How Strickland broke Adesanya (pics inside)

What are Adesanya’s deficiencies in your eyes? I’m by no means a fan and don’t “care” about him so to speak but just interested. For me I saw a man who they said would be easily taken down, but as the years went on he learned to use to cage to his advantage greatly, which played into his gameplan of sticking on the outside. Normally they would tell a striker to not let themselves be backed up all the way, but Israel used it to his advantage and impressively so really for a guy with no wrestling experience.

His striking was also so far ahead that he was able to win while his opponents knew what he was going to do. They knew he was going to stay on the outside and throw low kick after low kick but hardly anyone had an answer. That speaks for how far ahead he was. Theres stuff that goes on in the cage that we as fans cannot begin to comprehend. But the low kick was effective because izzy was pin point accurate with his hands. If low kicks where all he had, they would be easily negated. This is all imo of course

He might not be the greatest person ever but he’s definitely not a full blown turd like a Jones for example. At least Israel actually came to fight, not poke eyes out and stomp on knees from a distance.
bro jones would snap adesanya like a twig

and please be reasonable
if you think your a better mma refiree then go get a job at the ufc
seems like your a pro
can u enlighten me wich fight ended because of jones eyepokes?
you cant right?

i rememberd the time adesanya called out jones
then coward away lmao

yes izzy coward away avoiding jones

and how many finishes does adesanya have?
compared to jones? please educate me

bro jones would snap adesanya like a twig

and please be reasonable
if you think your a better mma refiree then go get a job at the ufc
seems like your a pro
can u enlighten me wich fight ended because of jones eyepokes?
you cant right?

i rememberd the time adesanya called out jones
then coward away lmao

yes izzy coward away avoiding jones

and how many finishes does adesanya have?
compared to jones? please educate me

Overly emotional Jones stan added to the ignore list. You guys are a waste of time.

Reactions: HHJ
Sean was ineffective against DDP though. If Izzy just stick to boxing to fight toe to toe, I think the result will also be different.

This might be the most realistic, fair post about Adesanya I've seen on the boards a in long time. Good job by you.

Yeah we don’t need to retro actively tarnish a guy. I was pretty pissed when Poatan lost the 3rd fight, but when it finally settled I didn’t really mind it. Adesanya achieved a lot and I don’t think he deserved to have everything undone by losing again to a tremendously skilled foe, honestly Poatan might be top 5 all time - the Jiri fight was very impressive.

But yeah, we all know Israel is a strange brew. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s probably the 2nd best middleweight of all time.

As far as the Strickland fight, I think there was a few factors at play. Trying to train and be motivated to fight Strickland after the 3rd fight against Pereira, it would have felt like a joke. It would have seriously paled in comparison as far as the stakes are concerned. That’s a mistake by Israel to not accept that all championship level fighters are going to present a problem, but he defended his title like 7?+ times very easily. It’s understandable. And then there’s the actual gameplan that Strickland brought. Over the years Adesanya has created a winning formula. That’s what he does best he just knows how to edge out points and win the back and forth. Once Strickland started checking those kicks and parrying punches, Israel had to adjust and he couldn’t. I’d bet he felt paralyzed in there. Nervous system was loaded right up to the max because he’s in a dog fight and Stricklands feints and pressure are adding to it.

It’s similar to what Whittaker said about DDP. You can have all the skills but if you’ve got a young hungry fighter in there you have to match their desire to win.

Yeah we don’t need to retro actively tarnish a guy. I was pretty pissed when Poatan lost the 3rd fight, but when it finally settled I didn’t really mind it. Adesanya achieved a lot and I don’t think he deserved to have everything undone by losing again to a tremendously skilled foe, honestly Poatan might be top 5 all time - the Jiri fight was very impressive.

But yeah, we all know Israel is a strange brew. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s probably the 2nd best middleweight of all time.

As far as the Strickland fight, I think there was a few factors at play. Trying to train and be motivated to fight Strickland after the 3rd fight against Pereira, it would have felt like a joke. It would have seriously paled in comparison as far as the stakes are concerned. That’s a mistake by Israel to not accept that all championship level fighters are going to present a problem, but he defended his title like 7?+ times very easily. It’s understandable. And then there’s the actual gameplan that Strickland brought. Over the years Adesanya has created a winning formula. That’s what he does best he just knows how to edge out points and win the back and forth. Once Strickland started checking those kicks and parrying punches, Israel had to adjust and he couldn’t. I’d bet he felt paralyzed in there. Nervous system was loaded right up to the max because he’s in a dog fight and Stricklands feints and pressure are adding to it.

It’s similar to what Whittaker said about DDP. You can have all the skills but if you’ve got a young hungry fighter in there you have to match their desire to win.

