as the line is very likely to move as the fight gets closer). Then I said that it is max bet TERRITORY in my OPINION.

Urine idiot. Get back to your world class fight analysis and stop wasting everybody's time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back