He is undoubtedly the second best Middleweight in UFC history. He's a polarizing figure indeed. It clouds people's judgment in regards to his accomplishments. I think you hit the nail on the head in regards to his improvement as a fighter and someone intelligent enough to fight to his strengths and utilize his physical attributes. When you look at the available tape on him and his fight mileage, as well as possible motivation issues, mixed with the perfect Strickland performance, that loss makes sense in a bubble. I'm curious to see how he looks going forward.

He definitely dominated the fight, but I don’t know if it was necessarily Strickland fighting the perfect fight than it was Adesanya just not showing up…

I don’t want to discredit Strickland, but Adesanya was able to show he could effectively fight off of his back-foot and deal with high pressure in his UFC meetings with Pereira…

The Adesanya that showed up against Strickland loses to everyone he fought prior. Gastelum and Canonier included…

That’s one of the big problems with MMA, and other fight sports in general. In most other sports, if you have a bad game, you can bounce back and prove yourself the next day or week. In fight sports, you have to wait months to prove it a loss was a fluke or if your opponent truly has your number.

He definitely dominated the fight, but I don’t know if it was necessarily Strickland fighting the perfect fight than it was Adesanya just not showing up…

I don’t want to discredit Strickland, but Adesanya was able to show he could effectively fight off of his back-foot and deal with high pressure in his UFC meetings with Pereira…

The Adesanya that showed up against Strickland loses to everyone he fought prior. Gastelum and Canonier included…

That’s one of the big problems with MMA, and other fight sports in general. In most other sports, if you have a bad game, you can bounce back and prove yourself the next day or week. In fight sports, you have to wait months to prove it a loss was a fluke or if your opponent truly has your number.
What? That's a ridiculous thing to say. Strickland dominated Adesanya at his own game. WTF would Gastelum have done to Adesanya that night LOL?

What? That's a ridiculous thing to say. Strickland dominated Adesanya at his own game. WTF would Gastelum have done to Adesanya that night LOL?

He would have done whatever he wanted. And so would anyone else. Adesanya was pretty much a heavy bag that walked backwards that night…

It might be just a matchup thing, or he just shelled up after Strickland hurt him early, but I honestly think Adesanya just didn’t show up to fight that day.

He would have done whatever he wanted. And so would anyone else. Adesanya was pretty much a heavy bag that walked backwards that night…

It might be just a matchup thing, or he just shelled up after Strickland hurt him early, but I honestly think Adesanya just didn’t show up to fight that day.
No. Strickland rocked Adesanya in the first round and that changed the course of the fight. Adesanya showed up, and got whooped pal.

Only tellin you how it is. Strickland is popular,and his fans already know how he fights.
Like these free mental gymnastic lessons you giving out to us right now. Thanks big dawg.

That's such a bad excuse. Adesanya said it himself: No injuries, fight camp went great, well prepared, him and his coach took Strickland seriously. You don't get dominated for 25 minutes because the hotel mattress was too soft or they didn't have your favorite cereal.

Now if he was injured or coming off the couch I would understand, but there's nothing like that. He had all the advantages. It's crazy how people refuse to acknowledge that Strickland has a unique, defensive, non-comitting style with great instincts and reflexes that happens to be Adesanya's kryptonite. Adesanya is a great striker but he's had problems with other strikers. It's not that crazy.

Last edited:
Ya got nothin. Say something w substance or kick rocks
Says the strawwoman giving out mental gymnastic lessons on the reg. Again, stricklands shit talk doesn't come close to matching shit fight style, which is just to spar you. Come back with something other than mental gymnastics cuz.

Strickland took Izzys weapons away.
Sadly he couldn't take DDP's weapons away: Running towards you while hitting air

Says the strawwoman giving out mental gymnastic lessons on the reg. Again, stricklands shit talk doesn't come close to matching shit fight style, which is just to spar you. Come back with something other than mental gymnastics cuz.
I didnt say his shit talk matched his fight style,doofus. I said that it doesnt matter if it does or not. As long as people like him personally,they dont care how he fights,only winning matters. The people cheering for him already know how he fights,they dont care.

Strickland took Izzys weapons away.
Sadly he couldn't take DDP's weapons away: Running towards you while hitting air

If it wasn't for a few well timed takedowns from DDP, Strickland would have cruised to a UD like he usually does. It's hard to outstrike him, hell I think only Pereira did

I didnt say his shit talk matched his fight style,doofus. I said that it doesnt matter if it does or not. As long as people like him personally,they dont care how he fights,only winning matters. The people cheering for him already know how he fights,they dont care.
Again you went mental gymnast on my topic. Usually the thing to do is to not reply to the comment and then you won't expose yourself as a mental gymnast. But now you done tripled downed on being one. Congrats? Either way, all that bullshit you said, has nothing to do with Strickland talking mad shit about being about that life but then in the cage Strickland doesn't fight anything like his shit talking.

Back